Post Your Team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

looking for some early feedback on this team. (Open in new tab for better resolution)

First attempt for this year:

fuayz7.png

You plaining to trade one of the tigers out of the backline?

First Attempt:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Ellis (Smedts, L Brown)

Mids: Swan, Ablett, J.Selwood, Barlow, Sheil, Stevens (Mcdonald, Miles)

Rucks: Sandi, Leunberger (Giles, Stephensen)

Forwards: Buddy, Zaha, D.Martin, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown, Porps, Zorko. (Treloar, T.Walsh)

Thoughts? obviously alot will change between now and round 1. $64,700 remaining in the kitty.

Very nice team mate. Minor Rd 12 bye issue in the mids but given the quality of selections may be worthwhile.

Dreamteam2.png

107k left
Thoughts

Solid team you have there mate,my only concern is 3 Richmond players in defence and come Rnd 13 you will have 5 backmen missing with no dp link apart from that very nice :thumbsu:.

My first team is:

DEF:
Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Waters, Grimes, Clarke, Bugg
(Morris, Wilkes)
MID:
Swan, Ablett, Murphy, Shiels, Clifton, Shiel,D
(Kennedy,A ,Brown,L)
RUCKS:
McEvoy, Naitanui (Giles,J ,Stephensen,O)
FWDS:
Chapman, Franklin, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Winderlich, Zorko, Treloar
(Saad,A ,Rowe,S)

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

Solid team you have there mate,my only concern is 3 Richmond players in defence and come Rnd 13 you will have 5 backmen missing with no dp link apart from that very nice :thumbsu:.

My first team is:

DEF:
Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Waters, Grimes, Clarke, Bugg
(Morris, Wilkes)
MID:
Swan, Ablett, Murphy, Shiels, Clifton, Shiel,D
(Kennedy,A ,Brown,L)
RUCKS:
McEvoy, Naitanui (Giles,J ,Stephensen,O)
FWDS:
Chapman, Franklin, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Winderlich, Zorko, Treloar
(Saad,A ,Rowe,S)

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.
Grimes and Waters both are injured a fair bit. Waters might not play half back because of his kicking skills this year and might not score as well as he has in the past I personally wouldn't pick either. Shiels? For his price you could probably pick a safer player like Mitchell or Boyd. Naitanui doesn't score that well in DT. Maybe in SC but not DT. Chappy is getting older. Will his body hold up? Fyfe injury concerns....Winderlich doesn't score well in DT.

My team-
e2IVW.jpg

Grimes and Waters both are injured a fair bit. Waters might not play half back because of his kicking skills this year and might not score as well as he has in the past I personally wouldn't pick either. Shiels? For his price you could probably pick a safer player like Mitchell or Boyd. Naitanui doesn't score that well in DT. Maybe in SC but not DT. Chappy is getting older. Will his body hold up? Fyfe injury concerns....Winderlich doesn't score well in DT.

My team-
e2IVW.jpg
Not sure if the right player, but I'm pretty sure a lot of Freo supporters didnt want Duffield in the best 22

Not sure if the right player, but I'm pretty sure a lot of Freo supporters didnt want Duffield in the best 22

Yeh a lot don't want him in their best 22 but if you read the Eagles board some believe that Waters and Selwood aren't best 22 yet you will see them picked all year. I think Duffield might be a similar situation.

Lyon loves his HB sweepers which my guess would come from Suban or Duffield. NAB cup should show a lot but Duffield could be a good pickup if used in that role.

If BF supporters had their way every team would have 8 first year draftees and 6 others under 21. Everyone on the fringe or over 26 delisted.

Duff gives great run but can burn it a bit. Seems like a battle between he and Suban for rebounding defender. Nab Cup may paint a picture.

If not, just listen to Ross, after all, Gilbert was playing forward last year :rolleyes:

This is my second attempt, my first is somewhere earlier in the thread:

Dcfgy.png

I find this team really balanced for the bye round and it took a lot of switching around to get a good number of premiums from each bye set. Also if you don't have Goodes in your team in round one, expect to miss some serious points.

I colour-coded my team so it's easier to tell who is in what bye set.

I'm open to criticism.

Dcfgy.png

I find this team really balanced for the bye round and it took a lot of switching around to get a good number of premiums from each bye set. Also if you don't have Goodes in your team in round one, expect to miss some serious points.

