Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers swansfan51.

So Pyke basically has good job security? I think there are quite a few teams playing with tall forward lines these days so you guys might be able to pull it off.

Tippett playing almost as a permanent forward would help with your forward structure and give you another decent target up forward. Just as long as Pyke is playing, I'll be happy. Seems to have been in some ripping form the last 12-18 months.
Pyke is in significantly better form than Reid, and slightly better form than Mumford, so I'd say he is very safe. I am horrifically biased (see left) however this is a pretty fair assessment of his form.

Tippett is in significantly better form than Reid, and slightly better form than Mumford, so I'd say he is very safe. I am horrifically biased (see left) however this is a pretty fair assessment of his form.

Haha. Hard not to like him though - don't think many neutrals would say a bad word about him and he is one of the most improved players in the comp.

gday guys. I missed the game on Sat night, did Adam goodes role change at all? just nociced he had alot more touches. Looking at him in a supercoach draft league but his average only 80, would want it to be approx 90ppg from this point onwards. Is his form starting to improve? Many thanks

gday guys. I missed the game on Sat night, did Adam goodes role change at all? just nociced he had alot more touches. Looking at him in a supercoach draft league but his average only 80, would want it to be approx 90ppg from this point onwards. Is his form starting to improve? Many thanks
yes, he spent significant time on the ball for the first time this year. He is coming into form now after a slow start to the season. I think there is every chance he averages better than 90ppg from here on in.

Do you guys think that Adam Goodes will be playing more of a midfield role from here on out, especially considering that Tippett will be back soon?
I think we all hope so, he is dominant there. Up forward he's only very good.

hey guys,
how long do u reckon until tom Mitchell gets a chance been hearing he will be a gun for the last year

Big fan of Mitchell always have been, looking forward to seeing him play

Would you anticipate him holding his spot? im on the verge of bringing in Hutchings which i'm really not sure about but this could mean bring in hrovat and then bring in mitchell in a few weeks! cheers

Big fan of Mitchell always have been, looking forward to seeing him play

Would you anticipate him holding his spot? im on the verge of bringing in Hutchings which i'm really not sure about but this could mean bring in hrovat and then bring in mitchell in a few weeks! cheers
It depends on if he starts as sub or not. If he starts as sub he's a big chance to go out 1-2 weeks later, just as Lamb/Everitt/Morton did. If he plays the full game good luck dropping him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also wondering your thoughts on Mitchell's job security. Scoring wise he looks like an SC gun, but like many am wondering if he'll get enough games.

If he performs as well as he did in the 2nd and 3rd quarters then i don't see him having a problem keeping his spot in the 22. But the problem is, he might not quite have the engine to run out 4 qtrs of footy just yet (IIRC he tapered off in the 4th qtr after coming on in the 2nd). So there will be quite a few appearances with Mitchell starting as a sub or subbed off to begin with.

Finally have our own DT sl*t! Tom Mitchell absolute gun!

Brought him in this week for O'Meara as a bit of a gamble because I'm falling so far behind, and paid off spectacularly. As of our next game everyone will have him so needed a week of him as a unique!

So of course everyone's grabbing Mitchell, me included, but do you think I should have him as M8 or on the bench? Will he be able to average 90+ for the rest of the season is basically what i'm asking.

So of course everyone's grabbing Mitchell, me included, but do you think I should have him as M8 or on the bench? Will he be able to average 90+ for the rest of the season is basically what i'm asking.

Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back