Welcome Welcome to the list - Tylar Young Rookie pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Astbury was a genuine A grade stopper, and decent otherwise. The media and other club;s supporters couldn't see his talent cause he wasn't funky. Just damn good at his job.

Reckon Young is like that. If he gets close to Dave's level we have a huge win
Name a better full back in the last 40 odd years at Richmond. Granted there is not much competition, which shows how hard a gig it is. Scotty Turner went okay. Young is such a bonus.

Name a better full back in the last 40 odd years at Richmond. Granted there is not much competition, which shows how hard a gig it is. Scotty Turner went okay. Young is such a bonus.

Rance

Sorry, did you just mean stopper?

This bloke and Gibcus really compliment each other well as the new Astbury and Rance. Just need a Grimes replacement (his last year I reckon) and we're set. I can see Bauer suiting that role if he can get his body right.

Young allows us to play around with the other talls to try and get that elusive AFL quality KPF. And he is damn good as stopper. Improve a bit in other aspects and we have a genuinely top end player.

Garthwaite. No 1 else in the history of the game has been praised for his efforts while he was sitting in the stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liability. So many punches that don't kill the ball and regularly loses track of where the ball is post marking contest.
Not AFL level. Said it since he debuted.
When they play contests in slow motion that he is involved in , his eyes are generally upon players around him rather than the ball . It’s a really bad sign that for what ever reason he doesn’t make/ have the ball as his primary object and it’s nerve racking when he does get the ball.

He's a good defender but not up against the Giants more like a third forward type. But we don't have a choice as we don't have anyone else now that we have decided Balta is a forward.
last week He and Gibcus did better in the 2nd half once our midfield started playing.

Miller must play I suppose. and Brown?

Broad used to play on Hipwood

last week He and Gibcus did better in the 2nd half once our midfield started playing.

Miller must play I suppose. and Brown?

Broad used to play on Hipwood
Don't know what has happened to Broad his first two games have been unlike him. I don't know who to play honestly all the ones that may come in are eg brown tresize might be undersized. Guess we can play 2 rucks and they can alternate ruck and defence.

Seems to have gone backwards this year.
Maybe it's the pressure of being the #2 .Getting the 2nd best fwd instead of the 3rd is too much of a step.

Young has had 2 extremely difficult tasks, we just watched the Brisbane defence led by Harris Andrews get bossed by the same forward line. He will be fine, but of course is going to be assigned better quality and bigger opponents for longer in games given the make of our defence this season.

Seems to have gone backwards this year.
Maybe it's the pressure of being the #2 .Getting the 2nd best fwd instead of the 3rd is too much of a step.
He often took the best forward last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back