MEGA THREAD***** Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawthorn vs Collingwood + umpires

52419_o.gif

Re: Pies v Hawks holding the ball

If I recall correctly in the last quarter there was a hawks player who was tackled and threw the ball right in front of the umpires, and it wasn't paid. Now I'm not trying to whinge, just saying that bad decisions go both ways. You can't pick 1 decision out of the game and say that was the moment that cost us the game. I'm sure collingwood could do the same if they were beaten (and I'm sure some of our supporters would have), but the fact is bad decisions don't cost games, bad kicking does, and that has what happened tonight. Hawthorn played a great game but left the door slightly open for collingwood to come and win the game and they did. No ifs and buts about it, that is the fact and no amount of deliberation will change it.

The best team won. Nuf said. Go have a cry. Every club has harsh decisions paid against them. Brown and gibbo were holding eachother. Inthe 1st qtr they outlawed body contact per say in any marking contest. Poor hawkes they were brave bla bla bla

To be honest the only one that I found somewhat questionable was the Puopolo decision and while i do not agree with it, going by this years interpretation that was holding the ball. I thought Collingwood clearly got the rough end of the stick from the umps in the first 3 quarters but that is ok because people dont want to admit that everyone makes mistakes.

Sometimes you just need someone to blame.

How about you focus on how good the Hawks were and how well the Pies did to fight back.
Without the umpires the fightback wouldn't have got any traction. Crucial calls continued to go the Pies was throughout the final quarter.

Take your i hate collingwood glasses off and watch the game again.My own mother hates collingwood(shes a blues supporter) and said it looked like hawthorn had 3 extra players on the ground the umpiring was that bad.You only remember the decisions at the end because it didn't end the way YOU wanted it to.At the end of most games the umpires let things go,its just the way it is.

Not sure where all the bitterness is coming from. Thread is 95% neutrals.

Could not be any less bitter, just sifting through this many pages of morons giving 0 credit to an unbelievable 4th QTR by a great side is just bemusing. I'd say everyone else is bitter, this is way too sweet for me.

Come on this is pathetic I hate Collingwood and umpires but they seriously didn't have a huge impact on the game. How do you know that the Hawks would've booted a goal if Puopolo didn't get pinged for holding the ball? Hawthorn's risky kicking, poor goal kicking and bad mistakes cost them in the end.

I ll give juddy the brownlow but umpires in last quarter need shooting
cats member

How about you focus on how good the Hawks were and how well the Pies did to fight back.

Because the fight back was assisted by some horrible umpiring decisions and non-decisions in the last quarter. I've never seen a post-game umpiring whinge thread with so many neutral supporters agreeing that one side was shafted. Clearly Hawk's were robbed. Cats or Eagles better win next week, otherwise this is the most tainted flag in living memory.

Enjoy your undeserved victory. Go cats and eagles!

I too thought there was something not quite right tonight yet familiar.
Recently I took my daughter to the Doctors when she was showing similar symptoms.
The Doc asked whats the problem?
I said she has Collingwood disease.
He replied there's nothing anyone can do, its incurable. yet wisperd "with the right amount of money we point you in the right direction".

Sure there was some dubious decisions in the final quarter but for me Clarksons coaching gee whizz! why was Maxwell not made accountable in the final quarter and why Hawthorn refused to have a shot at Goal.

Bad kicking is bad football, should have been over at 3 quarter time, knew the pies would win because good sides dont let you miss regulation set shots...saw it happen with my boys last week Marc Murphy kicks 2 regulation set shots at the end of the first and beginning 7 goals up Blues in a prelim..misses gives eagles a sniff season over...we were lambasted last week for blaming umps but now its ok??

End of the day 2 more scoring shots, more possessions, overpossessed in critical moments, good sides make you pay for those mistakes

Umpiring is terrible..shocking in fact how free kicks are paid and then because of the moment umps put the whistle away and its not a free?? Are they scared of upsetting the pocket of supporters they're officiating in front of at the time ?? Its a joke and its got to change but it wont because its been s**t for 100 years!

But to say it cost Hawks the game is wrong, Hawthorn lost Hawthorm the game by missing regulation set shots it is that simple...they had control over that aspect of the game and they muffed it..they can only blame themselves..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the fight back was assisted by some horrible umpiring decisions and non-decisions in the last quarter. I've never seen a post-game umpiring whinge thread with so many neutral supporters agreeing that one side was shafted. Clearly Hawk's were robbed. Cats or Eagles better win next week, otherwise this is the most tainted flag in living memory.

Enjoy your undeserved victory. Go cats and eagles!
Eat s€%# poor loser

Think that you need to look at the umpires decisions in the last quarter in relation to the whole game.

- Gibson/Brown non decision - A shocker - But umps never pay this shepherding in the goal square - Dont Know why - they JUST DON'T.

Hodge high tackle - Tackle hit Hodge's upper arm - No free Kick

Puopolo HTB - Correct decision. Puopolo's role was to nullify Davis and lock the ball in the forward line - Had come close to being penalised once or twice earlier for HTB after jumping on the ball.

One other thing to point out is that both teams made lots of mistakes in the last quarter - Hence Puopolo and Hodge fumbling loose balls - Clean pick up and Hawks could have scored goals.

Players made more mistakes than Umpires in the last quarter.

Lots of soft free's.

Have to say as a neutral Collingwood certainly got some favourable calls and non calls in the last 5 minutes.

Collingwood supporters only think the umpires were against them for the first 3 quarters, because, Collingwood losing = umpires fault. Was even in the first 3 quarters, with barely a questionable, important call made.

Umpires turned the game on it's head in the last with some deplorable, game changing decisions. I guess 15 others clubs must be wrong though. ;/

We got favorable calls in the last quarter which is only what u guys seem to remember, but they got all the rub of the green in the first 3 quarters so stop ****ing crying

Bad kicking is bad football, should have been over at 3 quarter time, knew the pies would win because good sides dont let you miss regulation set shots...saw it happen with my boys last week Marc Murphy kicks 2 regulation set shots at the end of the first and beginning 7 goals up Blues in a prelim..misses gives eagles a sniff season over...we were lambasted last week for blaming umps but now its ok??

The difference is this week it's justified.

Boo bloody hoo,umpires cost Hawthorn that match no credit at all for a team
that had a real dip,try watching a replay of the match and you will see there were dodgy ones both ways.

Not grabbing that mark in the backline cost us, goal after the throw in. Bateman had a terrible last quarter, worse than the umpires. Regardless it was good to see Pies fans knowing they're s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back