List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle is a bit like Darling or Crameri. He won't play as a No.1 target but he will be an absolute workhorse around the ground.

Why do you think that I listed him as a Fwd and not a KPF.
yeah I noted that you didn't list him as a KPF.

I'll be watching him closely when he goes back to the TAC, my mind hasn't changed on him much yet. Although I did change my mind a little about Venables, after he kicked that goal on the run.

Did you happen to see the commentators draft order?

yeah I noted that you didn't list him as a KPF.

I'll be watching him closely when he goes back to the TAC, my mind hasn't changed on him much yet. Although I did change my mind a little about Venables, after he kicked that goal on the run.

Did you happen to see the commentators draft order?

Nah didn't see it.

I'm hoping we get one of these 190cm+ rebounding defenders at some point.

Seriously need to find some forwards at some point though.
yeah, I am hoping we could get someone like Kerr, Bolton or Lebois in the second round.
I'm highly doubtful Marshall will get to our pick, but even if he did. His body would still be a couple of years off.

Last edited:
yeah, I am hoping we could get someone like Kerr, Bolton or Lebois in the second round.
I'm highly doubtful Marshall will get to our pick, but even if he did. His body would still be a couple of years of.

Or Stengle/Fowler late. Still think Battle would be a good fit. I like Korewha and Duman later.

Interested to see what Joshua Begley can do in the second half of this year with all the players coming back from the champs.

Or Stengle/Fowler late. Still think Battle would be a good fit. I like Korewha and Duman later.

Interested to see what Joshua Begley can do in the second half of this year with all the players coming back from the champs.
Stengle got tagged in that last game SA played in an U18 Champs game, that is very impressive.
Ratugalea really disappointed me in the second game he played, I was expecting him to at least match his output from the previous game..

Not going to flip over your desk if we go for a midfielder that isn't Taranto are you? ;)

Speaking of, I did notice Galluci had a large gap between his uncontested & his contested posessions. This is one reason why I believe he'll be ending up in the second round.

I think Scrimshaw and
Rotham are the picks of the tall back flankers, if we were to grab either I would be pleased. I just have no idea what we are after in this draft. Was obvious last year we needed key backs but there are no obvious large holes on our list at the moment.

I think Scrimshaw and
Rotham are the picks of the tall back flankers, if we were to grab either I would be pleased. I just have no idea what we are after in this draft. Was obvious last year we needed key backs but there are no obvious large holes on our list at the moment.

Scrimshaw's injury history worries me.

There are other tall half backs that would be around later in the draft that had good champs that are more raw like Taylin Duman (Metro) and Jarrod Korewha (Country).

I think the biggest problem with our list is that we lack genuine goal kicking forwards, we have some really good goal kicking mids but when it comes to players who can kick bags and dominate games on the scoreboard we really lack them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Scrimshaw and
I'd add Berry to that as well IF he found his way to our pick.

His champs really have made me worry about Berry. Has more than just a few players leapfrogging him because of it.
I am not too worried about him right now with his return from injury interrupting his season, I think our team knows all too well about it taking some time for players to get into the swing of things
Another let's see what he does when he goes back to the TAC
Good to see you back Dav1d hope all is well
thanks, wasn't going to come back this early but was horribly bored & I unfortunately can't spend 24/7 in the gym.

I am not too worried about him right now with his return from injury interrupting his season, I think our team knows all too well about it taking some time for players to get into the swing of things
Another let's see what he does when he goes back to the TAC

thanks, wasn't going to come back this early but was horribly bored & I unfortunately can't spend 24/7 in the gym.

He is definitely a player who can push himself back up the board again. I'd be happier with Rotham now if we went down that path but things might change.

May I say though if we take a ruck late in the draft one that has huge potential is Olango. Similiar to Nyuon last year but has shown more as a forward I reckon, insanely athletic like having another mid has a good side step too.

Last edited:
May I say though if we take a ruck late in the draft one that has huge potential is Olango. Similiar to Nyuon last year but has shown more as a forward I reckon, insanely athletic like having another mid has a good side step too.
Love him but.....
From limited viewing, he ball follows a lot, until he is tired (needs a chop out as endurance appears good) and then his tackling technique drops off.
Potential is huge. Could be the number 1 defensive ruck in the league. Defensive needs to be there as his taps to advantage aren't great but his chase, tackle, shepparding are elite for a ruck. Agility is nic Nat levels.
IF a team could rookie list him as their first ruck in the twos for 3 years and that is his pathway to afl.

His champs really have made me worry about Berry. Has more than just a few players leapfrogging him because of it.
Has run a strikingly similar path to Tucker in 2015, and even Tucker had a few standout games last year.

Has run a strikingly similar path to Tucker in 2015, and even Tucker had a few standout games last year.
yes Tucker had a standout game, like the one where Tucker punched an SA player. This was in a non televised championship game to, great temperament..
Unlike Mitch Hibberd, Riley Bonner & Tucker last year; Berry can already defend multiple times better
Just watch him in that first game he played in, he is back from a big stint on the sidelines and he is dropping into the space of the oppositions forwards, he is blocking for his team mates to run with the ball & spoiling the ball from behind.
This is his first couple of games back, even JJ didn't look quite the player he was at the start of the season the other night from injury (and yes I know he kicked that goal)

Back