Preview Round 14 vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

crow-013.jpg
vs
kangaroo-sleeping-wooroloo.jpg

The Crow is ready to swoop on the sleeping Roo...

When: Thursday 23 June, 7:20pm
Where: Adelaide Oval
Weather forecast: 16 and showers, better close the ro... oh wait.

The Story So Far:
After a series of meltdowns after the Geelong loss, the Crows haven't lost since. Thumped the injury-wrecked Suns, rolled the Giants in a very impressive display (last quarter excepted), smacked the Saints and then ran over the Eagles in Perth in what was one of our best home and away wins in recent memory. Needless to say, our top 4 hopes are well and truly alive and we can come even closer with a win on Thursday.

North, on the other hand, are still sitting in the top 4 but have been brought back to Earth with a few losses against fellow top 4 hopefuls. They're still a decent team though and we can't take them lightly at all.

History:
Where do I begin? Here it is in pictures:

20974-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

1847706-3x2-940x627.jpg

169502712-jared-petrenko-of-the-crows-celebrates-after-gettyimages.jpg

The North fan on the left showing Pets how much they lost by.

364677_nl.jpg

First game under Walsh. What a game :(.

Overall record is 20-19 in our favour. North have not beaten us in Adelaide since 2003 (Carey kicked one of the goals of the year that day)

Memorable Matches:
Shown in the pictures above. Here they are in YouTube form:

Some of those videos are quite long but they are worth the watch! But I'm sure you all know that.

Teams:
TBD (Will be added on Wednesday night):

Adelaide:

Team%20Selection%20Graphic%20R14%202016%20v%20NM.jpg

North Melbourne:

B: Scott Thompson, Michael Firrito, Brad McKenzie
HB: Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant, Sam Gibson
C: Farren Ray, Andrew Swallow, Jamie Macmillan
HF: Nick Dal Santo, Ben Brown, Brent Harvey
F: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Mason Wood
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Ben Cunnington, Jack Ziebell
Int: Trent Dumont, Aaron Mullett, Majak Daw, Corey Wagner
Emer: Lachlan Hansen, Ryan Clarke, Robbie Nahas

In: Andrew Swallow, Ben Cunnington
Out: Daniel Wells (calf), Luke McDonald (hamstring)

Players to Watch:

Adelaide:
Betts - Thursday night at home, this is his time to shine. When he's on he's unstoppable and can kick them from anywhere (Eddie's pocket? What pocket? They're all his pocket!) North need to contain him if they are a shot at winning. If he fires, it goes a long way towards a Crow victory.

Walker - Tore them apart last year on this ground and he's more than capable of doing it again.

Sloane - Relentless. An absolute bull. Looks like Jane, plays like Tarzan, say what you will about Batman but he's in AA form and a potential Brownlow smokey (although his former teammate, now nemesis is one to stop).

North Melbourne:
Goldstein - One of the best ruckman in the league. If he gets on top, North will get on top in the clearances.

Wells - 30 touches and 9 clearances last week. He's one that could break the game open for them if he's on so we need to make sure we're keeping him in tact and to watch our match-ups.

Harvey - 38 years old yet still kills us. Kicked 3 in the third quarter in round 1 to get them back in the match. Just because he's old, does not mean he can't be a match-winner (remember when his namesake run amok in the final against St Kilda because Craig didn't tag him? Yeah...)

Verdict:

Coming off a bye means we'll either be ready to go or we''ll come out flat. However, I'm positive about this one. Firstly, there is no Waite who dominated us in round 1 and, secondly, North are horrendous in Adelaide against us and we're coming off running over the Eagles in Perth. North had their chances against the Hawks but poor kicking kept them out of it which shows that they're capable but AO isn't an easy place to travel and I feel we'll get some sweet revenge for round 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otd-dfhzaEw

Crows by 26 points.

Last edited:
Just hope we start well. Coming off a bye always make me go to the toilet more often than not in the 24hours leading into the game

Crows by 40. Way too strong at home, plus North are overrated on the ladder
Need to make a statement.
We need to keep winning.
Win win win win.
With our easy run to come...

By the time we verse Geelong.. We "could" be on a 9 game winning streak.
That could be a massive massive game.
That match could announce the real challenger.

I think we will win, but anyone thinking this will be anything less than a dour struggle in wet conditions is kidding themselves. North have won 10 games for a reason, and they outmuscled Hawthorn for most of the match last week. We will need to play our best football to win this very important match.

Crows by 15.

Also, don't get caught in to the trap of "we could be heading in to the Cats game on the back of 8 wins" thinking. We have done that more times in our history than I could count, and stuffed it. Melbourne and Carlton at the MCG are not walk-up wins. We certainly need to win them well to have any credibility but don't talk about them as four points.

As long as the selection again is not:
Out: Hartigan
In: Van Berlo​
against one of the Tallest forward lines in the comp!

crow-013.jpg
vs
kangaroo-sleeping-wooroloo.jpg

The Crow is ready to swoop on the sleeping Roo...

