What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

#StandByHird - Essendon wanted to keep Hird so they're only getting what they deserve.

However looking at this objectively putting any hatred for Hird aside what can Hird achieve for this club is the main question to ask.

He's been with Essendon for five seasons and the club hasn't improved in any areas on and off the field since they sacked Knights. Essendon has very little kids and need a rebuild but is Hird the man to take them through that rebuild and what happens if WADA finds their players guilty.

I honestly think they need a fresh start with new people in charge not only in a coaching capacity but also in a board capacity. Hird should be sacked sooner rather than later but does Little and the board have the guts to dismiss him?

Before or after the WADA decision?

Before they can standbyhird ; after, pending on CAS outcome and subsequent penalties not sure on the merits of staying in Victoria, AFL will take the keys.?

#standbyhird

Things change very quickly in football.
New coach, a few retirees and some decent picks, sure there will be pain for the next 5-10 years but its not the end of the world. There are clubs out there that havnt seen a flag in 30 plus years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not know how hird still has this job. He must have some incredible stuff on people at essendon.

Should have been fired years ago. Now they have no choice. The players look disinterested and nothing he says can interest them.

If it is a wada hangover, then i suspect the players are blaming hird for their predicament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back