I colour-coded my team so it;s easier to tell who is in what bye set.

I'm open to criticism.

Can't really complain about that team, good structure.

Rookies might need to be changed, but i think we'll all do that over NAB.

No sandilands? what are your thoughts on him?

First attempt this year.

dd2012.jpg

7 GWS rookies is too many, but as i said in last post, i'd expect everyone to change rookies after NAB.

Well structured otherwise, nothing sticks out as being off.

Very strong rucks, probably will end up being 1 and 2 come season's end as long as their bodies hold up.

Dcfgy.png

I colour-coded my team so it;s easier to tell who is in what bye set.

I'm open to criticism.

Goodes tradionally starts very slow so i wouldnt bank on him having a blinder even though it is against GWS. I would rather take ROK first up as he normally starts very well

My team-
e2IVW.jpg

Thanks for feedback mate yeah your right about Waters,Grimes and Chappy i just felt that they are still good enough injury prone as they are risk vs reward. Nicnat well he averaged 75 last year came along in leaps and bounds compared to his first year and feel that this year he will be given further responsibility and his average may improve futher. I will have to look at him over the nab cup,Shiels i thought he was pretty consistant last year and will be on the improve this year i originally had Barlow it was a toss of the coin hmm but yeah something for me to think about.
Your team very solid, though the problem i see is Rnd 13 in your backline with 6 players missing with no dp link, your Mids cant fault it but for me personally woulld rather have 2 playing rookies in the middle as they will generate cash for future trades, so i would get rid of hayes for say Shiels,D which would leave you with $297,400.00 and up grade say Pfeiffer,D which will give you $415,200 to spend in the forward line which needs some work imo. Then come trade time Hayes value would have dropped in price, hope this wasn't too long winded and makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes tradionally starts very slow so i wouldnt bank on him having a blinder even though it is against GWS. I would rather take ROK first up as he normally starts very well

Lol, such a shit comment mate, Goodes scored 76, 120 and 115 in his first 3 last year. Hardly a "traditional slow start". Where did you read that piece of garbage? I know I've seen it a few times around this forum.

Goodes will rip GWS a new one in Round 1. Remember what Carlton did to Gold Coast in their first game last year?? 10 players over 90 pts including Thornton and Garlett.

Could be wise to start with both Goodes and ROK this year

Lol, such a shit comment mate, Goodes scored 76, 120 and 115 in his first 3 last year. Hardly a "traditional slow start". Where did you read that piece of garbage? I know I've seen it a few times around this forum.

Goodes will rip GWS a new one in Round 1. Remember what Carlton did to Gold Coast in their first game last year?? 10 players over 90 pts including Thornton and Garlett.

Could be wise to start with both Goodes and ROK this year

Goodes traditionally starts slow. He started okay but still finished with a bang. Remember some people gave him 6 BOGS in like the last 6 games or something and thought he would win the charlie.

After 5 rounds he was avg 86.8
After 9 he was avg 93.4

Compared to his 100 avg season, that is a traditional slow start. You cant just subjectively look at the first 3 rounds, his price would have changed once.

I however agree he should rip GWS a new one, or one they should get use to.

Team currently looks like this:

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Armstrong, Clarke, Ellis, Darley
(Morris, Smedts)

MID: Ablett, Selwood, Redden, Gibbs, Barlow, Shiel
(Zorko, McDonald)

RUCK: Leuenberger, McEvoy
(Giles, Stepenson)

FWD: Franklin, Cloke, Zaharakis, Martin, Christiansen, Saad, Treloar
(Rowe, Walsh)

Only have $2700 left in the bank however, so might need to change team around to have available funds incase of a crisis.

Team currently looks like this:

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Armstrong, Clarke, Ellis, Darley
(Morris, Smedts)

MID: Ablett, Selwood, Redden, Gibbs, Barlow, Shiel
(Zorko, McDonald)

RUCK: Leuenberger, McEvoy
(Giles, Stepenson)

FWD: Franklin, Cloke, Zaharakis, Martin, Christiansen, Saad, Treloar
(Rowe, Walsh)

Only have $2700 left in the bank however, so might need to change team around to have available funds incase of a crisis.

