Travis Cloke - Realistic expectations for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously depends on what you have to give up for him, but if it is for basically nothing I would be happy for him to be the CHF/Running wing type for the next few years. Cloke, Crameri, Boyd, luke dahlhaus, Stringer doesn't sound too bad ...

As long as hes fit and runs up the ground to the lead hard and crashes the packs with everything, he will be a positive. I think you guys have enough other players who can do the goal kicking part of it.

Cloke will kick 30 plus goals. Playing the hit up mainly but he'll get off the leash occasionally when opposition structure can't match up and bag 4. 4 other dogs will kick 30 plus: Tory, stewy, jaky and Tommy.

Probably a tad off topic, but seeing Cloke played for Collingwood...
X4kjlto.png

What's wrong with Lin Jong huh? We love him here I think it's overs.

PS apparently Trav loves our facilities. We dressed him up in mad Monday gear and we snuck him in the back door of the vacant Barkers cafe vacated by Mont.
Heard we dressed him up as redpath to get him on the ground for Thursday

A flag is a flag.

Ever heard of the expression 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'?

Yeah, it's a risk, but it's a very low-cost risk and if it fails, it won't have cost much, if it succeeds, the 1954 cup might finally have some company.

I think getting Cloke will be great for us, to be completely honest. It doesnt really matter how many marks he takes or goals he kicks, he could do nothing every game and still be useful to us. Just having him there to draw attention away from Jake, Stew and Tory will make him worth having. Those guys are all capable of kicking a match winning bag.

Ill throw in Paul Hudson also. Cook wasnt a total failure either I dont think.
I always liked James Cook. I think that he did his job, and .... six goals in a preliminary final. He did absolutely everything that he could to get the dogs over the line that day, and his end of year form that year was incredible and was one of the reasons why they should have gone all the way that year!

I loved how he'd lead to absolutely impossible angles every single time, and I'd think 'crap, there's no way that he can kick it from there', but every time, he'd put it through! Whenever he took a mark straight in front, he'd miss!

David Shwartz's comments were particularly ignorant. He clearly hasn't paid attention to the improvement in Boyd's ruck work and around the ground play.
I've heard Schwartz be critical of Boyd previously and compares his performance on the number of goals he kicks. I very much doubt he has actually watched him play this year because he seems to have no idea Tom is used in the ruck and his time in the forward line limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always liked James Cook. I think that he did his job, and .... six goals in a preliminary final. He did absolutely everything that he could to get the dogs over the line that day, and his end of year form that year was incredible and was one of the reasons why they should have gone all the way that year!

I loved how he'd lead to absolutely impossible angles every single time, and I'd think 'crap, there's no way that he can kick it from there', but every time, he'd put it through! Whenever he took a mark straight in front, he'd miss!
Unfortunately Cookie wouldn't have played n the GF if we had won because he was suspended for snotting someone in the prelim.

What am I expecting...
  • Collingwood to pay most of Cloke pay as Cloke is a one or two year proposition only suitable for a Victorian Club on the verge... or Essendon.
  • Morris to sit on Cloke and keep him focused
  • The club to give Cloke a set of realistic expectations and a plan a if it doesn't work out.
  • The glove is not part of the deal - it's a clutch
  • Boyd, Cordy and Cloke not to drink together
This could be the Lakey of Hawthorn or the Liam Jones of Carlton. Happy with OP 15 games with 25 goals.
Why would we pay any of his contract, he is your problem now. Also he had to meet performance triggers in his 4th year to earn a big pay day in the fifth year of the deal. I would guess getting dropped three times means he has failed to reach them

Lol no way Jong would play 10 seasons at the Pies.

On Cloke I think his body is cooked I cant see him doing much, all the best to you guys trying to get something out of him.
Why would we pay any of his contract, he is your problem now. Also he had to meet performance triggers in his 4th year to earn a big pay day in the fifth year of the deal. I would guess getting dropped three times means he has failed to reach them
So there's a guy contracted to your club at 400k next year who is "cooked", and you think that's our problem?

So there's a guy contracted to your club at 400k next year who is "cooked", and you think that's our problem?
Well you are the ones chasing him and I can't see anyone at Collingwood standing in you way, so unless Richmond come up with a better deal Cloke will become a Dog in 2017

Didn't he say he completed 98% of the training load this year? His highest ever? How is his body shot?

Well you are the ones chasing him and I can't see anyone at Collingwood standing in you way, so unless Richmond come up with a better deal Cloke will become a Dog in 2017
Ok, but what if we don't want to offer him 400k? You either pay some of his salary and trade him or pay all of it and keep him.

Ok, but what if we don't want to offer him 400k? You either pay some of his salary and trade him or pay all of it and keep him.

I wonder how close Collingwood will come to the 95% of the cap with the retiring players & Cloke wanting to leave, they'd have room to chase someone decent next season with all of their freed up cap space.

A flag is a flag.

Ever heard of the expression 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'?

Yeah, it's a risk, but it's a very low-cost risk and if it fails, it won't have cost much, if it succeeds, the 1954 cup might finally have some company.
Pretty sure scragcity was talking about Footscray, not to be confused with the western bulldogs.

Unless the Bulldogs don't want to pay Cloke what he will get if he stays at Collingwood. You might yet end up paying Travis $400k to play in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back