Melbourne - What am I missing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne is a great town and have had plenty of fun there, but zero interest in living there. Would miss being able to go for a surf before/after work or head out for a dive in summer for a feed of crayfish.

Great place to ride your fixie down to Northcote for a $10 glass of overpriced craft beer tho.

$10 a pint or $10 a pot? A tenner for a pint of good beer is good value. Considering a pint of Heineken will set you back about $13 in Perth.

Moving to Ellenbrook? Thought you were better than that
Ellenbrooks fine.

Once we get a cinema, I'll never have to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really think Melbourne drivers are the worst.
Haha lionaround.

(Australian drivers are among the worst in the world generally - impatient, pushing in, indicators etc)

Could never live in Adelaide, being so close to both McLaren Vale and Barossa would mean the end of my liver. Great town though. Only place I've ever seen a pub with a driving range in it.

Doesn't exist anymore. Now is a Big Jungle themed Brazilian restaurant with Slippery dips for kids n s**t.

Just watching the news and saw something completely ridiculous which could only happen in Malbun. A food truck for ******* dogs. Run by and frequented by obligatory short back and sides Lesbian couples.

Doesn't exist anymore. Now is a Big Jungle themed Brazilian restaurant with Slippery dips for kids n s**t.

Just watching the news and saw something completely ridiculous which could only happen in Malbun. A food truck for ******* dogs. Run by and frequented by obligatory short back and sides Lesbian couples.
Shame about the golf pub, although a pub with slippery dips would be great fun.

No surprise re the pop up dog restaurant, pretty sure the lesbians would vote green, have shitty beards and ride their fixies(seats optional) there. Go Melbs.

Pot effectively, but not in a standard pot glass, gives licence to charge more. Same happens in Perf. Bring back the pony!
Never paid that for a pot in Melbourne in my life.
No it isn't.

It's difficult to find, but it's still not good value.
Ten dollars is like the standard for a pint in most inner city places. Very easy to find and isn't that bad. Drinking in Australia is just ridiculously overpriced.

If you're a bit more selective about where you drink and take advantage of happy hours, you'll never pay over $10 and often pay $6 and under. Parkview on St Georges Rd has Brunswick Bitter pints for $5 all day every day.
Yeah that's true. Actually had a really cheap Sunday session last week in Richmond.

Problem is a lot of the time I'm drinking at peak times when the footy is on or when it's simply a Friday/Saturday night and there's not really too many great deals going at any good places. I also can't stand going to a place simply to save a bit of coin. Typically means I have to drink some crappy stuff or it isn't worth it.

Thanks for all the posts on the shittiness of Melbourne. Really looking forward to my flight there tomorrow now. Haha.

I hope you weren't coming to see Geelong in the Grand Final. Oops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back