Game Day Round 12, GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Sun 12th June, 4.40pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, good win.

I would be really interested to see a geographical breakdown of the two teams and where the concentration (region-wise) the memberships for both clubs are from. Anyway idea where I can find something like this?

Hate playing the Swans - doesn't matter what the lead is, it never feels enough because they just keep coming.

Tippett going down was a huge break until Sinclair adapted. Was worth about three or four goals on its own.

Always love the job Davis does on Buddy, even when I've got him in SC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

What a match! Owe my neighbors a beer for waking them up at 4am cheering. Thought this would be the hardest win of the last 3 games. Played hard, record crowd, and retribution against the swans....ecstatic.

Love having two competitive NSW teams. Adds not only fans, but a lot of new potential players.

Hey guys, good win.

I would be really interested to see a geographical breakdown of the two teams and where the concentration (region-wise) the memberships for both clubs are from. Anyway idea where I can find something like this?
This is not particularly scientific(or useful), but if you go to Olympic Park station after one of these derbies, the trains heading to lidcombe and the West are about a 50-50 mix of swans and giants. The trains heading east towards central are nearly all swans fans.

This is not particularly scientific(or useful), but if you go to Olympic Park station after one of these derbies, the trains heading to lidcombe and the West are about a 50-50 mix of swans and giants. The trains heading east towards central are nearly all swans fans.

Would you say that is the same for pretty much all home games?

The only reason why I ask is because as you all know these are incredibly important formative years for GWS. If the majority of your support really are from 'Western Sydney' and the team sees more success it could hopefully really blow up like WSW (as you all know), and not just from an attendance perspective. Perhaps it is a generalisation of 'Western Sydney' but I feel like those regions take to their sport more and that is a huge cultural win. In the area I live in, I don't see any Sydney supporters regularly donning their gear or getting super into it. Very different out West. I'm really interested to see how AFL will develop. I hope this makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back