Welcome Welcome to the list - Tylar Young Rookie pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t rate him.
Lacks awareness and doesn’t have the football smarts.
Rather get games into brown and Tresize.

I have to be honest, i barely notice him when we play. And then i get reminded that his 25 & I'm really not sure where we are heading with our backline. I really cant see the purpose of moving Balta forward

I have to be honest, i barely notice him when we play. And then i get reminded that his 25 & I'm really not sure where we are heading with our backline. I really cant see the purpose of moving Balta forward

You thought Dan Rioli shouldn't have been moved to half back because he didn't deserve to be gifted the opportunity. :drunk:

Like the majority of our inexperienced and younger players he's got some positives and negatives and the question with all of them is whether they will make it. IT's a strange stage where our list is at the moment as we have champs dwindling away to retirement and kids in the unknown quantity basket. If this group don't make it to support Bolton, Balta, Dan, Baker, Short and a few others we will be in a misery of pain for many years. I can't believe how our list looks so fragile considering where we were in 2020.

Last edited:

Like the majority of our inexperienced and younger players he's a got some positives and negatives and the question with all of them is whether they will make it. IT's a strange stage where our list is at the moment as we have champs dwindling away to retirement and kids in the unknown quantity basket. If this group don't make it to support Bolton, Balta, Dan, Baker, Short and a few others we will be in a misery of pain for many years. I can't believe how our list looks so fragile considering where we were in 2020.
Like you, I'm concerned where our list is at the moment. I go through the list of young guys and all I can do is hope that they will make it. In a number of cases I don't think they will. Gone are the days where if someone was elevated out of necessity, they could play their role for a week or two without missing a beat, yet now when someone comes in, they lack the skill and composure needed at the level. Having said that, a number of those youngsters, as we saw, could only do it for a couple of weeks, and weren't able to do it consistently long term, and are no longer around. For mine, the jury is still out, and fingers crossed.

Like you, I'm concerned where our list is at the moment. I go through the list of young guys and all I can do is hope that they will make it. In a number of cases I don't think they will. Gone are the days where if someone was elevated out of necessity, they could play their role for a week or two without missing a beat, yet now when someone comes in, they lack the skill and composure needed at the level. Having said that, a number of those youngsters, as we saw, could only do it for a couple of weeks, and weren't able to do it consistently long term, and are no longer around. For mine, the jury is still out, and fingers crossed.
What days gone would they be then!?

Like the majority of our inexperienced and younger players he's got some positives and negatives and the question with all of them is whether they will make it. IT's a strange stage where our list is at the moment as we have champs dwindling away to retirement and kids in the unknown quantity basket. If this group don't make it to support Bolton, Balta, Dan, Baker, Short and a few others we will be in a misery of pain for many years. I can't believe how our list looks so fragile considering where we were in 2020.
It's worse when you see so many other teams able to play kids in their first year and lower picks than us. Yeah, our recruiter's done well with mature recruits eg Lambert Young and top players from other teams but youth-wise wise they have failed miserably.

The Balta Young combo was good last year. Gibcus Young combo was a work in progress. Shocking first half of the first game. Improved after that. Shoudda, couldda beat the Blues.

Brown, Clarke and Sonz are available, Miller for the season? Brown or Kosi probably first in line this week

Kmac II looks a player.

Yze selecting the 22 from last year basically and they could ALL be first 22 again in 2025 the way its going.

But win it in the middle and you win the game. I think Nank, Dusty and Lynch will be better for the run. Bolton kicking 3 one week 0 the next, he and Baker couldn't be that bad again.

The Balta Young combo was good last year. Gibcus Young combo was a work in progress. Shocking first half of the first game. Improved after that. Shoudda, couldda beat the Blues.

Brown, Clarke and Sonz are available, Miller for the season? Brown or Kosi probably first in line this week

Kmac II looks a player.

Yze selecting the 22 from last year basically and they could ALL be first 22 again in 2025 the way its going.

But win it in the middle and you win the game. I think Nank, Dusty and Lynch will be better for the run. Bolton kicking 3 one week 0 the next, he and Baker couldn't be that bad again.
GIBCUS, Brown, Clarke and KMAC2 are probably the only four kids on our list that will be 150+ game players of high quality. Hopefully with Gibcus his body will eventually stand up. All the other names on the list are still with massive question marks on their heads.

Last edited:
GIBCUS, Brown, Clarke and KMAC2 are probably the only four kids on our list that will be 150+ game players of high quality. Hopefully with Gibcus his body will eventually stand up. All the other names on the list are still with massive question marks on their heads.

I'd take 50 games of being selected. like Jack Ross.

FMD. Hopefully Brown for game 2 and the Prestia replacement will be good. Kmac II or Clarke. Obviously reward VFL form.

Your selling my man SETH short here TI

Kids gonna be a very good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King was poor by his standards today and it had little to do with what Young was doing and just him dropping easy marks and missing easy chances. Even with him being off his game he led the game for contested marks and score involvements but if you're just looking at what is happening between Young and King then you're missing half the game.

It's the poorly attempted spoils that get out the back, its the switching off at stoppages, its allowing King to mark in the middle of the ground and not man the mark so that he can turn and put the ball on a platter for Higgins. One on one he has the height and athleticism to halve some contest against his opponents, its the basics of the game and defensive IQ that is easily the worst in the league.

King was poor by his standards today and it had little to do with what Young was doing and just him dropping easy marks and missing easy chances. Even with him being off his game he led the game for contested marks and score involvements but if you're just looking at what is happening between Young and King then you're missing half the game.

It's the poorly attempted spoils that get out the back, its the switching off at stoppages, its allowing King to mark in the middle of the ground and not man the mark so that he can turn and put the ball on a platter for Higgins. One on one he has the height and athleticism to halve some contest against his opponents, its the basics of the game and defensive IQ that is easily the worst in the league.
Which he got right up the ground, rather than right in front of goal as he usually does against us. He dropped one sitter, then kicked that arsey goal from it anyway. Harsh.

He is so s**t its not funny. Has absolutely no idea of what is happening around him.
I can’t believe what I’m reading

King had no influence whatsoever ever today and he has destroyed us every game he’s playing us.

Young is the absolute least of our issues and I’d say our back 6 moving forward actually looks our most settled.

He’s actually a worry below the knees. We can’t have him in the side just as a spoiler if he can’t keep up with his opponent. Yze should’ve put Miller on King as he got off the chain.
I was a fan of Youbg last year, but his game hasn’t improved and I don’t see any upside in him anymore.

He’s worried me
Too this season. Not just plateaued, if anything has gone backwards compared to last season.

He’s not good enough for the best fwds. King could have easily had 5 if he could kick straight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back