List Mgmt. Ty Vickery - Tigers decided not to match the deal. Richmond receives Pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us want to win - some want to give blokes like Vickery a 12th and 13th year because it might click, or Cleve Hughes a seventh year to build on his 20 games. The world of AFL is ruthless and only the ruthless prosper.

And when was the last time we did something ruthless at Richmond?

Trading Jeff Hogg for Dundas and Broderick and Butch ?? How great did that turn out for us !!

When we have the courage and ruthlessness to trade a Lids or Cotchin we might actually get somewhere. Instead we desperately try to hang on to talent we significantly overrate such as the Daffys, Gaspars and Hollands of the AFL.

He will probably be a 'gun' at Hawks but I never see him reaching his potential here

Because he has been able to get away with taking the kind of shortcuts that would never be tolerated at the Hawks.

And this is the cancer that has consistently plagued our club. Regardless of who is the coach, we overrate average players and we dont push them hard enough to get to the next level of consistency. You can get away at Richmond with one good season or just collecting stats.

Because he has been able to get away with taking the kind of shortcuts that would never be tolerated at the Hawks.

And this is the cancer that has consistently plagued our club. Regardless of who is the coach, we overrate average players and we dont push them hard enough to get to the next level of consistency. You can get away at Richmond with one good season or just collecting stats.
I agree 100%.. it's a culture issue at Richmond... the supporter expectation is high but that does not align within the club I feel..

I guess it sounds silly as I am sure the club are wanting to achieve the best but sometimes old habits die hard

And when he gets dropped at Hawthorn, he won't just walk back in to the senior team two weeks later after racking up eight possessions. He'll have to dominate. It's as you say, the Tiger culture.

LOL .. we wouldn't relinquish one of Maxfield or Campbell to nab Lockett who wanted to come to Tigerland!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

manager is shopping him around and doing a good job .i hope Dan doesn't spook:straining:
We need to adopt the NFL rules, where you can trade draft picks for coaches too.
We could package up Vickery and Hardwick and take Brisbane's late fourth rounder!

Has he gone yet?

Will probably wait out the back for the deal to be done......
Vickery celebrating his new deal

giphy.gif

manager is shopping him around and doing a good job .i hope Dan doesn't spook:straining:
Probably being overly optimistic here, but with North definitely needing to replace Petrie and possibly Waite, Hawks already interested, and Carlton supposedly too, the fact that the FA pool this year is empty should hopefully inflate his price. Let's hope there's a bidding war.

Probably being overly optimistic here, but with North definitely needing to replace Petrie and possibly Waite, Hawks already interested, and Carlton supposedly too, the fact that the FA pool this year is empty should hopefully inflate his price. Let's hope there's a bidding war.

it is funny because adelaide actually come out and said they would chase him if jenkins left- so a few sides in the eight
much maligned and the hope is richmond just give him away/unders to be rid of him. nope.

I've been following the wrong sport for 34 years.Is there a Tiger team in the NFL?If so please don't tell me they're rubbish:D
Cincinnati Bengals in the last 4 seasons they have made the playoffs each year, losing in the first round of the playoffs each time. Sound familiar

LOL .. we wouldn't relinquish one of Maxfield or Campbell to nab Lockett who wanted to come to Tigerland!

LMAO....and then we lost Maxfield for nothing!!

Just imagine how many premierships we would have won with Lockett!!!! It makes me sick thinking about it.

People can also say a lot about Northey, but he single handedly convinced Lockett to join us. He would go and visit his dad regularly for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back