FB: Harwood Morh Webster
HB: Birchall Pearce K.Kolodjashnij
C: L.Weller Robinson M.Weller
HF: Howe Riewoldt Green
FF: Garland Brown Casboult
R: Bellchambers Hall Lonergan
Bench: Thurlow Lovell Templeton Phillips

Would win premiership :drunk:
You would if Tassie boy Bolton was coaching them :)

Wasnt Nic Nat born in NSW?

Yes but he moved to WA as a baby and the State of Origin period is the years where a player is learning how to play Aussie Rules. NSW/ACT is actually a very strong side, could easily match any AFL team, in fact would be better than any AFL team, but the ruck is probably the weakest area.

Probably missing some key players, but I had a go at WA

WA:
B: Jeremy McGovern, Alex Rance, Elliott Yeo
HB: Daniel Rich, Harry Taylor, Danyle Pearce
C: Andrew Swallow, Patrick Cripps, Stephen Hill
HF: Mark LeCras, Lance Franklin, Mitch Duncan
F: Michael Walters, Josh J. Kennedy, Jesse Hogan
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Nat Fyfe, Matt Priddis
I/C: Bradley Hill, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Mitchell, Aaron Sandilands

Danyle Pearce is a Croweater.

Vic Country vs. Vic Metro: Would be an unbelievable game...apologies in advance for those that I have more than likely missed. This was done very quickly.

Vic Country.

B: Hodge, Frawley, B.Reid
HB: E.Wood, Tarrant, Deledio
C: Pendlebury, Ablett, D.Martin
HF: Ziebell, Roughead, Higgins
F: S.Johnson, Jenkins, Stringer
R: Mumford, Dangerfield, J.Selwood
Int: Heppell, Viney, Wines, Dahlhaus
Emg: Mundy, J.Lewis, Goddard, Boak, J.Steven

Vic Metro.

B: J.Gibson, D.Talia, N.Smith
HB: S.Mitchell, Hurley, H.Shaw
C: Sloane, J.P.Kennedy, Hannebery
HF: T.Lynch (Ade), T.Lynch (GC), Parker
F: R.Gray, Gunston, Bontempelli
R: Goldstein, D.Shiel, Ward
Int: Treloar, Gawn, Cotchin, Shuey
Emg: M.Murphy, N.Jones, Swan, Macrae, Liberatore.

Last edited:
Vic Country vs. Vic Metro: Would be an unbelievable game...apologies in advance for those that I have more than likely missed. This was done very quickly.

Vic Country.

Vic Metro.

Two amazing teams. Vic Country has the better forward line and defence but Vic Metro has the better midfield.

FB: H.Shaw, D.Talia, J. Gibson
HB: C.Enright, J.Frawley, L.Hodge
C: D.Hannebery, S.Mitchell, M.Bontempelli
HF: B.Deledio, J.Roughead, G.Ablett
FF: S.Johnson, T.Lynch, J.Stringer
R: T.Goldstein, P.Dangerfield, S.Pendlebury
I/C: S.Mumford, J.Selwood, R.Sloane, C.Ward

My first thought was 'wtf, no Jack Viney', then I had a closer look at the midfield, you just couldn't justify dropping anyone for him. Would be great to watch that midfield perform.

Country's midfield of Dangerfield, Selwood, Pendlebury, Ablett, Martin is borderline unbeatable for mine.

The Vic Country midfield is far better, I agree. Actually think Vic Country is a fair bit better overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Victorians would get behind it? Is there a rivalry behind country and city in Victoria, and could Victorians see themselves actively supporting one of the teams?

Nah not at all...I wouldn't want to see any Sydney players risking injury in a game like this. I'd imagine most supporters would feel the same.

Just wondering if state of origin was on this year what the teams would look like? Love to see if anyone can come up with teams for all 6. Vic, Sa, Wa, NSW/ACT Qld/NT and Tas.

Rank the 6 sides 1-6, have a SoO week where all AFL sides have a bye.

Tuesday Night - 1st v 4th
Wednesday Night - 2nd v 3rd
Friday Night - 5th v 6th
Saturday Night - Tue/Wed Night Winners play off for the Cup

Friday Night winner replaces the lower of the Tue/Wed Night losers the following year.

Nah not at all...I wouldn't want to see any Sydney players risking injury in a game like this. I'd imagine most supporters would feel the same.

To be honest (and no offence to you) but this attitude annoys the crap out of me. Every other professional sport has a representative version of their sport, where the best of the best play in the same team against another team of the best of the best. AFL is the only code of football that I can think of in the world that is not mature enough to accept that injuries can happen, but that it is worth the risk because we get to see Aussie Rules Football played as well as it can be played.

Talk about the Grand Final all you want, but the truth of the matter is that is not as good as Aussie Rules Football can be played. If teams like Chelsea and Manchester United can accept their players going off to play international football (quite a lot of games as well) then I am sure the Swans could accept our players playing 2 or 3 games of representative football as well.

Vic Country.

Vic Metro.

If you go off of the current TAC rules, then a lot of metro players are actually country.

Tom Lynch (GC) is from Sorrento, he'd definitely be country regardless of the newer rules. Parker is from Langwarrin, would be borderline.

To be honest (and no offence to you) but this attitude annoys the crap out of me. Every other professional sport has a representative version of their sport, where the best of the best play in the same team against another team of the best of the best. AFL is the only code of football that I can think of in the world that is not mature enough to accept that injuries can happen, but that it is worth the risk because we get to see Aussie Rules Football played as well as it can be played.

Talk about the Grand Final all you want, but the truth of the matter is that is not as good as Aussie Rules Football can be played. If teams like Chelsea and Manchester United can accept their players going off to play international football (quite a lot of games as well) then I am sure the Swans could accept our players playing 2 or 3 games of representative football as well.

International representation isn't an option for our players though. The peak of our sport is to win a premiership for your club and that has to be priority. I'd prefer no rep footy at all than some ridiculous event like the pro-bowl or NBA All Stars...neither are taken seriously.

International representation isn't an option for our players though. The peak of our sport is to win a premiership for your club and that has to be priority. I'd prefer no rep footy at all than some ridiculous event like the pro-bowl or NBA All Stars...neither are taken seriously.

International representation is not the only form of representation there is. Even the NFL has some representative football.

Do you think Victorians would get behind it? Is there a rivalry behind country and city in Victoria, and could Victorians see themselves actively supporting one of the teams?

Not really I don't think. As a genuine football fan I would be love to see the contest but I can't see many people getting into it/taking sides.

Vic Country.

Vic Metro.

Jack Viney was born and raised in Glen Iris until he was 13. He was only in Echuca for 2-3 years before moving to Adelaide for a few years, then back to Melbourne after that. He's a city boy.

Vic Country.

Vic Metro.

Good list think you missed Gaff he would start on field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back