Welcome Welcome to the list - Tylar Young Rookie pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown only a couple of centimetres shorter.
Might no be a perfect like for like- I just don’t see the hype with young. He’s skills are horrible
Brown is a flanker. It’s not just height but also weight and Brown gives away more than Young in every way.

It would be career suicide

Brown is a flanker. It’s not just height but also weight and Brown gives away more than Young in every way.

It would be career suicide
We have no choice but to look at Brown or Tresize next game. Thats 1 198 player and 3 193 types.

Vs 3 KPFs Dixon, Finlay, Marshall.

Losing 2 KPDs will be tricky to adjust to but a close loss with the injuries. A great chance for a young player like Brown.

We have no choice but to look at Brown or Tresize next game. Thats 1 198 player and 3 193 types.

Vs 3 KPFs Dixon, Finlay, Marshall.

Losing 2 KPDs will be tricky to adjust to but a close loss with the injuries. A great chance for a young player like Brown.
Isn’t Tresize only 188?

And the jury is still out on Browns height but he ain’t anywhere near KPD size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t rate him.
Lacks awareness and doesn’t have the football smarts.
Rather get games into brown and Tresize.
yep going early, so maybe not giving the kid a fair chance but he is probably closer to 25 than a kid, so he's fair game.... he is possibly 10% better than garthwaite but don't think he's going to get anywhere near anywhere near Dave Astburys strength, judgement or ability. which puts him in the depth category, time to give Miller a block of six games as full back, young to go back to centre half-back in the reserves and work on his craft, attacking flair and aggression and find some form that demands a promotion and see how they go then at the end of the year..... weigh things up and obviously one or both might need to go.

Brown only a couple of centimetres shorter.
Might no be a perfect like for like- I just don’t see the hype with young. He’s skills are horrible
Agree, his skills aren’t the best; though, Rance was terrible in his first few seasons, a little reminiscent of Young tbh, but his one on one ability is already really good, which is why I think he could become a premier backman so long as we persist with him.

Agree, his skills aren’t the best; though, Rance was terrible in his first few seasons, a little reminiscent of Young tbh, but his one on one ability is already really good, which is why I think he could become a premier backman so long as we persist with him.
Rance was far more athletically gifted. Hope I’m proven wrong but I don’t see it with young.

He's a Kmart Astbury.

If he can work on his game and just focus on 1 big opponent, some spoils, marks and decent 20-30m kicks he can have a role to play for sure.
Did you miss those two lace out 50m passes under pressure. He is a very good kick of the football, just needs to get it a bit more, which should come.

Did you miss those two lace out 50m passes under pressure. He is a very good kick of the football, just needs to get it a bit more, which should come.

I saw them and liked them. Just saying that all he needs to do is the Astbury role - take a big forward, few marks, spoils and dish it off to a proper rebounder.

Doesn't mean I won't be thrilled if he's always good by foot.

Rance was far more athletically gifted. Hope I’m proven wrong but I don’t see it with young.
Agreed, Rance is an athletic freak. Just remember, though, that in his first few years he could barely keep his feet (he would literally fall over himself trying to run) but he managed to turn it around, obviously. Give Young another year or two, he’s progressively getting better and better with his decision making and skills. Compared to his few handful of games where he would s**t the bed every time the ball came near him, he’s worlds apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back