Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Armstrong start with the vest? what are the chances??
I'm having the exact same dilemma. I wouldn't be surprised of Armstrong gets the vest but I think he's worth the risk. The vest will go to Rampe, Parker or him with Rampe probably being the most likely candidate. Also, a lot of swans players are underdone so I wouldn't be surprised if Everitt comes in and takes the vest.

In saying all this, I'm still worried he'll get the vest.

I'm having the exact same dilemma. I wouldn't be surprised of Armstrong gets the vest but I think he's worth the risk. The vest will go to Rampe, Parker or him with Rampe probably being the most likely candidate. Also, a lot of swans players are underdone so I wouldn't be surprised if Everitt comes in and takes the vest.

In saying all this, I'm still worried he'll get the vest.
haha now I'm even more confused. Cheers tho mate :)

Will armstrong continue to get the vest? or can you guys seem him eventually breaking into the starting 22? he did rack it up when he came into the ground, which he always seems to do.

Will armstrong continue to get the vest? or can you guys seem him eventually breaking into the starting 22? he did rack it up when he came into the ground, which he always seems to do.

I'd be skeptical. Despite Alex Johnson's injury opening up a place in our seven man defensive rotation, Armstrong doesn't play a role anything like Johnson. He can only take smalls and we already have Smith, Shaw, Malceski, Mattner to do those roles and they're all far better defensively so I can't see him pushing his way in right now, despite having a good pre-season.

If he stays in the side, he'll be more often than not starting with the vest on (if the rest of our defence stays fit).

Thoughts on Mumford this year? I'm worried slightly about Pyke taking some points and time in the ruck from him. Also seems to miss a few games each season.

Thoughts on Mumford this year? I'm worried slightly about Pyke taking some points and time in the ruck from him. Also seems to miss a few games each season.

All your queries on him are correct
He will do a 50/50 share with Pyke,and
He is injury prone

But that was when he was forced to do 70-75% ruck workload, now with less workload in the ruck, could be helpful in regards to injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant game last week but you can bet he will miss games as we will give him a game off... but if it's for dream team than you have has 44 trades this year so you can do the same.

Any chance of JPK getting more outside ball? I've got him in my DT, but he doesn't get enough marks (0 against GWS) and i'm not sure he can increase his DT average from last year.

I've got the same problem, SC dominant players (JPK, Dangerfield) really don't transfer to DT, but I'm sticking with him (have to burn a trade on Karnezis!:eek:) .

I've got the same problem, SC dominant players (JPK, Dangerfield) really don't transfer to DT, but I'm sticking with him (have to burn a trade on Karnezis!:eek:) .

Other way for me, got sick of JPK not hitting tons so went to libba for cash and his 120 ave

Nah I was talking about Libba.

Along with that 87 JPK got in DT he got around 150 for SC! Unbelievable difference in scoring.

My bad, but yeah libba been killing it. All the CP and tackles proved to me he is worth it.

All those clearance, CP and assists noises his score massively

I have Bird in my supercoach draft, thought he would be a handy depth player especially with his dual position status. Still happy to keep him despite his 12 last week (I have other worries **cough cough** sylvia), as from an outsiders point of view he's in your best side. But how do you guys see role his next few weeks? Will he continue to be the sub, or do you see him starting best 21?

Best of luck for the year guys. :thumbsu:

I have Bird in my supercoach draft, thought he would be a handy depth player especially with his dual position status. Still happy to keep him despite his 12 last week (I have other worries **cough cough** sylvia), as from an outsiders point of view he's in your best side. But how do you guys see role his next few weeks? Will he continue to be the sub, or do you see him starting best 21?

Best of luck for the year guys. :thumbsu:

He'll be best 21 for the most part. He will sub on here and there but he will get some big roles over the next few weeks and when he rests up forward he often kicks a goal or two.

He'll be best 21 for the most part. He will sub on here and there but he will get some big roles over the next few weeks and when he rests up forward he often kicks a goal or two.
Thanks for the quick response. :thumbsu: I had thought he was, but, watching a player as a neutral is always different to someone who follows the team closely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back