Travis Cloke - Realistic expectations for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, as if it's real mate! Lol.

Sorry about that, I thought the number was so totally ridiculous that only the totally humour bereft wouldn't see the stupidity. Take your serious hat off for a while.

:DSorry mate knew you were taking the piss meant it got real based on Gia confirming Trav is coming.

What output will you be happy with in games and goals...or whatever measure we use to assess KPFs these days?

:DSorry mate knew you were taking the piss meant it got real based on Gia confirming Trav is coming.

What output will you be happy with in games and goals...or whatever measure we use to assess KPFs these days?

I would be happy with 1-1.5 goals a game and demanding the opposition number one backman and 3 tackles a game. Also the effect of straightening us up a little.

It's amazing that with tomorrow nights game, this isn't the biggest news for our club at the moment. I think it's good news, it will put pressure on all to perform in the forward line. And maybe ruck.

It's interesting. The fact that he's coming to us for a much less lucrative contract means that he really must either be buying into us being able to help him turn it around or that he wants a genuine shot with us.
Or he just didnt let the pops handle the negotiations this time.

It's interesting. The fact that he's coming to us for a much less lucrative contract means that he really must either be buying into us being able to help him turn it around or that he wants a genuine shot with us.

he doesn't need the money. he's bled us dry for 4 years.

I think he has more to offer and I'm disappointed he wasn't prepared to fight for his spot.

i reckon he will be perfect for the dogs. fast ball movement suits players like him.

True, Cloke can read the play and lead to space.. Can his legs keep up though, we'll find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him + Crameri into our side next year.....pretty much sure thing of 80+ goals added to us for the year.

Who does the opposition send their first defender to?

Cloke, Toyd, Stringerm Crameri? When Toyd improves, our forward line is going to stretch the our opponents backline. This year so far is a bit of a surprise but 2017 is shaping as foreseen

Just hope that he takes number 1 defender and leaves tom boyd to reach his potential.

Stringer
Cloke
Boyd
Crameri

pretty good forward line.

More precisely, he'll take a defender away so that Boyd hopefully doesn't get double teamed by the opposition CHB & FB.

Anything less than 30 goals is a failure unless Bev can craft him into a sweeping wing player a bit like N.Reiwoldt the past few years

I wont deny that I had to look up the term "Wantaway."

Like there weren't enough Americanism's in our game, now we have the other footballs creeping in.

Thank God, I'm not the only one.

Whatever happened to disgruntled?

Just wait a few weeks and we'll have every second presenter on SEN referring to 'The Big Dance'.

On Cloke, 40 goals a year would be handy.

Cloke, Stringer, Crameri, Boyd, Bontempelli, Dickson...

That's a spicy meat-a-ball.

Last edited:
Hard to judge on the last 12 months, he was in a different head space where for the first time in his career everything he did was under intense scrutiny and he was getting dropped when he played poorly or well.

Still tall and quick off the mark with very good hands, good pack marking key forwards are still rare (one of few who tested Rance). Just keep the quick guys on hand to accept the hand pass if he is within 30 meters of goal ><. I think he will be good value for a couple of years and might surprise by going on longer like many 30 something 198cm players. I would have taken him ...

Finey was having a say tonight about us signing him - said its a mistake
I heard a little of that.
I also heard a Bulldogs guy call him and say that he some info that he was going to play in our backline next year.
While Finey would take a negative view to us recruiting him I certainly don't.
No disrespect to Zaine , but having him at as a high CHF exites me.
I would be stunned if the plan was to play him in the backline, really not sure where that guy who called up got his info from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back