5th Test Australia vs England @ SCG 3rd - 7th January 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

du8yjuze.jpg

as a gay man I find this highly arousing, any more of this would be truly appreciated, cheers :thumbsu:
as a non gay man, i find this arousing, and would have no issue watching and even joining in

He needs to bat at 6. We need to find a #3.

If we haven't got someone who can make more runs than Watson is at #3 it's a pointless exercise replacing him there.

Besides which, Watson tends to make more runs at the top of the order than he does batting lower down - which is another reason why they bat him there.

Yet he's the first dropped in some people's eyes.

Add his bowling value and there's no way he should be dropped.

I think the issue other people have is because he's such a dick tease. He promises to be so much more. So many starts and then out the same way etc etc.... Overall his results are ok but people crave him to be so much more.

Why can't Carberry play a role such as Rogers just has for us? If you believe all the English commentators from this series he actually has a number of shots and is usually quite aggressive. I reckon seeing his opening partner and captain destroyed from the other end sapped every ounce of self belief out of him and he simply just fought to survive for fear of the ridicule he would have faced if he got out being aggressive

On the other hand the Poms already have Cook to play that role and Sri Lanka and India should be a good opportunity to get games into Root who they rate as the next big thing.

It depends if KP is scapegoated or not.

With Watson it's more about he suitability at number 3. The main arguments about Watto now are about where he should bat in the order and not his place in the side.

Correct. Watson is a certainty to be selected for Sth Africa - fitness providing - and it only makes sense replacing him at #3 if we have someone who can make more runs there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. Watson is a certainty to be selected for Sth Africa - fitness providing - and it only makes sense replacing him at #3 if we have someone who can make more runs there.

How would we know? we are in a Shield free zone - Big Bash is no indicator - Doolan has been picked as the next bat for last Test - there is no opportunity for him to do anything either way between now and then, so we must assume he's the reserve bat for the SA Tour. Rogers has proved that "limited" players have a role to play and I'm pretty sure they will be needed in South Africa as well. Ed Cowan is commentating through the middle of summer #just weird!

How would we know? we are in a Shield free zone - Big Bash is no indicator - Doolan has been picked as the next bat for last Test - there is no opportunity for him to do anything either way between now and then, so we must assume he's the reserve bat for the SA Tour. Rogers has proved that "limited" players have a role to play and I'm pretty sure they will be needed in South Africa as well. Ed Cowan is commentating through the middle of summer #just weird!
Are you expecting Bailey to be dropped wr?

Are you expecting Bailey to be dropped wr?

I think he'll go on the tour but realistically you can't stay in the team after 5 tests at his age and with a record like that. The Clarke Captaincy crisis seems to have dissapated thanks to; a) Lehmann, b) Winning and to a lesser extent c) Haddin. Thus the need to have George in the wings would only arise if Clarke's back goes on a major basis. You'd be reluctant to change a team that just won 5-0, but father time waits for no man. There are others doing the business in the Shield that may nose him out - I never write off young players - cricket is a game that you never stop learning and batsman get better with age. Nic Maddinson has it all but he only plays at one speed - Doolan I like the look of, Shaun Marsh - I wouldn't close the door on - the form domestic player across all formats this summer is Cameron White and he'd be my pick over George.

I think he'll go on the tour but realistically you can't stay in the team after 5 tests at his age and with a record like that. The Clarke Captaincy crisis seems to have dissapated thanks to; a) Lehmann, b) Winning and to a lesser extent c) Haddin. Thus the need to have George in the wings would only arise if Clarke's back goes on a major basis. You'd be reluctant to change a team that just won 5-0, but father time waits for no man. There are others doing the business in the Shield that may nose him out - I never write off young players - cricket is a game that you never stop learning and batsman get better with age. Nic Maddinson has it all but he only plays at one speed - Doolan I like the look of, Shaun Marsh - I wouldn't close the door on - the form domestic player across all formats this summer is Cameron White and he'd be my pick over George.

You don't like North?

You don't like North?

Mate - I loved him - and still do - but do we need a downhill skier in the current side? - because let's face facts it's boom or bust with Marcus and that's why he got dumped in the first place, because his no. of Test hundreds is more than or equal to every other player in the current team with the exception of Clarke.

Again you can use my own "maturity" comment back at me, but I think it would be unlikely. It does however prove my theory to an extent that cricket and batting takes a long time master and we have seen a generation of old school players really kicking on in their latter years as we merge into the new generation. Brad Hodge's stillness at the crease the other night was outstanding. If you are a student of the game then the learning and insights from Gilchrist, Ponting and Sir Viv are just pure gold. Just listen and soak up the pearls.......

Mate - I loved him - and still do - but do we need a downhill skier in the current side? - because let's face facts it's boom or bust with Marcus and that's why he got dumped in the first place, because his no. of Test hundreds is more than or equal to every other player in the current team with the exception of Clarke.

Again you can use my own "maturity" comment back at me, but I think it would be unlikely. It does however prove my theory to an extent that cricket and batting takes a long time master and we have seen a generation of old school players really kicking on in their latter years as we merge into the new generation. Brad Hodge's stillness at the crease the other night was outstanding. If you are a student of the game then the learning and insights from Gilchrist, Ponting and Sir Viv are just pure gold. Just listen and soak up the pearls.......

He got dumped because they didn't want to dump Ponting.

You just named Marsh and Maddinson as chances, they are downhill skiiers too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back