Rumour Goddard to GWS? Nah - Collingwood supporters think he's coming to them

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the makings of a win/win trade are to be held with Carlton.

From what I know (middle tier source) is that the Blues want him, he wants to go to the Blues.

The Blues also have enough surplus to make the Saints happy with the trade.

Not saying it will happen but more that if it does both teams can come out ahead just like the Juddy trade.

Sure....Kruezer, Watson & your 1st rounder?

I wouldn't be surprised at all now if BJ goes elsewhere. It's the fashionable thing this summer to leave St. Kilda.

Nothing will surprise me now. However.. not going to worry about it.

I'd like him to stay. I want him to be captain. However, if he wants to go for $$$ then... he will.

I think the makings of a win/win trade are to be held with Carlton.

From what I know (middle tier source) is that the Blues want him, he wants to go to the Blues.

The Blues also have enough surplus to make the Saints happy with the trade.

Not saying it will happen but more that if it does both teams can come out ahead just like the Juddy trade.
Apparently he wants to go to Collingwood, Essendon and GWS as well :rolleyes:

Ive thought that if Ross Lyon was around in 2012 that Goddard would piss off to GWS, but now that he is gone i really think he is going to stay at the mighty Saints.

Oh and Hutchy the flog last night reckons we should trade him to Essendon for, wait for it........ Patrick "Spud" Ryder & Pick 18/19 (whatever they have)...... Seriously has rocks in his head if he thinks we would even consider that. Hell im hoping we can suck someone in and get a decent player with out 1st pick cos the draft is so weak....

Would not trade Ryder for Goddard.

Then you are an idiot. And I think the club would have to seriously consider say, pick 3 and O'Meara.

We should avoid O'Meara as much as possible - he has stated his interest in returning home as soon as he can. I'm not sure how much truth there is in that, but why risk it?

If Goddard is leaving it will be so that he can be a "Career Footballer". He will want money. GWS will be the place to go if thats what motivates him. He would put up with a few years at Breakfast Point ( though their "country club" is lacking a golf course, there's one within jogging distance )
Carlton , Collingwood, Essendon = wishful thinking by their supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? What would motivate Goddard to go to Carlton?

Excuse my intrusion but I must answer that question.
He barracked for Carlton as a kid. :eek: Sort of a running joke on our board.

Just for the spirit of it though: Would Carlton be in the ball park with Hampson, Lucas and a top 10 draft pick?

Just for the spirit of it though: Would Carlton be in the ball park with Hampson, Lucas and a top 10 draft pick?

Probably.

Now excuse me I'm just putting a CD on. Oh its an old Supertramp classic.

" Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer;
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no!"

Robert Harvey baracked for Essendon.

You're kidding right. Hampson is a lurch and you don't have a top 10 pick to give away.

If Goddard is leaving it will be so that he can be a "Career Footballer". He will want money. GWS will be the place to go if thats what motivates him. He would put up with a few years at Breakfast Point ( though their "country club" is lacking a golf course, there's one within jogging distance )
Carlton , Collingwood, Essendon = wishful thinking by their supporters.

Concord is noice :thumbsu:

Give us one of Gibbs, Murphy or Kruezer plus a mid ranger and a top 10 pick and the deal is done.

Amazing people think they will get a top 3 player in the league with a spud like Hampson and a draft pick, they have no idea!!!

Josh Kennedy destroyed Carlton on the weekend, how ironic.

If Goddard was to go then this is what I would like to see play out

Goddard to GC for pick 4 and Sam Day

Pick 4 on-traded to WC for Gaff

Sam Day on-traded to ADEL for Dangerfield

Danger wants to return to Melb - Check

Gaff same - Check

Day wants to return to SA - Check

WC get good compo in pick 4 - Check

GC get a marquee gun player - Check

So it's effectively Goddard for Gaff and Dangerfield

We effectively trade Goddard for Gaff and Danger

Saying that I would prefer to keep Goddard who will be our next captain. This is if he doesn't want to sign a contract extension prior to becoming a free agent

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware. Have you got a link for that information anywhere regarding the veteran's list?

I have been searching for this, this is all I could find

"The Veterans List allowance will be amended to apply to players with 10 years service at one club and will be based on a set amount of TPP per player calculated as a percentage of TPP"

Link: http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=89810

So its seems ScoDog is correct, however they will only get a fixed $$ relief eg. $100K per player, rather than the current system where 50% of 2 veterans payments (33% for 3 veterans) can be excluded from the cap.
Going to cause issues for some clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back