BREAKING: Bulldogs to Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on if it is built and when it is built would be good for the dogs in the short-term, however, might not be a great long-term deal if Docklands goes into AFL hands in the short-term.

North cocked up Ballarat when they didn't align with the Liberals before the state election in 2010.

I don't really know how I feel until it happens. It's 100% better than playing Canberra or Darwin even though he did get some small support from it. I would have thought I would like anywhere in the West so I dunno why I'm sitting back..

I guess I didn't expect it and thought we would play in Geelong like whispered awhile back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North melbourne supporters continue with the fallacy that the AFL has kicked them out of ballarat and installed us.

No, the AFL approved our move there after the city of ballarat decided North weren't their preferred way forward and liked our deal.

North melbourne supporters continue with the fallacy that the AFL has kicked them out of ballarat and installed us.

No, the AFL approved our move there after the city of ballarat decided North weren't their preferred way forward and liked our deal.
Did the City of Ballarat pass it through you first?

Personally I'm happy to stick with one 'venture' Hobart AND Ballarat was muddying the waters. We get much needed revenue from playing Hobart.

Good luck Bulldogs

Did the City of Ballarat pass it through you first?

The information at hand suggests we did the deal and the AFL signed off on it, as they would have to in any deal regarding eventual games being played elsewhere.

I was just putting it out there because some sections on the north board are claiming this is some sort of handout the AFL has given us. It's really just us doing business at the expense of North.

Is tis just another promise from one side of politics?
Except this time they will win.

Although when Danny boy has to pay for all his promises this might be one that magically vanishes from the list.

Do the people of Western Melbourne want footy games in Ballarat more than they want the East-West link?

When the AFL take over Etihad will the dogs really need to play games in Ballarat for commercial reasons? Probably not short term but long term they need the extra 10k members like Hawthorn have got from Tassie.

When the AFL take over Etihad will the dogs really need to play games in Ballarat for commercial reasons?

Probably not but when will the stadium be bought out? 2025 wasn't it? that's still a long way away

Probably not but when will the stadium be bought out? 2025 wasn't it? that's still a long way away
True. My main point is though is whether the dogs can make it in to a bulldog stranglehold. Just playing games there for the money probably wont be worth it because I can't see Ballarat being nearly as keen to shell out the dollars like Tassie has been.

I also wonder how many Ballarat people will change their allegiance or if it will just be enough to pack the stands with keen footy followers. It's the old saints zone isn't it? Now might be a good time to strike!

Nab challenge will be a decent starting point this year. Ridiculous the game isn't on TV, so unless it gets streamed by one of the clubs I'll see you there.

Surely this is smarter than dabbling in Alice Springs or Cairns. Not only is the travel time lesser and the advantage against interstate sides stronger, but if you've got a stadium built almost entirely for you and a long contract, you're not going to pack in and give it up and become a travelling circus of part-time second-town patronisation.

Ballarat is, what, an hour, 90 minutes on the train? People who go to Geelong for games will go to Ballarat for games. It'll have a bit of novelty at the start, and Ballarat's a footy town (unlike Cairns or Townsville or New Zealand and half of Canberra) and it probably has a higher rate of patronisation from its residents than towns in the NT.

It's a good move in my opinion and, even if just for my own selfish wants of having another ground to go check out, I'm all for it. What do the Bullies have to lose? The AFL are never going to make them move there full-time. It'll eradicate one offs in other places. And the benefit of Bulldogs - Suns in Ballarat is much, much higher than Bulldogs - Suns at Etihad.

Get your hand off it, the AFL orchestrated this just like the orchestrate everything else.

They're obviously pushing North to Tassie.

Who's paying for the grandstand?

The heck are you talking about, nobody said anything like that in this thread til you came in with your usual ******ry.

It's good policy by the AFL.
Eventually North will be hosting 5 to 6 games in Hobart.
Bulldogs the same in Ballarat.
Hawthorn will get their games in Tasmania.
It makes the squeeze in Melbourne less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back