Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only because the bar has been set so low.

How has he performed across the entire AFL?

and let's reserve judgment on how he has performed until after the trade week?

Betts, Polec and a second round pick for minimal loss would be very good. A huge tick and a win for him

Betts and Polec will be OK

Betts alone - epic fail.
Stupidity.

In his only normal trade period (2011) he clearly performed better than any other list Manager. And the commentary around the time supported this.

You know budding superstar Crouch, Lynch for a pick in the late 30's, Johnson for Armstrong and change. And orchestrating ONE Cunston pick into Grigg, Jenkins and Kerridge.

Why is the state full of so many whiney, negative people? FFS we have just had a major trade win but some clowns won't let up

Stupidity.

In his only normal trade period (2011) he clearly performed better than any other list Manager. And the commentary around the time supported this.

You know budding superstar Crouch, Lynch for a pick in the late 30's, Johnson for Armstrong and change. And orchestrating ONE Cunston pick into Grigg, Jenkins and Kerridge.

Why is the state full of so many whiney, negative people? FFS we have just had a major trade win but some clowns won't let up

Sorry mate.

If he is so awesome, why are you trying so hard to convince us?

Actions speak louder than words and he will be judged on his actions over the next 2 weeks.

Crouch, Kerridge and Grigg were all taken in the draft. Under Rendell's watch.

And Brown, Jenkins, Lynch, and the pick we used to obtain Crouch were all gained from the trade table.

Rendell is not the infallible messiah many on this board still believe him to be; people still treat his post-draft interview ramblings as gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS this thread should now be positive and all about the acquisition of Betts

However the usual clowns find a way to hijack a thread take a positive outcome and turn the thread into another glass is half full discussion

I'm speechless
Come on.. when did Alex ever see the glass as being half full? It's permanently empty in his world.:(

This is nothing huge or groundbreaking but I thought I would share a story about Eddie and the type of bloke he is.

I mate of mine plays Masters Footy (35+) in metro Melbourne. One of his teammates owns a car yard and sold Eddie a car half way through the year. He then asked Eddie if he would come out to one of their training sessions.

In his own time Eddie came out to their training (which was about 50 min from where he lived), had a kick with the boys and then stayed around after to have a chat, answer questions and sign some autographs for their kids.

He even had a good laugh with them as they hung s**t on him all night about his shorts.

In my mates own words, "he was a top bloke" - and that's coming from a Collingwood supporter.

This is nothing huge or groundbreaking but I thought I would share a story about Eddie and the type of bloke he is.

I mate of mine plays Masters Footy (35+) in metro Melbourne. One of his teammates owns a car yard and sold Eddie a car half way through the year. He then asked Eddie if he would come out to one of their training sessions.

In his own time Eddie came out to their training (which was about 50 min from where he lived), had a kick with the boys and then stayed around after to have a chat, answer questions and sign some autographs for their kids.

He even had a good laugh with them as they hung s**t on him all night about his shorts.

In my mates own words, "he was a top bloke" - and that's coming from a Collingwood supporter.

That's the word I hear as well. Had his issues as a young fella (who hasn't?) but has settled down and become a solid citizen. Would have been more befitting of Sydney's "No dickhead" policy than a couple of their more recent recruits...

Got an amazing talent on your hands here guys.
All of us are sad to see him go, but we know why he has left.
Not because he didn't love Carlton or guys like Yaz, Robbo, Dangles & Jeffy.
He left simply because he wanted to be closer to family and an offer from the Crows to good to refuse.

BTW, is the No.19 available? I really have no idea.

Got an amazing talent on your hands here guys.
All of us are sad to see him go, but we know why he has left.
Not because he didn't love Carlton or guys like Yaz, Robbo, Dangles & Jeffy.
He left simply because he wanted to be closer to family and an offer from the Crows to good to refuse.

BTW, is the No.19 available? I really have no idea.

At the moment the number 19 is representative of the fans, the '19th man' so we don't assign it to a player. A bit cheesy, but I doubt they will change it next season.

Watching various clips on YouTube, one thing I am loving seeing is that he isn't afraid to defend up forward. A fair portion of his highlights are smothers and tackles when the opposition have the ball in defence and converting it into goals.

Perhaps another benefit of Eddie up forward is that we won't have to resign ourselves to the ball being easily cleared if the ball hits the ground in our forward 50.

I think David Noble has done nothing but show crows fans he knows what he is doing and is very good at it. I haven't seen him put a foot wrong. The interview today on 5AA was outstanding. He knows how to play the trade game and knows how to keep Adelaides cards close to his chest. Realistically we are going into David Nobles second trade period hamstrung and it would not surprise me if we saw us only end up with Eddie Betts at the end of it. Not Nobles fault we have nothing to work with. Every player is contracted who can get us some trade value so we virtually are going to struggle to get polec unless we convince him to go through to the psd. We can have high expectations for sure, but we should go into this realistic and not hold it against Noble if things don't pan out.

To HBF.....Yes that number is available to Eddie if he so wishes and Andrew Mcleods shorts will also be available once they have been let out;-)

Just on eddies impact on the squad I feel that Petrenko would be a huge beneficiary. He has always seemed on the verge of something special but seems to be stuck in 2nd gear, maybe a forward line with Betts and Pets could be his making?

Back