News Barlow to be delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL.com and Barlow himself (via twitter) reporting he is to be delisted.

I love Mickey B, and I expect a lot of people will be upset, but I'm not that surprised in the end. I expect it's something as prosaic as money. With Barlow probably now ranked as our 4th (at best) inside midfielder the club probably just didn't want to pay him 300 k to sit on the pine.
I'm sure he will get a year or two somewhere. Be a shock seeing him out of the purple..

Sad to see Micky B depart as he has been a great servant of the club. A top end midfielder, a ripping bloke and great club man.

Taking the emotion out of it, probably the right call. The extra list spot will be handy to re-draft someone like DeLuca who improved significantly throughout 2016.

Heart and soul player for Fremantle, a real pity that the broken leg and then shoulder this year cut down on the number of games he should of played for us. Would fully expect him to get a gig elsewhere - all the best Micky B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the main reason we won 3 games in a row last year, without him it could have been zero.

Unless his shoulder is so bad he will miss 12 games, I'd be signing him as depth to cover off losing one of our other inside mid's again. Can't believe no other team wanted him, even for some low pick.

Feels like Bambi all over again :'(

Well that's disappointing. Best of luck to Mick and we know he'll add a lot to whatever list he ends up on.

Will never forget his first derby, round 6 2010 where BT made his man crush known to all and we smashed the eagles.

Last edited:
Damn. I think it might be a mistake.
But Barlow knew he was gone when he injured his shoulder. The club was open with him during the season.
I hope he has a club lined up, and that it isn't a club I can't respect. (Please don't be West Coast).

Will miss Micky, still very underrated IMO. Hopefully his injury won't prevent him from being picked up elsewhere. I could see a team like Geelong being interested.

Stunned that we let him go to make room for a pick #71 draftee. Makes absolutely no sense to me but accepting of the decision if we are fully committed to developing our youngsters. Although if we automatically select Dawson, Suban or DPearce this year I might be microwaving my membership.

Looking forward to seeing Micky being B22 with another club and tearing it up - he would have been fringe with us so he should get more opportunity elsewhere. Would be shocked if he doesn't have a bunch of other clubs wanting him but then again I thought there was almost no chance we'd let him go for nothing so who knows anymore?

For Freo, crossing fingers none of our ball winners get injured again this season, and that Blakely can show more consistency and defensive work because we might have a repeat of 2016 otherwise. Or are we looking at another mid who can play inside with pick #7? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back