List Mgmt. Ty Vickery - Tigers decided not to match the deal. Richmond receives Pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, question??? When I watched it our game on television v the Eagles .... and against Gold Coast .... and then the other week against Geelong ... and Tyrone flat out refused to jump, or compete in the ruck and totally avoid ALL body contact, what did I miss that was outside the viewing area on TV? Was there a dozen SWAT team members off to the side with weapons pointed at Tyrone? Was there 10 caged Lions set to be released? Or was he chained to a post (maybe Jayden) 15 metres away? What did I miss that I couldn't see before my very eyes??? For all you defenders of Vickery, not one of you have ever offered an explanation as to why he refuses to jump or in the slightest way compete at centre bounces. You think that Hawthorn - if he ends up there - will accept that sort of effort?
Alright I just tried to get forward a point that I thought was valid in the correct manner to which I receive a smartass response. I thank the lord we do not have someone like you running the team management department, because we would have two 18 year old kids as our key forwards next year (because we don't accept mediocrity of a goal and a half a game from our second key forward :huh:) and you would somehow think this is the smart option to run with every week.
Have you ever thought the issue might be with the tremendously slow game plan rather than Ty not being able to beat 3 defenders on his own when the ball takes 20 minutes to eventually come in? Speed it up to Adelaide's pace and Vickery becomes Josh Jenkins imo.

Go to a game of football :rolleyes::p xx

Alright I just tried to get forward a point that I thought was valid in the correct manner to which I receive a smartass response. I thank the lord we do not have someone like you running the team management department, because we would have two 18 year old kids as our key forwards next year (because we don't accept mediocrity of a goal and a half a game from our second key forward :huh:) and you would somehow think this is the smart option to run with every week.
Have you ever thought the issue might be with the tremendously slow game plan rather than Ty not being able to beat 3 defenders on his own when the ball takes 20 minutes to eventually come in? Speed it up to Adelaide's pace and Vickery becomes Josh Jenkins imo.

Go to a game of football :rolleyes::p xx
He doesn't compete .. that's the point.
He has a chance to gone one-on-one - mano e mano - in a ruck contest, yet he tries to sidestep the opposition ruckmen and makes a half-hearted attempt to swipe the ball. There's a plethora of footage available where he's done this, I'm not making it up. THree on one pffft! He gets plenty of one on ones and doesn't contest. Height, which people use to defend him, is irrelevant when you play like a 150cm tall player and don't use your height.

Got to a game of footy .... seen nine Tigers games live this year and about 20 AFL games all-up, including half a dozen Bulldogs and a few Hawks games, Maybe just credit me with knowing exactly what else is out there in the AFL and how others besides our 13th placed warriors go about it!

He doesn't compete .. that's the point.
He has a chance to gone one-on-one - mano e mano - in a ruck contest, yet he tries to sidestep the opposition ruckmen and makes a half-hearted attempt to swipe the ball. There's a plethora of footage available where he's done this, I'm not making it up. THree on one pffft! He gets plenty of one on ones and doesn't contest. Height, which people use to defend him, is irrelevant when you play like a 150cm tall player and don't use your height.

Got to a game of footy .... seen nine Tigers games live this year and about 20 AFL games all-up, including half a dozen Bulldogs and a few Hawks games, Maybe just credit me with knowing exactly what else is out there in the AFL and how others besides our 13th placed warriors go about it!
Whatever mate, if you want to say an AFL player of over 100 games doesn't compete then good luck to you.
Yeah I'm sure you know exactly what is out there in the AFL, have a look at Port and there massive deal to Charlie Dixon last year for example. Ty has had a down year and still averages the same marks, more tackles, more hitouts for a relief ruckman (Ty is thrown into the ruck rarely) and is just behind in goals. One is getting payed 700k cause it's the hardest position on the ground, the other is useless and 'doesn't compete'.
Amazing how for a guy that 'doesn't compete', he would occupy a key forward position in 13-14/18 AFL sides in the competition. Josh Walker, Liam Jones/Levi Casboult, Travis Cloke/Jesse White, Jamar (based on previous week), Taberner, Redpath etc, these teams would love to slot Vickery in place of these second forwards. If we go off his form from 12months ago he also bypasses Dixon, Watts, Patton, Sicily/Ceglar etc. For all you know he is playing under injury ala Cotchin/Riewoldt of past years and is doing his best to stay out there for his team.
In short, if the guy 'didn't compete', clubs like Hawthorn would not be interested.
The guy has some shortcomings no doubt, but we could do a lot worse and who are you planning on magically replacing him with???? :rolleyes::eek:

