Top 5 Most Disappointing Recruits in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

With Carlisle you get all the behaviour problems of Bennell, all the ASASA issues of Melksham all for pick 5 and 600,000-800,000 a year. Classic St Kilda.
Under 600k actually champ. Come the end of Carlisle, Gresham and even White's careers I think you'll find we did very well out of pick 5.

Surely Carlisle tops the list? Bennell, Jetta, Redden, Aish, Yarran, Toumpas. Talia I can't count as a disappointment because you're a fool if you thought he had promise. Dixon, Sinclair have probably been a bit underwhelming without being disappointments necesarilly. Menzel will come good. Nathan Freeman, Jed Anderson arguably get a pass due to injury (though both were known issues so maybe not). Tom Bell? But he'd be fine if his coach was smart enough to play him in his best position.

Jetta and Redden far more disappointing then the last 3

Really ?
we have got a few reasonable games out of both . Sure they have both been dropped but at least they have played

carslile and freeman have been a complete waste of your list space and draft picks this year .

He has been the best.

Your sarcasm meter is broken?

Dixon, Sinclair have probably been a bit underwhelming without being disappointments necesarilly.

Dixon hasn't been underwhelming at all. For two seasons now he's gotten nothing but trash delivery but still gets goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has averaged nearly a goal a game less than he did last season and hasn't helped Port Adelaide get back into finals so yeah, underwhelming.

Injury, s**t house service that would make Lockett struggle for goals, no support whereas at GC he had Lynch, coaching that makes Mark Need look sophisticated. Need I go on?

take a pick out of

Yarran
Bennell
S Selwood
Sinclair
Jetta
Freeman
Carlisle (although, not his fault - he would have got St Kilda in the 8 by now)
Melksham (again not his fault, although Melbourne have covered him well)

Yarran and Carlisle worst IMO. Both clubs giving up plenty of $$$
Both players been in the media for the wrong reasons.
Don't think either club would do these trades again if they had the chance.

If you actually watched him play every week, you'd know these aren't excuses and that he's still playing well.

If you could look at it with an outside perspective you'd see it's a very simple assertion. Yes they are excuses, they're the definition of excuses. Yes he is playing well, I didn't say he isn't, but he's underwhelming given the hype he came with and the price you paid. You're welcome to disagree with me.

how would Brown go being the ONLY KPF in a team, when your midfield is roving to Preuss?

How would Tom Lynch go if Gold Coast had their six best midfielders constantly injured, roving to Nicholls? Given we didn't trade a top 10 pick to get Brown and given he's not already halfway through his career it's irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back