Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think mount should be favourites they have not lost that much and were the best team last year, I'd argue they have lost less than cpl ? I think moorabin will be right up there too.... Not sure what to make of black rock? Looked like they did it pretty easy against sy

Mount have lost Gough & Stacey

Not saying they won't still be good- but that is a league B & F and a league leading goalkicker to replace...if they can do that successfully, they deserve to win the whole thing

Last year it seemed that there were 2 sides (CPL & Mount) much better than everyone else. This year it might just be that there isn't much between most of the sides, which would be a great thing for the comp

They lost the league BNF and the league leading goal kicker.
That's a lot to lose!
That being said Mt have been up there for close to 10years.
Another runners up
Medal coming their way in September??

Mount still have wilkin, beercroft ect they are still going to be up there... Who have cpl lost? Dalton? Bertrand? Lucas? Gough is a big loss for mount but Stacey although a good player is far easier to replace they would be far worse off losing wilkin and beercroft than Stacey and another mid IMO .

They lost the league BNF and the league leading goal kicker.
That's a lot to lose!
That being said Mt have been up there for close to 10years.
Another runners up
Medal coming their way in September??

Okay reading a lot of this now... The Mount boys will be fine without me and big joff, don't worry about that. They have recruited well from all accounts and won't be far off last year! They haven't missed a finals campaign in I would say pushing 10 years?? This year won't be any different, they played in 2-3 back to back GF's before myself and joff were even at the club, the goals will come from other avenues! Nothing will change, it's a good club run by good people and with Jaz running around they are never going to be far off anyone.

Okay reading a lot of this now... The Mount boys will be fine without me and big joff, don't worry about that. They have recruited well from all accounts and won't be far off last year! They haven't missed a finals campaign in I would say pushing 10 years?? This year won't be any different, they played in 2-3 back to back GF's before myself and joff were even at the club, the goals will come from other avenues! Nothing will change, it's a good club run by good people and with Jaz running around they are never going to be far off anyone.

Think the league is as even as ever. The jets ran mount to within a couple of kicks both times they played them. CPL and Mount were evenly matched. Ashwood and Sandown knocked off Top 6 sides on the way home. I just think the bottom half is very weak and the top is anyones guess.

Only thing i can agree on is its not the same without Choc and Willo having it out on here. Where are they now?

I don't think they ever paid players whilst in Div 2. Yap may have been the only one worthy anyway.

I'm told the decision to go to the Ammos was influenced by the coach at the time. Should never have left

yes yap is their heart and soul and their best player but they had a handful of players who would have been worthy of some cash at other clubs after seeing some other mediocre players attracting coin. From reports yap refused coin at other clubs to play with his mates at the dragons. True sign of a champion!

Agree they should never have left but to compare them to my wife is a bit harsh...
the Dragons are like your wife....
She was fun at the start :)
Got a few wins & even went all the way!
Now she's used & abused & nobody wants to get on board

Ahh but serously , good luck dragons in 2015

Just jumped on after a while. Not sure where all the hate re the Dragons is coming from - even if it’s largely coming from three trolls with 3-5 posts to their name. Like most clubs, we do a few things right and can improve in other areas. We always note and appreciate constructive feedback, but to say we can’t hang onto mates or lack a spine cos we weren’t able to ‘hold onto’ our 2011 premiership side (in 2015!) is downright stupid. And it’s only Round 1 fellas – get a grip. If 6 of our senior players (including both co-captains) attended a close mate’s wedding last Saturday, then I think they have every right to do so!! And yes, Yappa will always be a Dragon brother – whether it be on or off-field.

Let’s reconvene closer to mid-season to give ladder predictions or completely ruling certain teams out of finals contention. Otherwise if you have that much time on your hands, go back to the ladder predictions in March/April every other year and match them with the corresponding GF results.

And can everyone please not get sucked in by DaHawkEye trying to derail this forum. Don’t know what his agenda is but he is not a recognised member of our footy club. To everyone else, this is a SFL D3 forum, not a Dragons forum, so let’s move on and discuss more exciting issues!

This will be my last post on this.

Wishing every club and committee well this year. Great diversity of clubs, players and team styles – we’re set for a cracking year. This is what local footy is all about. Peace out.

