Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you rate him against Ryder? Obviously Ryder has runs on the boards, but what about a comparison at the same age?
Good comparison, very similar in a lot of ways..Lobb is more a forward who can pinch hit, where as Paddy was a ruck who could go forward..I seem to remember Paddy being inconsistent early...Lobb has been a tad more consistent this year for mine..WOrth noting that I initially suggested I would be happy to trade pick 1 for Lobb and Steele, not Lobb on his own...Hopefull we give him a tour of the Hanger and when he sees that he doesn't hit hit head on the door he'll decide to Lobb at the House of Steele..

Good comparison, very similar in a lot of ways..Lobb is more a forward who can pinch hit, where as Paddy was a ruck who could go forward..I seem to remember Paddy being inconsistent early...Lobb has been a tad more consistent this year for mine..WOrth noting that I initially suggested I would be happy to trade pick 1 for Lobb and Steele, not Lobb on his own...Hopefull we give him a tour of the Hanger and when he sees that he doesn't hit hit head on the door he'll decide to Lobb at the House of Steele..
Lobb @ FF as our backup ruck to Berger essentially completes our 22 and is worth the pick. its overs, but a) he is exactly the talent we're lacking and there isn't anyone in the draft akin to him and b) its not like our list is a Spoon list anyway. So we can afford to overspend here

Bags Hartley Hooker
Ambrose Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Heppell Merrett
Laverde Daniher Parish
Fantasia Lobb Steele
Berger Goddard Myers
Gleeson Zaka Stanton Watson
EIC - Francis McKenna Langford

Lobb @ FF as our backup ruck to Berger essentially completes our 22 and is worth the pick. its overs, but a) he is exactly the talent we're lacking and there isn't anyone in the draft akin to him and b) its not like our list is a Spoon list anyway. So we can afford to overspend here

Bags Hartley Hooker
Ambrose Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Heppell Merrett
Laverde Daniher Parish
Fantasia Lobb Steele
Berger Goddard Myers
Gleeson Zaka Stanton Watson
EIC - Francis McKenna Langford
GWS has made it known that Rory Lobb is not going anywhere. We will need to draft our own Rory Lobb equivalent.

Not overly reliable, but that Yakult person on twitter just posted this:

Which seems to suggest that their 'source' is the we r essendon page (or both of them source from the same person, or ARE the same person..)
Geez we're really clutching a straws with that one.
Looking at Woosha's video up on the EFC website, he claims he hasn't even spoken to Hurley yet. Someone's lying out their arse and I'd be prepared to say it's not the Coach.

I hold little merit in a lot of these twitter accounts. One of them is now saying that Hurley's signature will be announced at 6:18pm today. Really? #18 player announced on the 18th day of the month at 18:18? #absurd #HappyToBeWrong

Looking at Woosha's video up on the EFC website, he claims he hasn't even spoken to Hurley yet. Someone's lying out their arse and I'd be prepared to say it's not the Coach.

I hold little merit in a lot of these twitter accounts. One of them is now saying that Hurley's signature will be announced at 6:18pm today. Really? #18 player announced on the 18th day of the month at 18:18? #absurd #HappyToBeWrong
gotta get them twitter followers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess that shows all the Dogs supporters who thought they had Hurls sewn up lol!

Now we don't have to listen to every flog supporter tell us that he is going to be a DFA and walk for free, got old real quick that line. As much as some people on these boards toyed with the idea of trading him for O'meara etc etc Hurley's value to the club is far greater then most could appreciate. Person like him is loved by one and all and I dare say is a picture of strength, loyalty and mateship at the club.

Go bombers!

Prior to Hurley announcing this, Essendon had said

(i) they will only trade an equivalent player for Hurley
(ii) all 5 players must commit to Dons within 2-3 weeks

This may have raised a dilemma for the teams in the finals. e.g. Boyd and Dalhuas (however its spelt), you guys are off to Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back