When: Thursday 23 June, 7:20pm
Where: Adelaide Oval
Weather forecast: 16 and showers, better close the ro... oh wait.

The Story So Far:
After a series of meltdowns after the Geelong loss, the Crows haven't lost since. Thumped the injury-wrecked Suns, rolled the Giants in a very impressive display (last quarter excepted), smacked the Saints and then ran over the Eagles in Perth in what was one of our best home and away wins in recent memory. Needless to say, our top 4 hopes are well and truly alive and we can come even closer with a win on Thursday.

North, on the other hand, are still sitting in the top 4 but have been brought back to Earth with a few losses against fellow top 4 hopefuls. They're still a decent team though and we can't take them lightly at all.

History:
Where do I begin? Here it is in pictures:

20974-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

1847706-3x2-940x627.jpg

169502712-jared-petrenko-of-the-crows-celebrates-after-gettyimages.jpg

The North fan on the left showing Pets how much they lost by.

364677_nl.jpg

First game under Walsh. What a game :(.

Overall record is 20-19 in our favour. North have not beaten us in Adelaide since 2003 (Carey kicked one of the goals of the year that day)

Memorable Matches:
Shown in the pictures above. Here they are in YouTube form:

Some of those videos are quite long but they are worth the watch! But I'm sure you all know that.

Teams:
TBD (Will be added on Wednesday night):

Adelaide:

North Melbourne:

Players to Watch:

Adelaide:
Betts - Thursday night at home, this is his time to shine. When he's on he's unstoppable and can kick them from anywhere (Eddie's pocket? What pocket? They're all his pocket!) North need to contain him if they are a shot at winning. If he fires, it goes a long way towards a Crow victory.

Walker - Tore them apart last year on this ground and he's more than capable of doing it again.

Sloane - Relentless. An absolute bull. Looks like Jane, plays like Tarzan, say what you will about Batman but he's in AA form and a potential Brownlow smokey (although his former teammate, now nemesis is one to stop).

North Melbourne:
Goldstein - One of the best ruckman in the league. If he gets on top, North will get on top in the clearances.

Wells - 30 touches and 9 clearances last week. He's one that could break the game open for them if he's on so we need to make sure we're keeping him in tact and to watch our match-ups.

Harvey - 38 years old yet still kills us. Kicked 3 in the third quarter in round 1 to get them back in the match. Just because he's old, does not mean he can't be a match-winner (remember when his namesake run amok in the final against St Kilda because Craig didn't tag him? Yeah...)

Verdict:

Coming off a bye means we'll either be ready to go or we''ll come out flat. However, I'm positive about this one. Firstly, there is no Waite who dominated us in round 1 and, secondly, North are horrendous in Adelaide against us and we're coming off running over the Eagles in Perth. North had their chances against the Hawks but poor kicking kept them out of it which shows that they're capable but AO isn't an easy place to travel and I feel we'll get some sweet revenge for round 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otd-dfhzaEw

Crows by 26 points.

Desperate for a crow victory but that's a damn cute kangaroo you picked out there

Crows should win , the weather will be terrible so that will bring the 2 teams together. I don't care how many are injured and who we beat. Moral victories are for ethics classes.

In saying that I am looking forward to how we set up for the expected conditions. Expected crowd, given the email saying no reserved seating left, I will once again go with low 40,000s maybe 41,500

Crows 1-24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a massive game. Perhaps the most important of the remaining ones. Win it and we're looking a top 4 right in the eye, given our easier second half fixture. Lose it and well, that'd be a loss to North x 2, Bulldogs, Cats and Hawks, and that pretty much says it all. Not top 4 quality.

Feeling oddly confident. Which means by Thursday afternoon I'll be in full panic mode.

Forecast:

Thursday 23 June

Minimum:10, maximum: 16
Showers.
Possible rainfall: 4 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%
rain_80.gif

Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm and possible small hail in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northwesterly 30 to 45 km/h turning westerly 30 to 40 km/h during the afternoon.

Which team will the weather favour? Also, will it affect the crowd? Must admit to having a phobia about being out in thunderstorms. :eek: :(

Our long break should have us with a lot of run in our legs. In a slogging wet weather game I'm quietly confident we can win by running hard both ways.
Would love to see a win of any margin but I tip 34 points.

Good OP too:thumbsu:

I think we will win, but anyone thinking this will be anything less than a dour struggle in wet conditions is kidding themselves. North have won 10 games for a reason, and they outmuscled Hawthorn for most of the match last week. We will need to play our best football to win this very important match.

Crows by 15.

Also, don't get caught in to the trap of "we could be heading in to the Cats game on the back of 8 wins" thinking. We have done that more times in our history than I could count, and stuffed it. Melbourne and Carlton at the MCG are not walk-up wins. We certainly need to win them well to have any credibility but don't talk about them as four points.

Yeh in the past.
But this is the new crows, no more Reilly's, Doughty's, VB's, Wright's running around for us. We haven't lost to shit teams in over a year and a half now.

Crows by 15.

I love your tips PJ.

Crows by 40+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back