Your midfield is very strong with 5 promo's including a "unique" in Gibbs. Who would have thought that Gibbs would end up be a unique selection after 50% of teams had him last year? I can't see more than 5% of teams having him this year, which will be win for those who take a chance on him purely as a mid only. I honestly believe he will improve his average to somewhere between 112-120 this year. I wouldn't even be surprised if he averages more than Murphy and ends up being in the top 6 mids TBH.

Can't really complain about that team, good structure.

Rookies might need to be changed, but i think we'll all do that over NAB.

No sandilands? what are your thoughts on him?

Normally I would have Sandilands in there first pick, but it was him or Mumford as they were in the same bye set and come the byes I didn't want want a week ruck division in week 12.

I've been fiddling a lot the last week and I think I'm getting close to happy with me team.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Waters, Grimes, M Clarke, Mohr, Morris, Bugg

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, S Thompson, Barlow, Hayes, Clifton, Shiel, L Brown

Ruck: Jacobs, Giles, Stephenson, Rowe

Forwards: Sylvia, Zaharakis, D Martin, Sidebottom, J Brown, Porplyzia, Saad, Zorko, Treloar

My thought process:

Def: With 4 players in the BYE13 this could be an issue, which is why L Brown is in mids, hoping he gets a game in this round so I can DP him into the backs. I will look to downgrade/upgrade Morris by this time. I'd love to get Sam Gilbert into my team, think he'll significantly jump on his 70 PPG price, but structurally I just can't see how.

Mids: Hayes is the big question mark in my team. I'm thinking he's worth starting with in case he goes straight at 100+ PPG. If he's struggling I can always downgrade to the hottest rookie.

Rucks: Only going with one premium ( I think Jacobs will be huge ). I'm hoping one of Giles or Stephenson can go at ~70 PPG which will make the risk worthwile. Will look to upgrade Giles by Round 11 to cover the bye. Obviously risky but I like my team balance much better than with 2 premium rucks.

Forwards: Happy with my 4 keepers, prepared to punt on Brown... I really want Franklin and Fyfe but I think I'll be able to grab them later on at a better price.... Good idea?

98.5K in the bank

Any thoughts?

I've been fiddling a lot the last week and I think I'm getting close to happy with me team.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Waters, Grimes, M Clarke, Mohr, Morris, Bugg

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, S Thompson, Barlow, Hayes, Clifton, Shiel, L Brown

Ruck: Jacobs, Giles, Stephenson, Rowe

Forwards: Sylvia, Zaharakis, D Martin, Sidebottom, J Brown, Porplyzia, Saad, Zorko, Treloar

My thought process:

Def: With 4 players in the BYE13 this could be an issue, which is why L Brown is in mids, hoping he gets a game in this round so I can DP him into the backs. I will look to downgrade/upgrade Morris by this time. I'd love to get Sam Gilbert into my team, think he'll significantly jump on his 70 PPG price, but structurally I just can't see how.

Mids: Hayes is the big question mark in my team. I'm thinking he's worth starting with in case he goes straight at 100+ PPG. If he's struggling I can always downgrade to the hottest rookie.

Rucks: Only going with one premium ( I think Jacobs will be huge ). I'm hoping one of Giles or Stephenson can go at ~70 PPG which will make the risk worthwile. Will look to upgrade Giles by Round 11 to cover the bye. Obviously risky but I like my team balance much better than with 2 premium rucks.

Forwards: Happy with my 4 keepers, prepared to punt on Brown... I really want Franklin and Fyfe but I think I'll be able to grab them later on at a better price.... Good idea?

98.5K in the bank

Any thoughts?

Ah so much better to see someone put down their team and then back up their selections.

If you want to get Gilbert i might suggest you trade Waters for him, Waters i believe has had a bit of an up and down preseason and there is always the chance of injury. If you think Gilbert will get back to his favoured position and perform get on him.

You've got a lot of the value picks - Barlow, Hayes, Brown, Porps - will they ALL perform? hard to say, it's certainly a risk, but could always turn out to be a genius move, and as you say if it fails early can always downgrade to a bubble rookie.

Good approach to a balanced team.

Ah so much better to see someone put down their team and then back up their selections.

If you want to get Gilbert i might suggest you trade Waters for him, Waters i believe has had a bit of an up and down preseason and there is always the chance of injury. If you think Gilbert will get back to his favoured position and perform get on him.

