Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can only beat what's in front of you.

I think it's only fair to judge England after next years Euro's

The way they put San Marino to the sword was very impressive.

Every group has poor sides.

Yes the might of Switzerland, San Marino, Lithuania, Slovenia and Estonia. Truly the invincibles

No win is a guarantee, s**t sides don't actually go undefeated in qualifications for major international trophies.

Since Platini changed the way the Euros work, qualification's become a bit of a joke, you'd be more worried if you don't qualify with ease as one of the bigger nations. Yes we're looking at Netherlands

And safe to say when you just had your worst World Cup performance for more than 50 years you deserve the title of being s**t, and they have Hodgson as manager

You can only beat what's in front of you.

I think it's only fair to judge England after next years Euro's

Pretty much.

The England national side is doing alright and got some good young talent coming through. Only a fool would label them s**t.

Since Platini changed the way the Euros work, qualification's become a bit of a joke, you'd be more worried if you don't qualify with ease as one of the bigger nations. Yes we're looking at Netherlands

And safe to say when you just had your worst World Cup performance for more than 50 years you deserve the title of being s**t, and they have Hodgson as manager

So you would say Spain is s**t as well then I suppose?

Pretty much.

The England national side is doing alright and got some good young talent coming through. Only a fool would label them s**t.
England bashing is an Aussie pastime so it's nothing to get riled about.

I like the way we are progressing although we were horrendous against Spain recently

Only a fool would label them s**t.

Well the whole fool thing's very subjective, but if we're gonna go that far then I'd say anyone who ignores their World Cup performances with majority of the same young players and pump them up coz they're going alright in an intentionally dumped down qualification process is pretty damn foolish

So you would say Spain is s**t as well then I suppose?

They were woeful in the World Cup and have been on the decline actually

Well the whole fool thing's very subjective, but if we're gonna go that far then I'd say anyone who ignores their World Cup performances with majority of the same young players and pump them up coz they're going alright in an intentionally dumped down qualification process is pretty damn foolish

That could also be correct, good thing I didn't do that. :thumbsu:

England bashing is an Aussie pastime so it's nothing to get riled about.

I like the way we are progressing although we were horrendous against Spain recently

Not riled at all, thought it was a poor assessment of the current English side, they certainly aren't amazing but they are far from being s**t.

I pay a lot of attention to them and I'm a long time suffering English born fan.

Hmmm, zero self awareness as usual

Don't recall pumping them up but as usual feel free to interpret my clearly written words anyway you want. :$

I think England played alright in the World Cup - we were slightly unlucky in those matches against Italy and Uruguay.

Anyway as I say, objectivity, England and Aussies do not mix

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't recall pumping them up but as usual feel free to interpret my clearly written words anyway you want. :$

I dunno how you'd like to define "pumping them up" to suit yourself but to say they aren't s**t coz look they're undefeated against sides like San Marino while they just stunk the place up little more than 18 months ago in Brazil is kinda.... ya know

I dunno how you'd like to define "pumping them up" to suit yourself but to say they aren't s**t coz look they're undefeated against sides like San Marino while they just stunk the place up little more than 18 months ago in Brazil is kinda.... ya know

Who stunk the place up in Brazil 18 months ago?

Interpretation at its finest.

So your logic, Spain is s**t?

Stunk it up in Brazil and did worse than England in Euro qualification.

England, ya know, played basically one good half of football in all of 3 matches, defended like s**t and played like dead zombies in the big match against the Costa Ricans
I didn't watch the match against CR but it was a dead rubber for us anyway.

It's very harsh to say "we stunk the place out" in the other two games.

Anyway, I think we are improved side now so hoping for a better showing in France

Interpretation at its finest.

So your logic, Spain is s**t?

Stunk it up in Brazil and did worse than England in Euro qualification.

Spain is not what they used to be, an aging squad, but at least the past few touranment they've won some Cups if you might recall, so they deserve a bit of leniency

What has England ever done since a time when none of us were born? And they aren't improving

Not suggesting England is anywhere near as good as Germany, but to refer to Can as a German international and Alli as someone from League One is just another example of jod's selective analysis.

Spain is not what they used to be, an aging squad, but at least the past few years they've won some Cups if you might recall, so they deserve a bit of leniency

What has England ever done since a time when none of us were born
So you don't think Spain is s**t under the same reasons you have provided for England being s**t?

Ok.

Not suggesting England is anywhere near as good as Germany, but to refer to Can as a German international and Alli as someone from League One is just another example of jod's selective analysis.
He may have come from League one as recently as May but he has slotted into a good PL team seamlessly.

Jod has really let himself down in this thread.

Other Liverpool fans are now following suit

So you don't think Spain is s**t under the same reasons you have provided for England being s**t?

Ok.

If you're gonna go full derp, ignore blatant facts and be selective to suit whatever it is that you're trying to argue then be my guest

A nation with the resources England has, and have done nothing for 40 years, and just had their worst World Cup for more than 50 years, is not shite. And your only straw to clutch on is to compare them to Spain in some far fetched comparison. Good luck

Ok.
England can't really win when you are up against posters with giant chips on their shoulders. They win every game but are still "s**t". No benefit of the doubt even considered. God knows what would have been said if we lost a game or two in qualifying

Back