Opinion Who DON'T you want your team to draft? 2022 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Only thing I think that seperates Phillipou I think is his hands- just one clunk. He will find a place at the next level IMO.

However, I think he more likely ends up like Darcy Fogarty type than a Bontempelli. But then again, there are only very few with his ability. I hope he proves me wrong, even if he ends up at another club.

Not turning 18 for another 2 months is also another factor, next year is almost a free hit given he’d be in the 2023 class if he was 5 days younger.

Won’t come into calculations at Collingwood but I don’t think Mackenzie should go top 10
I’ve seen his kicking skills talked up, but he loops it far too much and AFL defenders are going to swallow up a lot of his passes.

His movement around contests is good, but otherwise he’s a bit meh for mine.

Outside of a few good prospects at the very top end there are some big question marks on a lot of projected first round picks and I can see a lot of future busts in this pool.

Ricky Ponting Cricket style.

9mxpkgy822qz.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to find a guy who's only ever played one position, and draft him to play a different position. Maybe late draft or rookie, but I really don't want to use pick 21 on a defender and turn him into a wing, when we could just draft a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back