You've got a lot of the value picks - Barlow, Hayes, Brown, Porps - will they ALL perform? hard to say, it's certainly a risk, but could always turn out to be a genius move, and as you say if it fails early can always downgrade to a bubble rookie.

The issue I have with Gilbert is that his bye is in the same round as Goddard, Deledio and Suckling (also Morris), and I can't see my team without those three.

I've fiddled with having Goddard or Lids in the middle, but then it screws up the bye fixturing as well.

Gilbert seems to be the one who has to miss out, although I'm sure I'll regret it!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm a sucker for a bargain (you forgot Grimes, Waters and Clarke!)... it's destroyed me in previous seasons and I swear never again but once I see those juicy prices logic goes out the window.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm a sucker for a bargain (you forgot Grimes, Waters and Clarke!)... it's destroyed me in previous seasons and I swear never again but once I see those juicy prices logic goes out the window.

True, there are a lot of bargains, good thoughts on the byes, I'm hopeless trying to keep up with byes.

I'm more a league-win type guy so if i can just bank on losing one round and choosing as many players from 1 bye round then that works for me.

2nd attempt of my team;

Backs; H.Scotland(mid), B.Goddard(mid), G.Birchall, J.Grimes, B.Lake, M.Clarke, B.Ellis (B.Shmedts(fwd), S.Morris)

Mids; D.Swan(c), G.Ablett(vc), D.Beams(fwd), B.Deledio(def), S.Coniglio, D.Shiel (L.Brown(def), A.Sexton(fwd))

Rucks; A.Sandilands, H.McIntosh (J.Giles, O.Stephensen)

Forwards; L.Franklin, D.Zaharakis(mid), D.Martin(mid), S.Sidebottom(mid), J.Brown, J.Porplyzia, A.Treloar(mid) (A.Saad, D.Zorko(mid))

I got 97,400k in the bank and will probs re-do my whole team again a few times leading up to the start of the season.

Backs; A little worried about taking the double risk on lake and grimes but don't see many other options at those prices.

Mids; I dont like having deledio and beams in there but come the byes I think it will be worth it (ill probs change my rookies to better cash cows and get the dpp ones closer to the byes.

Fwds; Quite happy with the fwd lineup, gonna take a punt on brown and hopefully it pulls off :D

I really don't understand why so many people are jumping on the Porps bandwagon this year. Sure he's cheap @ 202k but even when fully fit and firing, he has never been DT relevant.

Year Games Average
2006 9 59.4
2007 14 59.0
2008 18 78.3
2009 22 75.8
2010 19 68.4
2011 1 16.0

Even in his best year statistically 2009, where he played 24 games @ kicked 57 goals. He averaged 14 possies 3.7 marks & 2.7 tackles per game he only managed a 75.8 DT average.

Personally I can't see him ever playing better than he did in 2009 (although his DT average was a little higher in 2008 with less possies and goals) Even if you remove last years 16.0 DT average) he averages 68.2 over his career & 75 in his last 3 full seasons.

So @ 202k, I can't see his price going up any higher that 250-260k over the course of the season and that's if he were to replicate his very best season. Certainly not a cash cow and if previous DT scoring is any indication, not a keeper either.

After some tinkering this is what i've come up with,
advice please.

Defender's:

H.Scotland (Carl) B Goddard (St K) C.Enright (Geel)
B.Deledio (Rich) M Butine (GWS) M Clarke (Coll)
B.Ellis (Rich)

Subs:

L.Brown (Adel)
B.Smedts (Geel)

Midfielders:

S.Pendlebury (Coll) G.Ablett (GC) S.Thompson (Adel)
M.Barloe (Freo) S.Congilio (GWS) C.Wingard (PA)

Subs:

D.Sheil (GWS)
J.Macdonald (GWS)

Rucks

S.Mumford (Syd) B.McEnvoy (St K)

Subs:

J.Giles (GWS)
O.Stepphansen (Geel)

Forwards:

P.Chapman (Geel) A.Goodes (SYD) S.Sidebottom (Coll)
N.Riewoldt (St K) J.Porplyzia (Adel) N.Haynes (GWS)
D.Zorko (Bris)

Subs:

D.Pffeifer (PA)
A.Saad (St K)

$1400k left in the bank possible changes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back