Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port were pretty old in 2004. They peaked in 2002-04 and dropped off pretty dramatically after that...

This has all the makings of 2008 just in reverse!

...even the bloody weather!
And I'll still go back to the fact that we know what it's like to lose one.

Geelong didn't have any players who were there in 1995.

West Coast have 3. Butler, Wellingham & Ellis.

We'll dig deeper because we have the experience.

Birchall at 31? They really are a pack of raving lunatics in at the HS, he is one of our most important players, shut him down and you go a long way to shutting Hawthorn down.

I really don't know how some of these guys have a job.
And if Nicnat is at 4 wouldn't his opponent in Bigboy be equally as important? :drunk:

What a ridiculous list.

I don't understand the significance of the sunglasses thing??

It speaks of the teams focus.

Notice how not one Hawks has sunnies on.

They haven't worn them once in GF parades over the years. $wans did last year, Freo did the year before.

Pagan used to say if you looked over to the other team and they have sunnies on, the game is yours.

Have we ever selected a tall as sub? Highly doubt Schoey will be. More likely a player like Suckling or Duryea who can come on with fresh legs, find a bit of ball (thinking more of Doc here) and can have an impact in the last quarter (or earlier if needed).

Would prefer to see Duryea get a full game but he is probably the most suited for it with Hartung being omitted.

We did early on but it didn't end well

There's far, FAR too much love and respect being given to The Weegs from many Hawks supporters i didnt think we were a happy hippy culture wishing the best for our opposition. I want us to smash those ferals.

Was in Perth last weekend for the prelim and inlaws bday and the rubbish i was hearing was making me cringe.....eagle is the superior larger bird etc. Make no mistake they are arrogant supporters and i for one will never hear the end of it.

We deserve this one more than them coz if we lose it will be 2 v 1 cups over last 4 years and theyve only just made their 1st. They can have theirs next year (hope not) after losing one.

On a side note, after losing the QF and with the Ratts tragedy combined with the loss of Bolts on eve of finals, i cant help but think Bolts wouldve lent a helping hand over the past 2-3 weeks considering our circumstances and situation with a few choice words to Clarko and sone if the players. Like to think so anyway.

Lastly, to me the sub is outta Pop and Doc. Im wondering if Doc can play Pops role or a variation of it, and if he can he may have more tricks to boot. Not sure we'd contemplate this change in a GF tho the question could be asked

Hawks by 35 go you good things!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I like what you suggest about Doc. It's much like Brown dropping into the forward line during 08 finals. Could do some damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port were pretty old in 2004. They peaked in 2002-04 and dropped off pretty dramatically after that...This has all the makings of 2008 just in reverse!
...even the bloody weather!

It's even less like 2008 - that year, we were in after playing a finals series in 2007. Geelong weren't on the cusp of a 3peat either.

Weagles didn't play finals last year, we're in the big dance for the fourth consecutive time.

Granted the weather is the same.

Geelong beat Port in the 2007 GF, you might remember? They tailed off after that. Teams that tail off don't make a GF.

If Gunston plays, I bloody hope he kicks straight. He has a terrible record with his set shot kicking in GFs.

It's a real shame that Cegs didn't come on this year. We won the stoppages and centre square clearances in last year's GF and ultimately the game because Hale and Big Boy dominated Pyke and Tippett.

Nic Nat and Sinclair pose a much bigger threat and I worry that if we lose this battle our ability to score heavily from stoppages (one of our strengths) will be significantly impacted

Gunston's ball drop has suffered significantly since he started wearing the glove. Assume he will have surgery on his finger in the off season.

Agree re Nic Nat. We need to dominate the stoppages when Sinclair is on the ball.

Expect Clarko and co will have a plan for Nic Nat as we did with Sandi in 2013.

It speaks of the teams focus.

Notice how not one Hawks has sunnies on.

They haven't worn them once in GF parades over the years. $wans did last year, Freo did the year before.

Pagan used to say if you looked over to the other team and they have sunnies on, the game is yours.
I think there is some science to this. Did you know that seeing eyes has significant effect on people? For example, there was an experiment where Donuts were delivered to corporate offices with a money box next to it for self serve and payment. It was discovered that having a picture of eyes next to the money box meant people actually paid versus not having the picture. In sports you need to show that you are not afraid of the opposition and face them with open eyes and hiding behind sunglasses says a lot. I hope that is the case here.

I definitely need to stop obsessing over every stat, omen, in/out etc of this game. The more I do, the more I focus on the WC strengths and forget about ours.

I have no idea what will unfold tomorrow, but I have enormous faith in the boys and the coaching staff.

GO HAWKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back