Training Pre-Season 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

When conca plays there is no doubt we play better as a team, he is not only an inside midfielder he also adds a bit of class and speed, his around the ground kicking is also quite impressive. Year of the hugger

Class and speed? Sorry to interrupt the love-fest, but Conca provides no more then an okay presence inside. IMHO he hasn't really been made to earn his spot, and it really shows with some of the performances he has served up...

I agree with your previous point that your top end talent is good, however years of mediocre drafting after the first an second round is really obvious when looking at Richmonds list. The fall of quality after your 7th or 8th player speaks for itself.

Class and speed? Sorry to interrupt the love-fest, but Conca provides no more then an okay presence inside. IMHO he hasn't really been made to earn his spot, and it really shows with some of the performances he has served up...

I agree with your previous point that your top end talent is good, however years of mediocre drafting after the first an second round is really obvious when looking at Richmonds list. The fall of quality after your 7th or 8th player speaks for itself.
I agree with the 1st paragraph.
You need to rewrite the 2nd as it lacks any reality or shown any sign of thought.

Coming from a member of a club which is still relying on old and washed up players. I actually enjoy listening to North supporters saying they think they will be a top 4 team/premiership contender for the 2016 season. It is quite laughable to be honest, I think with the current team you have you will be a top 8 side for the next couple years and then you will fall off the face of the earth where you and your 10 members belong.

There are no problems with our top end talent, for us to get any better we need a lift from the likes of Conca, Lennon, Astbury, Batch, B.Ellis. I don't really see how Chaplin, Lambert, Morris or those likes playing games this year helps our cause in any way.
Lambert is killing it fitness wise and it's only his second preseason. He will get better, plenty to work with.

Chaplin has his roles and needs to phased out.

Morris had a role, but Yarran plays for us now.

Yawn. For a list thats so poor apparently im surprised we led you in the final for so long. Took your super experienced wise old list of guns to get on top. Go troll elsewhere

Coming from a member of a club which is still relying on old and washed up players. I actually enjoy listening to North supporters saying they think they will be a top 4 team/premiership contender for the 2016 season. It is quite laughable to be honest, I think with the current team you have you will be a top 8 side for the next couple years and then you will fall off the face of the earth where you and your 10 members belong.

Struggling to understand how North is relevant in a discussion re Richmonds preseason.. If anything North related should be discussed on this board, I'd probably suggest looking at the last game Richmond played, which provides some clear insights into the position of each list...

Sounds good man.

This all coming from a guy who supports a team that relies on a pensioner and one ruck to win their games, if either get injured you're royally screwed. I think that's the definition of having no depth. 5 of your top 8 players are 30+, pretty scary for you guys.

I know it's hard to admit we are in a better position than norf, but unfortunately for you it's reality. All our guns are young and have even more development. Most of your "guns" will be retired by the end of next year, if not end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggling to understand how North is relevant in a discussion re Richmonds preseason.. If anything North related should be discussed on this board, I'd probably suggest looking at the last game Richmond played, which provides some clear insights into the position of each list...
What were you expecting coming into this thread and informing all & sundry that our list is so shallow with talent

I don't mind opposition camps involving themselves in discussions on this board but the second paragraph was loaded to try and get some bites back. What's more it looks like it's working too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back