List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 1st rd pick for gibbs
Lyons to gc for pick 22
Either keep 13 and 22 for the draft and load up on young talent or offer them for a gun midfielder like martin

What would you guys expect for Gibbs?

Here's what I think and why.

A first rounder would have to be there. Either this years or maybe even next years first.
Next years may be even better as GWS would have a premium on it given their needs and that may be enough for Marchbank, Stewart & Pickett +

There will be no two first rounders regardless of what Adelaide get back.
Given Gibbs is contracted an additional second rounder could seal the deal although it's relative for what we can do with it.
Next years second rounder alone may be enough for Marchbank and we deal with the other GWS players separately.

It's not as easy as it used to be as it's all relative to not just what you can get in but for what you can apply those picks to.
Being able to trade next years draft picks has opened things up enormously.

SA.

Both sets of Charlie's grandparents are in Adelaide.
Barossa valley girl if I am not mistaken(?). My old man knows her old man. The old man doesn't say much about it, probably because he doesn't know much.

I wonder if the much-publicised danger-go-home move has forced a re-think - assiming mrs Gibbs is the driving factor here, of course.

Barossa valley girl if I am not mistaken(?). My old man knows her old man. The old man doesn't say much about it, probably because he doesn't know much.

I wonder if the much-publicised danger-go-home move has forced a re-think - assiming mrs Gibbs is the driving factor here, of course.
Is he worried people will ask if she has Bryces balls in a jar somewhere?

Does c4'door or whatever his name still use bigfooty? I can't remember his exact name so I haven't been able to stalk him down! EDIT - just found his name, hasn't been on in 10 odd months :(

I'd be over the moon with Gibbs for a first and a non best 22 player. Would fap hard if we then moved our 2017 pick and another non best 22 player for Rockliff.

Give up two picks that won't really be ready to contribute to the team for 4 odd years and bring in two guys that improve the biggest weakness in our team and are at their peaks. Our midfield goes from an average one to one of the stronger ones.

I think getting both is pretty unreasonable but I'd be happy with either, would show we're making a serious effort to actually make the most of our 'premiership window' rather then sitting on our hands and hoping we'll somehow just take those few extra steps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably true, but tredders was the first to crack the Jeremy Cameron offer, so he isn't completely full of hot air.

Im starting to get the sneaking suspicion that Treaders has multiple accounts on here just to troll our board.

I can picture him at home on his laptop snickering to himself as we post.

See, the thing with this is, what's the proof we'll get a game-winner with our first rounder? There's literally none.

Also, Gibbs can be a game winner - see the Carlton v Geelong game earlier this year
Last number of roughly equivalent first round picks:
Lever
Milera

Happy to swap any of those two for 28 yo Gibbs?

HH is not a midfielder, even the port supporters don't think he can play there.

I don't want Hartlett (unless the conditions are very favourable) but I would assume that getting him would mean he plays Brodie Smith's role in the back-line and Smith goes onto a wing. So it would improve the midfield without Hartlett ever playing there.

Gibbs is contracted player and in this case it is not the player or the destination club that hold the cards

Like GWS last year Carlton don't have to trade and I doubt Gibbs will return home and step out of footy

If we want Gibbs it will cost us in a trade, if you can't understand this logic then I can't help you
You still didn't explain the logic outlined in my post ?

Rather Grigg, Wigg may be something we regret but we obviously don't rate Grigg. (I would like to see him get an AFL gig somewhere.)

Too old. Too fat.

Nah, I really wish we would give him a go. But he has no worth on the.open market.

Gibbs would be a great get, hopefully his wife wants to come home.
Gibbs would instantly become the best kick at our club.

His wife comes back to Adelaide a lot, now they are parents with both of their families here hopefully they want to move back.

Bryce's dad was a great footballer and I think he played about 350 wafl/SANFL games over about 13 years from memory, hopefully Bryce takes after his dad in games played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back