Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not getting ahead of ourselves down at the nest. We got plenty of work to do. Should have won by alot more on the weekend. Bad kicking in front of the sticks. Controlled the game. Sandown will be alot better than what people think once they gel together. Got some good kids running around...

Not getting ahead of ourselves down at the nest. We got plenty of work to do. Should have won by alot more on the weekend. Bad kicking in front of the sticks. Controlled the game. Sandown will be alot better than what people think once they gel together. Got some good kids running around...

Think you might be forgetting how many sandown apparently had out.

ASHWOOD
MOUNT
CPL
MOORABBIN
BLACK ROCK

lock it in now.....

Southern dragons had a few handy players, a handy midfielder number 48 or something like that. Also had a tall skinny bloke at chf who could take a mark. Bald guy across half back got plenty of it in the first half but dropped off in the second half. We were pretty flat in the first half and were second to the ball, found a little bit in the second half and ended up running away with it, got a few boys to come back in next week hopefully can give mount a good game looking forward to it. I think dragons will be there abouts later in the year maybe pushing for a spot in finals if they get a few more players back in. Although, it was a bit disappointing to have nobody from the dragons hang around after the game for awards and a chat.

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves. It's round one and it's a long season anything could happen,injuries, new players etc wait till round 5 or 6 and then see where teams sit.

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves. It's round one and it's a long season anything could happen,injuries, new players etc wait till round 5 or 6 and then see where teams sit.

Can only judge on what we have seen, easy to say "to wait".....

Round 1 is a good guage to see how well teams prepared and gelled in the pre-season. Not directed at anyone here - allot of other comps blokes are claiming for certain teams to "have it in the bag". After one hit out - extremely rich call.

Crazy how is just 3 years they don't have any of their premiership players still there based on last weeks list. With him and a few of their other keys premiership players I think they would be capable of giving these top teams a real test. Anyone else see them in the finals that year? A real exciting brand of footy!!

Just heard rumours that apparently yap is injured out for the whole season. Can anyone from the dragons confirm this?

I also wonder if the SFL is making their former 'golden child' southern dragons pay their outstanding administration debts??? At start apparently they were given A FREE RIDE (they we're supposed to be the multi-cultural of the future) but after winning the flag & going to division 2, & paying players etc they failed badly & heading to the VAFA WITH BIG MONEY OWED....... Another under the table deal for the SFL? Shocked dragons were allowed back in

I also wonder if the SFL is making their former 'golden child' southern dragons pay their outstanding administration debts??? At start apparently they were given A FREE RIDE (they we're supposed to be the multi-cultural of the future) but after winning the flag & going to division 2, & paying players etc they failed badly & heading to the VAFA WITH BIG MONEY OWED....... Another under the table deal for the SFL? Shocked dragons were allowed back in

I don't think they ever paid players whilst in Div 2. Yap may have been the only one worthy anyway.

I'm told the decision to go to the Ammos was influenced by the coach at the time. Should never have left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they ever paid players whilst in Div 2. Yap may have been the only one worthy anyway.

I'm told the decision to go to the Ammos was influenced by the coach at the time. Should never have left

100% paid players. Their coach (with strong ties to amateur clubs) brought across players on $$$ . FACT

dont know how it will stay afloat really, gotta agree with the bloke before to. Dragons never hang around at clubs.....

Let's see how they go without SFL handouts ;)

To be fair to the Dragons....I know for a fact that the SFL were offering new clubs no affiliation & yearly fees for their first season- back a few years ago- then when the clubs agreed to join the SFL they started billing them...very very shonky

I also know that the Dragons were not the only club disappointed when those bills came in and discussed moving to other leagues

Gee you need to question blokes character who play or are still on a list for first game, team gets beat and then walk out the door to leave the mess to others who work their butts off over pre season. I reckon these guys must struggle for mates and have any sense of commitment. Not much spine i reckon.

the Dragons are like your wife....
She was fun at the start :)
Got a few wins & even went all the way!
Now she's used & abused & nobody wants to get on board

Ahh but serously , good luck dragons in 2015

Gee you need to question blokes character who play or are still on a list for first game, team gets beat and then walk out the door to leave the mess to others who work their butts off over pre season. I reckon these guys must struggle for mates and have any sense of commitment. Not much spine i reckon.

Who are you referring too?

Didn't see the games on the weekend but was quite surprised by the Ashwood/ Mount result.
Have mount recruited well?
Are Ashwood a classic case of over promise, under deliver
Is the comp that even that 5-6 teams could win it?

Didn't see the games on the weekend but was quite surprised by the Ashwood/ Mount result.

I'd be shocked if CPL don't win the whole thing- have seemed a class above for the last couple of years....

Mount are a proud side & lead by a champion so no surprise. Ashwood would still be feeling/getting used to Rossborough & it'll be interesting to see how quick they come together. Predictions for the weekend?

Provided the opposition crowd don't start a brawl at half time of the grand final!! ;););)

Anyone from Hallam care to comment on the game?
Or their influx of players this week?
Are we re-naming St.Francis/ Hallam?

I think mount should be favourites they have not lost that much and were the best team last year, I'd argue they have lost less than cpl ? I think moorabin will be right up there too.... Not sure what to make of black rock? Looked like they did it pretty easy against sy

Back