Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Delusional talk, or delusional my idea for a trade?

If the latter, I'd have thought it'd be a win-win in principle at least. Pies get another experienced head, Brisbane get a potential young gun to help rebuild.

pies get a GUN

Lions get a maybe great player

If the Lions went for that deal they need there heads read as much as I love DeGoey

based on What?

Seriously this Rockliff is bad s**t is just that - complete s**t

bloke is a gun
He's the captain of his club and they're shopping him around. You don't do that unless there is something seriously wrong.

By all accounts he's a hugely divisive figure and one of the main reasons for the BLexit of recent years.

He's the captain of his club and they're shopping him around. You don't do that unless there is something seriously wrong.

By all accounts he's a hugely divisive figure and one of the main reasons for the BLexit of recent years.

So answer these 3 questions

1. Why do the players vote him in as captain each year.
2. Why does the footy department accept the nomination as captain.
3. Why do the board rubber stamp the recommendation from the football department.

See Danger Money s post above

Leigh Colbert left the cats
Ryan Griffin left the dogs
Cal Ward left the dogs.

Times a changing in player retention capability and desire to do so

3. Why do the board rubber stamp the recommendation from the football department.

Liked by 1000

Because.... ermm let me think again... Oh yeah, "Because"... Ermm that idea sounds silly as well...

Let me get back to you :))

Some criminal underrating of Rocky going on here. He carries a massive load each week carrying a pretty ordinary supporting cast and would thrive elsewhere IMO.

Lions should trade him, and won't get what he's worth at the trade table. But the club that pays a pick in the teens for him would be very well rewarded. No brainer for Adelaide IMO.

1. Probably so the have a reason to leave the following season.
2. Do you have faith in the Brisbane footy department of the past few seasons?
3. Do you have faith in the board?

Delusional talk, or delusional my idea for a trade?

If the latter, I'd have thought it'd be a win-win in principle at least. Pies get another experienced head, Brisbane get a potential young gun to help rebuild.
There is absolutely no way we will contemplate trading De Goey unless it's a forced move. For Rockliff, lol no thanks.

He's the captain of his club and they're shopping him around.

How do you know "they're" shopping him around? Fagan has explicitly said that no decisions on players will be made until he has spoken to each of them. As of four days ago he hadn't spoken to Rockliff (something he wants to do face-to-face) before making decisions. He was at the AFL draft combine on Thursday and Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also won the "Players' Players Award" at the recent club championships. Voted by the player group, on the basis of who was the best player in the most number of games across the season.

When it comes to Brisbane there are 100 questions you could ask starting with the word "why"

Also won the "Players' Players Award" at the recent club championships. Voted by the player group, on the basis of who was the best player in the most number of games across the season.
Who was his competition, exactly?

The fact so many Brisbane posters seem comfortable with him being traded (at the right price) speaks volumes.

The fact so many Brisbane posters seem comfortable with him being traded (at the right price) speaks volumes.

Theres certainly mixed messages.

Hes not for sale
Hes for sale at the right price
Hes for sale if he wants out
He doesnt want out
He does want out
Hes for sale

Because Brisbane Posters have a large amount of weight in club decisions.

I guess it'd explain why Bucks is still in his job, with the overwhelming Collingwood poster support...

1. They have bugger all candidates.

2. They have no clue and were all sacked.

3. The most incompetent board of all 18 clubs. Should have all stepped down for doubling down on Leppa.

Because Brisbane Posters have a large amount of weight in club decisions.

I guess it'd explain why Bucks is still in his job, with the overwhelming Collingwood poster support...
Your point about Bucks adds weight to my argument. Supporters generally know what's going on. We're not happy with Bucks for good reason. Likewise Lions supporters seem quite comfortable with the idea of Rocky leaving.

Would expect a great deal more angst if they rated him. Could you imagine the furore if Joel Selwood or Scott Pendlebury was shopped around?

Theres certainly mixed messages.

Hes not for sale
Hes for sale at the right price
Hes for sale if he wants out
He doesnt want out
He does want out
Hes for sale

I would have thought it's win-win! You guys can just choose whichever position you want and find a poster to believe that supports that! ;)

Your point about Bucks adds weight to my argument. Supporters generally know what's going on. We're not happy with Bucks for good reason. Likewise Lions supporters seem quite comfortable with the idea of Rocky leaving.

Would expect a great deal more angst if they rated him. Could you imagine the furore if Joel Selwood or Scott Pendlebury was shopped around?
No we've lost so many players over the years since our premiership reign that as supporters we've grown to except players leaving our club when they want out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back