Universal Love Brown signs on for 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

2 doesn't even get him to RFA does it?
manager may be banking on (or knowing) that free agency eligibility will be reduced so timing his next deal with when he expects him to be eligible?

Or maybe Brown feels his game is on the rise so 2 years is a comfortable term that allows him to negotiate from a stronger position after 2 years of further development.

Id suggest bit of both of these factors at play

Like this. It just further reinforces that AFC has turned a corner after all the years of doom and gloom. Perhaps the club will soon be in a position to been a destination club. Yes I know we will need to do better on the field first but their is a change in the air at the AFC.

Is anyone concerned that all of our signings are happening at once? And that something larger may have happened in the background?

Not really,

Considering we had from memory around 27 players coming out of contract this year.

If anything, after a slow start the pace of signings will probably continue like this for most of the next few months.

Probably still a dozen or so to be signed plus delistings.

How's that stay in the article. Conceded only 7 goals since 2012! That's f****** unbelievable. AA nomination this year?
may need to have another read!

7 goals in 12 games this year i believe was the stat (although we are yet to play 12 games this year I'm sure that was just lazy journalism not factoring in the bye)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently he is, yes, in the last 12 games, but it could be argued that Brown has been consistent for longer.

Not saying Laird didn't deserve his contract, he definitely did, I just thought Brown would be getting around the same. :)
Nah, they play different roles. Laird more creative, Brown lock down.

How's that stay in the article. Conceded only 7 goals since 2012! That's f****** unbelievable. AA nomination this year?

may need to have another read!

7 goals in 12 games this year i believe was the stat (although we are yet to play 12 games this year I'm sure that was just lazy journalism not factoring in the bye)

I believe that be some lazy readin'

Brown, 22, is a key part of Adelaide’s young backline. He routinely stands the best small forwards in the competition and has conceded only seven goals to his direct opponents in 11 games this season.

Recruited from SANFL club Norwood as part of a trade with Greater Western Sydney in 2011, Brown has played 57 AFL games including the past 44 in succession. He hasn’t missed a match since Round 11, 2013.

Currently he is, yes, in the last 12 games, but it could be argued that Brown has been consistent for longer.

Not saying Laird didn't deserve his contract, he definitely did, I just thought Brown would be getting around the same. :)
Lairds first season was better than Browns, Lairds second was as good as Browns and his third is a level above Browns. Laird is pushing for an AA spot, Brown isnt.
Laird will be getting paid more than Brown.

Brown, 22, is a key part of Adelaide’s young backline. He routinely stands the best small forwards in the competition and has conceded only seven goals to his direct opponents in 11 games this season.

Recruited from SANFL club Norwood as part of a trade with Greater Western Sydney in 2011, Brown has played 57 AFL games including the past 44 in succession. He hasn’t missed a match since Round 11, 2013.
far enough, i read it this morning and knew it was a goals this season quote, jus assumed that the "since 2012" was a misreading of them possibly saying 12 instead on 11. In that case, not sure where the Barneythecrab got his mistake from!

So tell me how many goals has Laird had kicked on him vs Brown?

This is an opinion based on simply watching the last 3 years. Brown is very very good in a 1 on 1 contest even against the best small forwards. Rarely loses them.

I think Laird is good, but have seen him struggle 1 on 1 more often.

If Laird played the amount of time on the best small forward like Brown does, then we could compare goals against.

Haha my bad. I was gonna say that would have been a record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back