Reserves:
Buntine Mohr Himmelberg
Cumming Corr Kennedy
Kennedy De Boer Mzungu
Perryman Sproule Tiziani
Finn Finlayson Reid
Simpson Taranto Setterfield
Lloyd Top up Top up Top up

Experienced depth in kpf is a real worry.

Have at it...

Last edited:
I would have Buntine ahead of Tomlinson (still may go) with macreadie ( should be our priority) pushing for a spot

Williams Davis Haynes
Shaw Tomlinson Wilson
Kelly Ward Whitfield
Greene Cameron Johnson
Lobb Patton Smith
Mummy Cogs Shiel
Hopper Kennedy Griffen Scully

Have at it...
Pretty good. Assuming you mean Bam Bam Kennedy? I'd be looking for another mid size or tall playing small defender in leu of Bam Bam (hope he does make best 22 next year though). Buntine, A Kennedy or Himmelberg in that order to pick up that spot. Tommo I agree with, but Corr to be breathing down his neck from the get go.

Isn't our best 22 next year the same as our best 22 this year?

Wouldn't mind seeing someone pushing Patfull out for starters with better play, purely on an age basis.

I would have thought Corr would be a great replacement for Patful this year, the extra height gives your KPDs more balance.

Buntine Davis Haynes
Shaw Corr Wilson

Scully Coniglio Kelly

Greene Cameron Griffen
Smith Patton Lobb

Mumford Shiel Ward

Whitfield Williams Tomlinson Hopper

You'd think Himmelburg with another off season in the gym, or Corr surely.

I typed Himmelberg but then deleted it after remembering he'd still only be a second year player. It'll be interesting to see who grabs a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the 2016 finishing 22 is (barring injury & major form change over the off season) the 2017 starting best 22, except for Buntine coming in for Patfull (presuming he stays for 1 more year) who becomes depth:

Williams Davis Haynes
Shaw Tomlinson Wilson
Kelly Ward Whitfield
Greene Cameron Johnson
Lobb Patton Smith
Mummy Cogs Shiel
Hopper Buntine Griffen Scully

I reckon the 2016 finishing 22 is (barring injury & major form change over the off season) the 2017 starting best 22, except for Buntine coming in for Patfull (presuming he stays for 1 more year) who becomes depth:

Williams Davis Haynes
Shaw Tomlinson Wilson
Kelly Ward Whitfield
Greene Cameron Johnson
Lobb Patton Smith
Mummy Cogs Shiel
Hopper Buntine Griffen Scully
I dont know what's going on with Bunts, something is I think. He's had a lot of concussions and said himself it caused problems last year. On the other hand if he had health problems he wouldn't be playing NEAFL. He's in the leadership group for a reason. As for Barret I hope he doesn't just become a NEAFL player. One on one he's the defender that makes me most confident we'll rebound. Leon's said repeatedly it's a brutal game, and players will drop away I guess.

I'd think any one of Corr, Buntine or Himmelburg could get a crack into the best 22 next year. Not sure who'd I'd have my money on doing that yet though. I think Tomlinson will hold his spot in the back, got more and more comfortable as the year went on. Also think as the year goes on Stevie J will start to drop off a bit, or get managed, with Bam Bam Kennedy being a potential suitor of his position.

I'd think any one of Corr, Buntine or Himmelburg could get a crack into the best 22 next year. Not sure who'd I'd have my money on doing that yet though. I think Tomlinson will hold his spot in the back, got more and more comfortable as the year went on. Also think as the year goes on Stevie J will start to drop off a bit, or get managed, with Bam Bam Kennedy being a potential suitor of his position.
Unless we recruit a small in trade week maybe?. He did look comfortable up forward kicking 3 goals in his first game

Shaw Davis Buntine
Williams Corr Haynes
Whitfield Ward Scully
Greene Patton Smith
Lobb Cameron Bruest
Mumford Coniglio Shiel

Wilson, Kelly, Griffen Hopper

Emerg
Johnson, Tomlinson, M Kennedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaw Davis Buntine
Williams Corr Haynes
Whitfield Ward Scully
Greene Patton Smith
Lobb Cameron Bruest
Mumford Coniglio Shiel

Wilson, Kelly, Griffen Hopper

Emerg
Johnson, Tomlinson, M Kennedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Imagine a club who was able to leave out a bloke who kicked 40 goals the year before...

Where does Pickett and ahern stand? And I think Haynes will be a smilie for breakout aa season next year.

My team would be similiar to this year with Whitfield playing a more prominent role and Kennedy will be best 22 by seasons end

Where does Pickett and ahern stand? And I think Haynes will be a smilie for breakout aa season next year.

My team would be similiar to this year with Whitfield playing a more prominent role and Kennedy will be best 22 by seasons end
You mean Matt?

Yeah Matthew Kennedy sorry. Think Adam is still on the fringe somewhat
In which case agreed.
I dont know about Ahern and Pickett both looked capable of making it to me, watching the NEAFL. Others watch it more closely than me.
Ideally I'd like them both to have this years off season and see what happens. Trade week will tell.

Both injured; Ahern did his knee again late in the year, so he'll miss a second year. :'( Pickett should be recovered from his injury for pre-season training, so will have to start afresh. There are some reports that he's not trained as assiduously in the past as he could; if so, needs to pull his finger out in 2017 to make an impression. Has been some chatter about a possible trade; I'd have thought unlikely unless the poor training reports are true and GWS cuts losses.

Presuming that Steele moves on for more assured opportunity, then Matty Kennedy should take over the mantle as next mid/forward in line given his 2016 year. Therefore, any injuries to the midfielders (Griffen seems to have a few games out injured) or small/medium forwards (Dev Smith, Stevie J) would see him play a few more games - and perfect opportunity to force his way into the team permanently. I see Palmer now likely as depth and youth having a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back