Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are talking school check your facts and you will see Skevs is the best performing school right across academic and sports in the APS over the last 5 years. If you are talking VAFA footy, fair call.
Not so sure about that BS. Got some authoritative independent evidence?

Skevs Amatuer history make them a B grade school here. And that's what matters on this site. Bloody chockers. Immune to showing heart. Obviously ok at doing it when kids studying. But need to step up and show us all a bit sooner rather than later. Very soft.

Skevs Amatuer history make them a B grade school here. And that's what matters on this site. Bloody chockers. Immune to showing heart. Obviously ok at doing it when kids studying. But need to step up and show us all a bit sooner rather than later. Very soft.
Re Skevs : They are called "Sporting Scholarships". If your prepared to give free or near free tuition
anyone can collect talent. Last two years of schooling, years 11 and 12 doesnt foster commaradary.
Finish schooling then back to where they came from, Hailb. a few years back can attest to that.
Sure there are exceptions, but Skevs isnt one of them and thats their problem.
HSC results? well thats probably for another site.

Re Skevs : They are called "Sporting Scholarships". If your prepared to give free or near free tuition
anyone can collect talent. Last two years of schooling, years 11 and 12 doesnt foster commaradary.
Finish schooling then back to where they came from, Hailb. a few years back can attest to that.
Sure there are exceptions, but Skevs isnt one of them and thats their problem.
HSC results? well thats probably for another site.
No sporting scholarships here, Cachia started grade 4, Libba and Wallis in prep...

Where's Youlike gone? Who does he follow?

What a stupid comment. Xavier are an also ran in the APS now, not a factor in anything, not even footy.
However Old Xavs Football Club are amazing, unbelievably well run and super strong.
In fact I have heard the VAFA are going to ask them not to field as many teams next year as they are too dominant, would be a first time this has happened I would suggest.

What a stupid comment. Xavier are an also ran in the APS now, not a factor in anything, not even footy.
However Old Xavs Football Club are amazing, unbelievably well run and super strong.
In fact I have heard the VAFA are going to ask them not to field as many teams next year as they are too dominant, would be a first time this has happened I would suggest.

Brian’s mail is not that far removed from the truth and seems loosely based to this 3rds /Club XVIII review that the VAFA are undertaking. I doubt they could force a club to shed teams but I believe the VAFA (and others) are seriously concerned that Old Xavs have stockpiled players who have found themselves entrenched in a 3rds competition. Many could and should be playing senior football elsewhere. As I understand it Xavs already have two 3rds teams and still have to roster players off each week while nearby clubs battle to fill a reserves team. I believe a few ex Xavs 3rds players found there way to Kew this year and look how they went. I’m sure some other clubs in that area, either school district or uni based could find spot in a 2.00pm game for a few of these blokes who have running around in a meaningless 3rds competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian, you have no idea, to say Xavs arent a force in APS footy anymore shows your ignorance.
They would have more boys playing footy in their 2nds, 3rds and under age teams than any other APS team. It stands to reason, a large % of these would be attracted to their Ammo team after school days are finished. Winning APS 1st 18 isnt everything, although I do agree its BIG.
Do you just think its a coincidence that their other Ammo teams win Flags???? ........I dont think so.

When you think Catholic Melbourne Private School. You think Xavier College. Has always been the case. StKevins has always been the poor little brother. Or poor little sister many think. Most wouldnt even know it was Catholic.

When you think Catholic Melbourne Private School. You think Xavier College. Has always been the case. StKevins has always been the poor little brother. Or poor little sister many think. Most wouldnt even know it was Catholic.

St Kevins did a market rersearch program some years back as to why and who etc. enrolled at the
College. The overwhelming reason was that there was a railway station on the school boundary.
Come to think of it, its probably the ONLY reason.

Is this the sort of topics we can look forward to during the offseason......Religion and VCE results??? Please tell me this is not the case??
On football related topic, a number of clubs are looking for a coach - any annoucements? Or, has anyone got any rumours of likely appointments??

Is this the sort of topics we can look forward to during the offseason......Religion and VCE results??? Please tell me this is not the case??
On football related topic, a number of clubs are looking for a coach - any annoucements? Or, has anyone got any rumours of likely appointments??

Internal coaching appointment at Black's, Dela couldn't land the fish they wanted and are now struggling with lack of quality applicants, Beauy to sign a big name who has been West and St Bern well who'd want a job there given what happened this year!

When I hear the words Xavier College I think theft, wheelie bins, drugs and assaults....oh yeah, and a cheating Essendon captain.

When I hear the words Xavier College I think theft, wheelie bins, drugs and assaults....oh yeah, and a cheating Essendon captain.

I love how you turn to your alias mr bob down when you need support Brian. Did you forget you admitted to him a while back. Skevvies always Xavs poor sis.

Internal coaching appointment at Black's, Dela couldn't land the fish they wanted and are now struggling with lack of quality applicants, Beauy to sign a big name who has been West and St Bern well who'd want a job there given what happened this year!

There seems to be a myth that I believe was perpetuated by another club that De La were chasing a particular coach. That person was neither approached nor applied. I’m led to they have a strong field, which includes one person who they apparently chased with some vigour. Will likely be announced next week I’m told.

Not sure what you mean about Blacks appointing from within. Same bloke going again I believe. Do you mean Blues?

And why wouldn’t you want to coach St Bernard’s. A plumb job I reckon. A strong club, a good list that underachieved this season, strong 19s and backing of big school and junior program. Could do a lot worse.

And what about the Grant Thomas to Beaumaris rumour which includes Milne, Blake and maybe another big name ex AFL player to play under him next season. Seems ridiculous but stranger things have happened. It is the silly season after all.

DG, no support needed, couldn't get in with Brian on the iPhone :)
Skevs waiting list of 22,000 compared to Xavs non waiting list tells me different.

Kempo is not coaching Blacks next year and I highly doubt Grant Thomas will be coaching Beauy, in fact I understand they have approached a person who coached in B Section this year whom is a local.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back