Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schoey last?? Boo! There must be half a dozen West Coast players worse than him ;)
Yep they are clueless....but it is all rather insignificant as many have already stated.

If buts and maybes, will all be history once the final siren sounds and the cup is presented.

PLAY YOUR ROLE.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Obviously hoping we win but unlike v the Sydney extra salary cappers and Fremantle anti football i wouldn't be as upset losing to west coast. Anyone else getting annoyed by ex Brisbane players and coach trying to compare with Hawthorn, apples and oranges with their extra salary cap advantage.

Birchall at 31? They really are a pack of raving lunatics in at the HS, he is one of our most important players, shut him down and you go a long way to shutting Hawthorn down.

I really don't know how some of these guys have a job.
I do......by just taking a stab at the truth.....and then making the rest up as they go.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

One thing I think that will work in our favour is grand finals experience. Nearly all our players have played in GFs before, some in several and some are multiple premiership winners. West Coast are a good team but no matter how much they try to 'keep a lid on it' they will be both excited and nervous about tomorrow having been out of the 8 last year and into the GF this year. Add in all the hype and carry on that goes with it (GF Parade etc.) and I am hoping it will put them off their game :D

Obviously hoping we win but unlike v the Sydney extra salary cappers and Fremantle anti football i wouldn't be as upset losing to west coast. Anyone else getting annoyed by ex Brisbane players and coach trying to compare with Hawthorn, apples and oranges with their extra salary cap advantage.

And let's not forget that there's still next year. Lions never made 5 grand finals in a row. Neither did the cats.

Obviously the 3-peat would put it to bed, but that doesn't make other GOAT records unattainable.

If Gunston plays, I bloody hope he kicks straight. He has a terrible record with his set shot kicking in GFs.

It's a real shame that Cegs didn't come on this year. We won the stoppages and centre square clearances in last year's GF and ultimately the game because Hale and Big Boy dominated Pyke and Tippett.

Nic Nat and Sinclair pose a much bigger threat and I worry that if we lose this battle our ability to score heavily from stoppages (one of our strengths) will be significantly impacted

You've never heard of Jon "Drink & Drive into a Pizza Shop" Anderson?

You've missed nothing.
Thanks for that..... did a little google search. He says it best himself; 'He wrote an article in the Herald Sun about his experience in which he admitted "I am a bloody idiot'' '

There's far, FAR too much love and respect being given to The Weegs from many Hawks supporters i didnt think we were a happy hippy culture wishing the best for our opposition. I want us to smash those ferals.

Was in Perth last weekend for the prelim and inlaws bday and the rubbish i was hearing was making me cringe.....eagle is the superior larger bird etc. Make no mistake they are arrogant supporters and i for one will never hear the end of it.

We deserve this one more than them coz if we lose it will be 2 v 1 cups over last 4 years and theyve only just made their 1st. They can have theirs next year (hope not) after losing one.

On a side note, after losing the QF and with the Ratts tragedy combined with the loss of Bolts on eve of finals, i cant help but think Bolts wouldve lent a helping hand over the past 2-3 weeks considering our circumstances and situation with a few choice words to Clarko and sone if the players. Like to think so anyway.

Lastly, to me the sub is outta Pop and Doc. Im wondering if Doc can play Pops role or a variation of it, and if he can he may have more tricks to boot. Not sure we'd contemplate this change in a GF tho the question could be asked

Hawks by 35 go you good things!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We look top heavy, and a runner or two down.

Clarko has gone for body size vs. mobility. Hale, McAvoy, Lake and Shoe are not really matched to opponents who will be lacking for toe. Even Nic Nat is greased lightening.

It's going to be interesting to see what he has in mind, I really hope it comes off, and we win one more game. Don't care what comes after that, just want them to win this.

I hope I'm wrong, but there's shades of Brisbane in 2004, with a young, quick and hungry team coming into their prime facing off against the older battle worn opponent.

But on the right day, I know this team has one more big performance in them. I hope it's tomorrow.

We look top heavy, and a runner or two down.

Clarko has gone for body size vs. mobility. Hale, McAvoy, Lake and Shoe are not really matched to opponents who will be lacking for toe. Even Nic Nat is greased lightening.

It's going to be interesting to see what he has in mind, I really hope it comes off, and we win one more game. Don't care what comes after that, just want them to win this.

I hope I'm wrong, but there's shades of Brisbane in 2004, with a young, quick and hungry team coming into their prime facing off against the older battle worn opponent.

But on the right day, I know this team has one more big performance in them. I hope it's tomorrow.

Port were pretty old in 2004. They peaked in 2002-04 and dropped off pretty dramatically after that...

This has all the makings of 2008 just in reverse!

...even the bloody weather!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a go at you directly but what is it with Hawthorn bigfooty posters and their obsession with what the media has to say about us? Who cares if they thought Freo were a chance against us in 2013? (Most pundits still tipped us). Who cares if most thought Sydney would win last year? And who cares if most think we will this week?

It has no bearing on the result, and most journos would have no more insight or knowledge then your average bigfooty poster.

The vitriol towards King last year was ludicrous. All because he tipped Sydney to win and win easily.

Port were pretty old in 2004. They peaked in 2002-04 and dropped off pretty dramatically after that...

This has all the makings of 2008 just in reverse!

...even the bloody weather!
I have a similar feeling. I remember thinking we were a massive show when Geelong left out Wojcinski.
Tomorrow's fast track really is set up for Hartung to come on late and motor through traffic. I guess he'll still a chance until we hand in the team sheet but IMO we look top heavy unless Rough plays predominantly as a ruck-rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back