Thoughts on Your Teams Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Very Happy with the Pies 2 Picks and Other 2 not much info on.

18 Brodie Grundy - For me that is the Perfect Selection for us after we Lost Dawes,Wood and Ceglar. Play Ruck who can go Forward and Kick Goals in the Forward Line

19: Ben Kennedy - Very Nice Pick Up and Him and Brodie are Best Mates so Go Home Factor be less. Can Play as a Small Forward who can do some time in the Midfield. Also Once he Builds Up his Engine can play as a Rover/Extractor(Inside Mid who can Play Outside Mid as well) like he did in the U-18 Champs

20: Tom Broomhead- Don't know heaps about him but sounds like he has some Speed that we need and Uses the Ball well. Play as a Outside Mid/Wingman

39: Jack Ramsey - Sounds like a Replacement too Ben Johnson as a running Defender

Your Thoughts on your Teams Draft?

Stoked with Stringer. Beside myself with happiness. Very happy with Macrae and Hrovat too, as well as Hunter. Never heard of Prudden, but overall, very, very happy.

I was hoping to inject more ready to go experience, but that aside, I thought we diid pretty well.

We effectively brought in 3 x 1st round picks on to the list for a rookie (Pederson/Gysberts), 15 (Garner) and 37 (Jacobs), picked up a fringe 1st rounder with pick 41 (Wood) and added a back up ruckman (Currie).

Mitchell Wilkins is a mystery pick and I was happy to add Hine at 61.

Very happy with Grundy and Kennedy, Broomhead was a bit from left field but i'm more than happy to back hine's judgment there, would have liked to roll the dice on Garlett at 80 but there's obviously a bit more to him than we know about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Gregory pick-up.

Love the tennis theme going with our picks over the last two years. Whether that is a coincidence, not sure.

Kavanagh last year was a top tennis player, as is the big lad in Sean Gregory. You beaut!

I can't believe our three picks slid!!!!! :p

Don't know much about any of them. First reactions aren't great, but with our picks and my lack of knowledge I would have only really been happy if we'd got a KPD or someone down high in a phantom. Last time I had this feeling was 2010 when we had that shit draft with Sheppard, Stevens and Weedon.

Luckily our recruiters know more than me.

Collingwood, Carlton, Sydney, Dogs have done very well on the surface. Haven't studied every pick in detail yet.

Really love the Dees efforts - top 6 picks in Viney and Toumpas, plus secured a 2013 likely top 5 pick in Hogan. Dean Kent looks very likely.

But, we'll know more in 5-7 years.

port gets a top line mid.

shaw could be a make or break prospect but if he makes it will be gold. worth that kinda shot at pick 30.

wrapped to get clurey at 29 also.

still areas port need to address with footskills and run and carry being ports biggest areas of weakness but with this draft we have made our team stronger and thats a win. hopefully port can pull something good out of psd/ rookie drafts. i agree your clubs did well, now to make room for those unexpected talents you picked up and delist some players? ryan griffen will do thanks ;)

Love the tennis theme going with our picks over the last two years. Whether that is a coincidence, not sure.

Kavanagh last year was a top tennis player, as is the big lad in Sean Gregory. You beaut!

And you were right into Dickson who, coincidentally, was a gun tennis player.

Really rapt with Grundy and Kennedy. Would of preferred Tim O'Brien at pick 20 instead of Broomhead but i acknowledge that he wasn't going to make it to pick 38 so we had to 'reach'. Both Broomhead and Ramsay fill position of needs being small defenders (and we need two after failing to replace Leon Davis and Ben Johnson a season away from retirement) so i can't complain too much.

I think the club needs to draft a key position forward with its psd pick or first rookie draft pick.
Would of liked to father son James Stewart as a 3rd rounder in hindsight.

Continued on with our theme of drafting tall, quick players. Pretty happy to get Membrey at 46, don't really know anything about the others.

Have been told by a Cannons squad member McBean will turn out nicely. Keep the faith

Just brings back nightmares of another 203cm super athletic tall we picked up who wasn't really a ruck rather a "utility" in Dean Putt.

These types seem to very rarely work out but I guess we will see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back