C Gore B Crouch Knight
HB Hendo O'Brien Mackay
B Kelly Dear Hampton

Hunter
Beech
Grigg

Inter - Otten, Shaw, Lowden
Emer - Doedee Greenwood Keath

As OB played at CHB during his Under 18's i thought Id slot him there and ruck with Hunter. Think Brouch may start in SANFL for some extra match fitness.

AFL Round One
F Betts Jenkins Milera
Hf Lynch Walker Cameron
C Atkins Sloane Douglas
HB Smith Talia Seeds
B Lever Harts Brown

Jacobs
Thompson
M Crouch

Inter - VB, Laird, Lyons, Cheney

Last edited:

Its interesting how for years forward line has been our achilles heel. Back when Tippett and Gunston left, Walker did his knee and Jenkins and Lynch were youngsters making their way, we struggled to kick goals. The Chief was our leading goal kicker with 32 or 33 goals and 10 of those came in a single game against the young GWS side.

Fast forward to 2016 and it's no doubt our strongest area with a lot of fire power. Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, Eddie, Menzel, Cameron. That is a fair bit of firepower inside 50.

Its interesting how for years forward line has been our achilles heel. Back when Tippett and Gunston left, Walker did his knee and Jenkins and Lynch were youngsters making their way, we struggled to kick goals. The Chief was our leading goal kicker with 32 or 33 goals and 10 of those came in a single game against the young GWS side.

Fast forward to 2016 and it's no doubt our strongest area with a lot of fire power. Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, Eddie, Menzel, Cameron. That is a fair bit of firepower inside 50.
Just imagine our backline develops in the same way too.

Good interview.

We had a coach last year (2 sadly) who hated answering questions about Danger. You sense Don is the same.

Updated with the captain

OK another go at our teams

SANFL Round One

F Menzel Ramsey Wigg
HF CEY McGovern Carey
C Gore B Crouch Knight
HB Hendo O'Brien Mackay
B Kelly Dear Hampton

Hunter
Beech
Grigg

Inter - Otten, Shaw, Lowden
Emer - Doedee Greenwood Keath

As OB played at CHB during his Under 18's i thought Id slot him there and ruck with Hunter. Think Brouch may start in SANFL for some extra match fitness.

AFL Round One
F Betts Jenkins Milera
Hf Lynch Walker Cameron
C Atkins Sloane Douglas
HB Smith Talia Seeds
B Lever Harts Brown

Jacobs
Thompson
M Crouch

Wigg, Dear and Carey at the wrong ends of the ground, and Carey would never play over someone who is actually on our list (Keath only possible exception).

Don't forget when picking the SANFL team that there will be min 1 Emergency player in AFL team as both games are on the same day and in different states, Need to select a 23 man squad for the AFL team

My second attempt. There is no way they wont play Carey. Thats like Port not playing Summerton. Wont happen. If everyone is fully fir they may manage players and give them rests. etc

SANFL Round One

F Menzel Dear Ramsey
HF CEY McGovern Gore
C Henderson B Crouch Wigg
HB Doedee O'Brien Carey
B Kelly Otten Hampton

Hunter
Beech
Grigg

Inter - Shaw, Lowden, Greenwood, Keath

AFL Round One
F Betts Jenkins Milera
Hf Lynch Walker Cameron
C Atkins Sloane Douglas
HB Smith Talia Seeds
B Lever Harts Brown

Jacobs
Thompson
M Crouch

Emergency Knight, Mackay

My second attempt. There is no way they wont play Carey. Thats like Port not playing Summerton. Wont happen. If everyone is fully fir they may manage players and give them rests. etc

Yeah, nah.

I was just thinking about this before I saw your post, won't happen. If we miraculously have a full list of fit and available players, then we should never play Carey or any of the other top ups ahead of a listed player, as it defeat the purpose of having reserves team.

Yeah, nah.

I was just thinking about this before I saw your post, won't happen. If we miraculously have a full list of fit and available players, then we should never play Carey or any of the other top ups ahead of a listed player, as it defeat the purpose of having reserves team.
Carey is the Captain of the SANFL side. Can't see them sitting him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.

I guess you can mark that up against the folly of selecting a top up as captain. Can't miss, he's the captain, the leader of the team, but it's madness playing him ahead of a fit listed player. Although that team had Keath in it, who we know will be doing a mini preseason and not playing in rnd 1 anywhere. So doubt it will be an issue.

:)

I guess you can mark that up against the folly of selecting a top up as captain. Can't miss, he's the captain, the leader of the team, but it's madness playing him ahead of a fit listed player. Although that team had Keath in it, who we know will be doing a mini preseason and not playing in rnd 1 anywhere. So doubt it will be an issue.

The original post had Doedee, Greenwood, and Keath listed as emergencies for the reserves with Carey in side, when I brought it up.
Highly unlikely the situation eventuates though.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/c8f88cde2ee8c04d7ffb94e3d52f5264

Troy Menzel can follow Eddie Betts’ blueprint at Adelaide Crows

STAR Adelaide forward Eddie Betts has backed fellow ex-Blue Troy Menzel to turn his career around much in the same manner as he did after crossing from Carlton.

Betts singled out Menzel and draftee Wayne Milera as two of the highlights of the pre-season and was confident Menzel would deliver on his enormous promise by locking down a spot in the forward line.

Menzel arrived at West Lakes with a question mark over his fitness and work ethic after he was dropped by Carlton last season and fell out of favour with the match committee.

But The Advertiser received a strong endorsement of his big-game abilities from former Blues skipper Chris Judd and Betts said he had built a platform for an exciting season over summer.

“I’m really hoping Troy Menzel will grab that forward spot,” Betts said.

“We’ve got a great forward line and it’s hard to break into.

“We’ve got some great players there.

“But I’d love to see Troy grab it by the scruff of the neck and play round one and cement his spot in the forward line

“He can play both midfield and in the forward line and playing for the Adelaide Crows, you have to have varied positions.

“For me, I go into the midfield a little bit.

“I guess the only the key position players stay in the one position — “Tex” (captain and key forward Taylor Walker) and (Daniel) Talia.

“Maybe Josh Jenkins, but he can play in the ruck as well.

“You’ve got to be very versatile if you want to play for the Adelaide Crows and play different positions.

“But it’s looking good.”

Betts could not have spoken more highly of Milera, in whose recruitment he played a small hand.

As the draft was getting closer, Betts had been adamant that if Milera was still around when the Crows had their pick, he was the man to go for.

All the signs have been that Betts’ first assessment of Milera was right.

“Wayne Milera, he’s fantastic,” Betts said.

“It’s been exciting and now we’re going to go in with a strong team (for the club’s last practice match).

“It should be good. We’re excited and ready for 2016.”

Imagine this forward line with our 05/06 mids/backs :cry:
Premiership.

That's why talk of not needing more quality mids is wrong, even if our mids come on adding more quality mids makes us even better.

Excellent forward line.

Very good defence which in a couple of years with Lever's development, will be excellent.

Excellent Ruck.

Good depth.

Mids, good not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back