Just jumped on after a while. Not sure where all the hate re the Dragons is coming from - even if it’s largely coming from three trolls with 3-5 posts to their name. Like most clubs, we do a few things right and can improve in other areas. We always note and appreciate constructive feedback, but to say we can’t hang onto mates or lack a spine cos we weren’t able to ‘hold onto’ our 2011 premiership side (in 2015!) is downright stupid. And it’s only Round 1 fellas – get a grip. If 6 of our senior players (including both co-captains) attended a close mate’s wedding last Saturday, then I think they have every right to do so!! And yes, Yappa will always be a Dragon brother – whether it be on or off-field.

Let’s reconvene closer to mid-season to give ladder predictions or completely ruling certain teams out of finals contention. Otherwise if you have that much time on your hands, go back to the ladder predictions in March/April every other year and match them with the corresponding GF results.

And can everyone please not get sucked in by DaHawkEye trying to derail this forum. Don’t know what his agenda is but he is not a recognised member of our footy club. To everyone else, this is a SFL D3 forum, not a Dragons forum, so let’s move on and discuss more exciting issues!

This will be my last post on this.

Wishing every club and committee well this year. Great diversity of clubs, players and team styles – we’re set for a cracking year. This is what local footy is all about. Peace out.

Sainterrr i am just a fan who has followed your club and jumped on the bandwagon since that prelim come from behind win against moorabin in 2011. Dont be mad at me just because i have a mancrush on yap. I would wife him over my wife if it meant he would destroy these other sfl keyboard warriors for hating on the dragons. Sainterrr please tell him to come back. I miss him! No homo

Sainterrr i am just a fan who has followed your club and jumped on the bandwagon since that prelim come from behind win against moorabin in 2011. Dont be mad at me just because i have a mancrush on yap. I would wife him over my wife if it meant he would destroy these other sfl keyboard warriors for hating on the dragons. Sainterrr please tell him to come back. I miss him! No homo

As if I'd hate on you for loving Yap - he's one of my top mates - just please be aware that this is a D3 forum and there are other clubs on here wanting to talk about other issues than Dragons' internal stuff. As I said above, he'll always be at the heart of our club, whether it be on or off field. OK, let's move on pal - thanks in advance.

Selections for this week:
Black Rock by 55 points
Lyndale by 23 points
Moorabbin by 15 points
Ashwood by 80 points
CPL by 25 points
E Hills by 5 points

Remember due kickers aren't 5hit kickers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selections for this week:
Black Rock by 55 points
Lyndale by 23 points
Moorabbin by 15 points
Ashwood by 80 points
CPL by 25 points
E Hills by 5 points

Remember due kickers aren't 5hit kickers.

Predictions rnd 2

Black rock 67
Dragons 12
Mount by 5
Ashwood by 105
CPL by 48
E/Hills by 32

Round 2

South Yarra v Endeavour Hills - 15pts
Dandenong v Black Rock - 36pts
Hallam v Ashwood - 88pts
Dragons v Lyndale - 39pts
Mt Waverley v Moorabbin - 12pts
Carrum v Sandown - 45pts

Heard CPL have a few out this week...

Don't be surprised if the Cobras cause an upset today...

The kangas by a point over a very undermanned Mount Waverley, great game to watch. Wilkin at his best but couldn't get the boys over the line. Says more about Mount than moorabbin, I barely recognized the Mount Waverley side. Heard they had 8-10 players out?

Good to see the Hills get up too, hopefully they can keep up the form this time... I remember a similar start last year before fading away.

BR seemed to have just built on last year, I'm calling a CPL v Black Rock GF at this stage.

After 2 rounds. My prediction for end of season

Mount Waverley
Black Rock
Moorabbin
CPL
Ashwood

Lyndale
Endeavour Hills
South Yarra
Sandown
Dandenong
Dragons
Hallam

I think there will be a tight, interesting season.

Haha very undermanned mount side, says more about them than moorabbin. Good on ya pal just take the loss as it was. We had 1 on bench in the end and many injured on the field. Wilkin is a freak who was a magnet to the ball and mount have many good recruits who cover their losses. Keep the year rolling and keep the criticism coming!

So a team picks up a few new players and they have opened up the cheque book? Please
I think the key reason why BR have started well this year is due to them not playing anyone decent. Let's not get carried away with their results. I highly doubt Mount had 8-10 players missing from their starting 18. All sides have 2-3 but not 10. Is so name who was missing!!!

Didn't get to see any of the Ashwood v Hallam game as I thought it would be a waste of time but the result was a lot closer than i thought it would be. Did anyone watch the game?

Back