Rumour Fevola to join the Casey Scorpions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not_Sure_if_Serious-%28n1292338719834%29.jpg

Why can't he be serious?

He'd be playing a game of football with Fevola, not out on the piss with him.

He'd learn a lot from watching Fev play footy.

Why can't he be serious?

He'd be playing a game of football with Fevola, not out on the piss with him.

He'd learn a lot from watching Fev play footy.
Yeah! How not to chase an opponent and how to have a sook when you are not getting a kick.

Fev was a great player but unfortunately for him he is a greater ******** on and off the field.

Brendan Fevola signs with VFL club Casey Scorpions

UPDATE 6.40pm: FOOTBALL bad boy Brendan Fevola has signed to play with VFL side Casey Scorpions.

Leader believes the axed Brisbane Lions’ management will soon issue a press release indicating his preference is to play with the Scorpions in the Victorian Football League.

Fevola has said he will use the VFL this season as a platform to relaunch his AFL career after he was sensationally dumped by the Brisbane Lions in the middle of a multi-million dollar contract

Yeah! How not to chase an opponent and how to have a sook when you are not getting a kick.

Fev was a great player but unfortunately for him he is a greater ******** on and off the field.

Yes because he's the only player that cracks the shits, ever noticed Aaron Davey crack the shits and just mope around for the next 20 minutes.

Every player cracks the shits, but if you look at Fevolas first few games for the Lions before he got injured he was playing excellent team football.

Him signing with Casey has no effect on Melbourne whatsoever, unless they use Fev as a training tool for Frawley.

Unfortunately we have to deal with it, until we're rich enough to have our own VFL team rather than an affiliate we can't force Casey to do anything.

The only bad thing I think could happen is he takes the position of someone like Lucas Cook (I don't think Fevs attitude is going to rub off on our players at all, they aren't idiots).

I think for Casey it is a great thing recruiting Fev for a season. How many more bodies through the gate are they going to get each week? Will equate to more $$$ for sure!

As for the Dees. It shouldn't have too much of an impact, except if he takes one of our young kids spot on the field, which is possibly the case with Cook or Fitzpatrick! But I'm sure they will find a spot on the field for them anyway! And playing alongside Fev will hopefully be a valuable experience for some of them! And let's face it, with Fev in the side, Casey have more chance of making finals, which means our kids will get exposure to finals pressure of sorts.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Good move by Casey, and as long as we keep him away from our players after hours, we have nothing to worry about...

Some good points.

I read your comment before the altered post :p Thought someone was actually agreeing with me.

I can see the good and bad in this. Just hoping it works out. If he actually is taking Lucas Cook's spot that's a shame.

G'day guys

Living close by to Casey Scorpions, I know some people inside the club. Casey were saying they were always going to go after Fevola once the MacReadie deal went through, they decided they would like to try and keep this low key, hence the Monday late night press release by his (Fevola's) management.

I think that the recruitment will be a big plus for both Casey and Melbourne. Looking at the bigger picture, he will be at training, match days and will teach the younger guys a great deal.

The debate about what impact it will have on the younger guys careers, look at one Ben Cousins. A real inspiration, I just hope that, for Fev's sake, he can pull his head in and really decide if AFL football is for him. so good on him for not just going back to Beaconsfield or Narre Warren in the Casey - Cardinia league to just piss fart around, but to have a red hot dip again, who knows, he may just end up on a (Melbourne) list come the end of 2011.

G'day guys
I think that the recruitment will be a big plus for both Casey and Melbourne. Looking at the bigger picture, he will be at training, match days and will teach the younger guys a great deal.

didnt hear the story of him telling his new Brisbane teammates how he didnt want to be at a training session and a second year player told him to **** OFF then.?

Just because a player has experience doesnt mean that he will pass anything on to younger players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him signing with Casey has no effect on Melbourne whatsoever, unless they use Fev as a training tool for Frawley.

Disagree Dez - we are crying out for another key forward and bringing one of our kids up through Casey has just been stifled in a big way.

I read your comment before the altered post :p Thought someone was actually agreeing with me.

I can see the good and bad in this. Just hoping it works out. If he actually is taking Lucas Cook's spot that's a shame.

Yeh sorry Gaz - Im not a fan of having Fev around our younger guys. Put simply he is just a bad egg.

I think youre underestimating just how big a dick head this bloke actually is.

Argh! So much negative media coverage and scrutiny for the dees already and 2011 hasn't started :/

..crappy decision by Casey for Dee's.. ..sure it's great for Casey, no vfl FB will stand a chance against Fev.. ..but factor in that for years at the blues Fev hogged something like 75/80% of all F50 entries, and you can see how much more magnetic he's gonna be in a VFL side, and woe to any mid that ignores his leads.. ..will delay/setback the much needed development of all your tall fwds you just drafted..

