2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

who are those teams?
That is the $64 question my friend. Apparently (according to the experts) the teams that are on the decline are headlined by AFC.

I personally see WB, GWS, Collingwood and Adelaide improving from a number of players taking big steps in development at the same time.

Also Melbourne, St Kilda and Gold Coast will improve - but not in a way that will influence the premiership race. IMO.

What are the chances of either Crouch getting 40 or more touches in a game this year? Because you can get odds of $4 but i think its more likely than that to happen.
If Brad strings a bunch of games together and stays healthy then I'd bet on him doing it. Matt could easily too. He can get 25 odd in 66% game time.

That is the $64 question my friend. Apparently (according to the experts) the teams that are on the decline are headlined by AFC.
Only by lazy hacks.

They seem to think that Danger going from us to Geelong will see us fall out of the 8 and Geelong climb into it.

There was a great tweet I think from Titus O'Reily along the lines of how people are forgetting that Danger hasn't exactly made us a finals team the last 2 or 3 years prior.

I'm personally loving being written off before round 1.

What are the chances of either Crouch getting 40 or more touches in a game this year? Because you can get odds of $4 but i think its more likely than that to happen.
hang on, either Crouch? In any game?

where exactly did you see this?

Apparently (according to the experts) the teams that are on the decline are headlined by AFC.

One can definitely say that Adelaide will be without any contribution from Dangerfield in 2016, and one might reasonably say that Adelaide might get less contribution from Thompson.

However, one can be almost as confident that Adelaide will get some decent contribution in 2016 from Brad Crouch and Milera, and perhaps some contribution from Seedsman and Gore as well, none of which was present in 2015. There is also a decent chance that a few (or all) of Laird, Matt Crouch, Lever, Cameron, Knight, Atkins and maybe even Hartigan can show some natural improvement from their 2015 contributions.

On balance one might conclude that Adelaide are one of the teams more likely to be on the improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough situation for him really. He's too slow to play on the outside and not good enough to land a spot playing inside.

The last 2 years that he's gotten games it was injury that forced him out. This preseason, his running times followed by his game time has been as confusing as s**t. And now he's apparently injured.

FantasyFreako from CD posted their first article for the year. Says 67.4% of our possessions were uncontested, which was the highest in the NAB Challenge, while in 2015 we had the second lowest.

Definite change up, I wonder if that's due to Danger leaving, or just pure Pyke on how he thinks we should play.

The contested clearance, hack it forward either results in a turnover or us winning a contest to maintain possession. Nothing is easy when we hack it forward, the best we can hope for is a contest.

But being young doesn't mean you will improve ... many players plateau early in the show. I reckon the real improvement comes from those 50 to 100 gamers. Improvement from that group makes a real difference when the heat is on.
the bottom line is that we have a lot of unknowns about us and the safe bet is to say we'll go backwards, so that's what everyone with a column will do.

I see a tonne of upside in our squad and what Pykey seems to offer, and until proven otherwise I'm happy to focus on that. The reality is though we could be on the wrong end of some thrashings this year, only time will tell. There's nothing easy about this comp.

I personally see WB, GWS, Collingwood and Adelaide improving from a number of players taking big steps in development at the same time.

Also Melbourne, St Kilda and Gold Coast will improve - but not in a way that will influence the premiership race. IMO.

I agree and have previously made the same comment on WB, GWS, Collingwood and Adelaide

If you want a laugh, head over to the Port board and check out the shakes head thread and their assessment of our forward line.

Our forward like is OK to not that good.
Tex is just okay and his kick to Charlie Cameron was a no brainer.
Tex gets the second best defender.
Cameron is a chip scab who doesn't defend.

What a bunch of w***ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back