The club aren't at all. Half our Bigfooty group has decided that he's is leaving lol or will be traded. After the game Dimma said again Vickers is definitely in our best team and very important going forward. He only dropped him so Elton could have a run.
this we agree on, he aint going anywhere

Apparently he injured his right hand as he was resting it in ice.
Some are saying it was a broken nail.

he broke a nail signing his two year contract at the tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever mate, if you want to say an AFL player of over 100 games doesn't compete then good luck to you.
Yeah I'm sure you know exactly what is out there in the AFL, have a look at Port and there massive deal to Charlie Dixon last year for example. Ty has had a down year and still averages the same marks, more tackles, more hitouts for a relief ruckman (Ty is thrown into the ruck rarely) and is just behind in goals. One is getting payed 700k cause it's the hardest position on the ground, the other is useless and 'doesn't compete'.
Amazing how for a guy that 'doesn't compete', he would occupy a key forward position in 13-14/18 AFL sides in the competition. Josh Walker, Liam Jones/Levi Casboult, Travis Cloke/Jesse White, Jamar (based on previous week), Taberner, Redpath etc, these teams would love to slot Vickery in place of these second forwards. If we go off his form from 12months ago he also bypasses Dixon, Watts, Patton, Sicily/Ceglar etc. For all you know he is playing under injury ala Cotchin/Riewoldt of past years and is doing his best to stay out there for his team.
In short, if the guy 'didn't compete', clubs like Hawthorn would not be interested.
The guy has some shortcomings no doubt, but we could do a lot worse and who are you planning on magically replacing him with???? :rolleyes::eek:

I'LL tell you why I AM right. Because the ever-sensitive Richmond fan like (like maybe yourself) are always tossing up what happens at other clubs and making nonsense comparisons. If Casboult is a worse player than Vickery, I don't care ... that's Carlton's problem. How long have you been on Big Footy? I used to read absolute nonsense on here seven years straight before round one about Deledio >>>>>>>> Murphy; Cotchin >>>>> Gibbs; Edwards >>>>> Betts. :p:D:p:D Yeah, every Tigers player is better than their Blues counterpart, yet somehow from 2007-2013 we won a whole two of 14 games played against the Blues. Ordinary players that Murphy and Gibbs. Nonsense comparisons.
Why is Ty rarely thrown in the ruck - for a guy who is supposed to be our ruckman and was drafted accordingly - because he is not competitive. Against the Cats we had Andrew Moore doing the ruck work instead of Ty!!!
Why not compare Ty to Kurt Tippett, who has him covered by the length of the Flemington straight and competes up forward and in the ruck and has an impact. You really want to compare what a perennially disappointing Jack Watts has dished up this year against Ty??? Give me Jack Watts any day of the week, twice on Sundays. At least the Dees - Roos, Bailey before him all had the courage to drop Watts. Hardwick finally does it and offers up the 'we need to have a look at Elton' excuse, not he fact you played like rubbish v Geelong.
So, why do we have inferiority complex, so bad that we have to find a comparison somewhere, anywhere to justify a players tenure???
As for replacing him, I'll leave that for the geniuses who make the list decisions but we could do a lot worse than giving Elton a run at it after being badly mismanaged for five seasons. At least he has a crack!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back