..also, he won't "teach" your young players anything regarding actual real bonafide F50 work.., would minimise the training he does with your young players too, cos he's not exactly a professional athlete type trainer either..

..sooner the rest of the afl clubs get their own in-house ressie teams the better off for us all..

I thought Lucas Cook was a CHF anyway? So who's position is Fev actually taking? Maybe a Howe? But I can see Howe playing in our seniors soon anyway! Fitzpatrick is the one I can see struggling to get a game now Fev is at Casey.

I don't think it's a huge concern like many are suggesting. It will be for 1 season only. Cook can play CHF, Howe a forward pocket(possible AFL spot later in the season) and Fitzpatrick can either play in the ruck, or in the Casey magoos. Fevola, Howe, Cook, Bate, Wona and maybe Fitzpatrick and Tappscott in the Casey forwardline! A few goals there you would think....Certainly worth going to watch IMO....

Well, I'm trying to be positive about it, but then again, I'm not really the type to change my opinion once something has actually happened.

Bad move, in my view. Maybe a good move for Casey as it will certainly help their attendances, but not a good one for Melbourne.

I thought Lucas Cook was a CHF anyway? So who's position is Fev actually taking? Maybe a Howe? But I can see Howe playing in our seniors soon anyway! Fitzpatrick is the one I can see struggling to get a game now Fev is at Casey.

I don't think it's a huge concern like many are suggesting. It will be for 1 season only. Cook can play CHF, Howe a forward pocket(possible AFL spot later in the season) and Fitzpatrick can either play in the ruck, or in the Casey magoos. Fevola, Howe, Cook, Bate, Wona and maybe Fitzpatrick and Tappscott in the Casey forwardline! A few goals there you would think....Certainly worth going to watch IMO....

I agree wholeheartedly. My objections were purely from an off-field perspective, and I pity anyone stupid enough to follow him in his antics. I think our youngsters are smart enough not to. And who knows- 66 days in rehab might've done something for him? Maybe...

Cook is a CHF, Howe can play FP, and Fitzy could well be needed in the ruck anyway with Campbell down and Gawn's appearances sporadic at best.

Not sure what to think of the move other than all is not well with the Melbourne/Casey alliance. Remember how Peter German left Casey after a successful season because of Melbourne's interference. Casey obviously want to do everything in their power to win and be successful, whilst Melbourne want them to be a junior development club. Until we have our own VFL team, Casey are entitled to call the shots.

As for Fevola being able to teach the younger forwards, I don't think so. Forward play is all about workrate, and I don't think that this is Fev's cup of tea. He'd be happy to play within the forward 50, and kick a bag every week. Having said that, I don't think that he's taking up a spot of a younger player. If they're good enough, they'll play.

Not sure what to think of the move other than all is not well with the Melbourne/Casey alliance. Remember how Peter German left Casey after a successful season because of Melbourne's interference. Casey obviously want to do everything in their power to win and be successful, whilst Melbourne want them to be a junior development club. Until we have our own VFL team, Casey are entitled to call the shots.

As for Fevola being able to teach the younger forwards, I don't think so. Forward play is all about workrate, and I don't think that this is Fev's cup of tea. He'd be happy to play within the forward 50, and kick a bag every week. Having said that, I don't think that he's taking up a spot of a younger player. If they're good enough, they'll play.

Totally agree with the above & this will take us closer to being a stand alone VFL club. I'm not sure where though, All of the work being done out Casey way may have to be re directed...

We could use Oakleigh,Dandenong or Mordialloc VFA grounds as a base or ????

Question - Do Collingwood & Geelong VFL teams have a 2nds team???

All it is going to cost us to have a stand alone team is $10 per membership, not much in the scheme of things...

Gee you folks around here love a good over reaction!

Have a look at what Ben Cousins did with the young RIchmond midfield. The guy has spent 66 days in rehab.

Having met Brendan several times, when he isn't on the piss, he is a good dude. If he sorts himself out, this is a great thing for Melbourne's young forwards. I admit, at this stage it's a big if, but give the guy a chance.

People pointing out that 80% of the ball went to him in Carltons forward line, well that's just because they had no one else. It wasn't then same at Brisbane. As much as Brendan can be dick after hours, he will show the youngsters what to do on the field, and they don't need to hang out with him outside of footy.

If it doesn't work out, then so be it, it wont be detrimental to Melbourne if it doesn't. But if all goes to plan, then the benefits could be huge. Give it a chance!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back