2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amusing those who have the Bombers at or near bottom.

You start at the top and we have Woosher and his highly experienced staff. Facilities and physio, doctors and so on that are World Class. Plenty of back office and corporate support.

Count on 60-70,000 members and a friendly draw.

When you add the 5 guys we got Friday, PLUS the Draft Trade signing of CHF Stewart from GWS Holdings - literally a Joey clone, PLUS Kelly, Dea and Green as Free Agents, PLUS the games into Laverde, Langford, Tippa, Fantasia, Gleeson, Parish, Redman etc., PLUS the emergence of 200cm Hartley at Full Back and the big name scalps he collected in his first year PLUS the emergence of Zak Merrett as an elite mid PLUS the returning of the 10......

PLUS especially wait for the 2017 emergence of Draft Pick #6 last year, Aaron Francis who has taken a year to build a AFL body.

Good luck getting a game in the backline choosing from Baguley, Kelly, Dea, Hartley, Hurley, Tippa, (can play forward), McGrath, Hooker (can play forward, Gleeson, Francis (can play forward).......

If any doubt wander over the EFC Website and look at List when it is finalised after Monday where I expect we will take Xavier Richards who played for AFL Lovechild #1 in the Granny in PSD or one of the highly talented kids not picked up. Plus the Rookie.

Look out.......;)

Bottom four?.......:D:rolleyes:
You had a bottom 4 list before the suspensions and the only good football most of the returning guys have played in the last 5 years was when they were pumped full of peptides.

It's not a stretch to believe that a bunch of average players returning after a 12 month layoff will be even worse than they were when they were in the bottom 4 the year before.

You start at the top and we have Woosher and his highly experienced staff. Facilities and physio, doctors and so on that are World Class. Plenty of back office and corporate support.

When you add the 5 guys we got Friday, PLUS the Draft Trade signing of CHF Stewart from GWS Holdings - literally a Joey clone, PLUS Kelly, Dea and Green as Free Agents, PLUS the games into Laverde, Langford, Tippa, Fantasia, Gleeson, Parish, Redman etc., PLUS the emergence of 200cm Hartley at Full Back and the big name scalps he collected in his first year PLUS the emergence of Zak Merrett as an elite mid PLUS the returning of the 10......

PLUS especially wait for the 2017 emergence of Draft Pick #6 last year, Aaron Francis who has taken a year to build a AFL body.

Good luck getting a game in the backline choosing from Baguley, Kelly, Dea, Hartley, Hurley, Tippa, (can play forward), McGrath, Hooker (can play forward, Gleeson, Francis (can play forward).......

If any doubt wander over the EFC Website and look at List when it is finalised after Monday where I expect we will take Xavier Richards who played for AFL Lovechild #1 in the Granny in PSD or one of the highly talented kids not picked up. Plus the Rookie.

Look out.......;)

Lol what the * does members have to do with Essendon improving?
Bottom 4 last 2 years and won't be far off again in 2017

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. West Coast
4. Adelaide
5. Western Bulldogs
6. St Kilda
7. Melbourne
8. Geelong
9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Fremantle
13. Collingwood
14. Essendon
15. North Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. Richmond
18. Carlton
Their list isn't great, but with their infusion of players over the pre-season, I can't see Richmond finishing second from bottom.

And North bottom 4.... I can only LOL

Truly laughable. The WADA appeal would have deflated any team.
So accused cheats go through the proper process and that deflated them? I guess you also have sympathy for criminals as they make their way through the legal process only to be found guilty?

Sounds like a weak collective mentality to me. An undesirable trait for a team with an abundance of players coming off a 12 month layoff who will need to be mentally strong to be successful in their comeback. That type of break would be hard for quality players, let alone the bottom 4 standard players (again, based on 2015) that abound on Essendon's list.

Look out.......;)

You had me convinced at "plenty of back office and corporate support". I personally think Sandra from admin is going to be the difference for the Bombers next season.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. West Coast
4. Adelaide
5. Western Bulldogs
6. St Kilda
7. Melbourne
8. Geelong
9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Fremantle
13. Collingwood
14. Essendon
15. North Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. Richmond
18. Carlton

Come on, be honest, your heart says Carlton finish bottom (bad case of "Carlton hate" I suspect!) but your head knows we'll more than likely improve on last year (team on the up just like St Kilda): no way is the ladder position difference between St Kilda and Carlton going to be 12 spots!!!!! Delusional.:rolleyes:

1. Dogs
2. Cats
3. Pies
4. Swans
5. Hawks
6. Eagles
7. GWS (They are not as good as people think imo. On a side note what happens if Mumford hurts himself?)
8. Dockers
9. North
10. Crows
11. Essendon
12. Saints
13. Port
14. Suns
15. Tigers
16. Demons
17. Blues
18. Brisbane

Come on, be honest, your heart says Carlton finish bottom (bad case of "Carlton hate" I suspect!) but your head knows we'll more than likely improve on last year (team on the up just like St Kilda): no way is the ladder position difference between St Kilda and Carlton going to be 12 spots!!!!! Delusional.:rolleyes:
Not necessarily, Carlton are one of the hardest teams to place next year imo. They really could finish anywhere from near the 8 to the bottom four as all the teams that finished below Carlton could very well finish above the Blues. But in saying that, it looks like you've got a coach who is taking you in the right direction and the improvement that will come from your new players as well as within could very well improve the Blues ladder position and they could finish near the 8.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Melbourne
6. West Coast
7. Essendon
8. Geelong

9. Fremantle
10 Port
11. St Kilda
12. Hawthorn
13. Richmond
14. Gold Coast
15. Carlton
16. Collingwood
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

You had me convinced at "plenty of back office and corporate support". I personally think Sandra from admin is going to be the difference for the Bombers next season.
She is a gritty in and under operator with high intensity. Definately improves the list

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

So accused cheats go through the proper process and that deflated them? I guess you also have sympathy for criminals as they make their way through the legal process only to be found guilty?

Sounds like a weak collective mentality to me. An undesirable trait for a team with an abundance of players coming off a 12 month layoff who will need to be mentally strong to be successful in their comeback. That type of break would be hard for quality players, let alone the bottom 4 standard players (again, based on 2015) that abound on Essendon's list.

Ah the keyboard warrior who's tougher than those weak ol' footballers...aye...aye laddy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look out.......;)

Id think dons would be one of the favourites to finish bottom 4

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Melbourne
6. West Coast
7. Essendon
8. Geelong

9. Fremantle
10 Port
11. St Kilda
12. Hawthorn
13. Richmond
14. Gold Coast
15. Carlton
16. Collingwood
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne
With all due respect essendon are a fair way off making the 8. Reckon 8 wins would be a great result

Look out.......;)

You start at the top and we have Hird and Thompson and their highly experienced staff - a new world class facility, corporate backing, lots of members, new draft picks plus plus plus.

Yeah we have heard it all before. Didn't buy it then - not buying it now.

Kelly, Dea, Green (and potentially Richards) added as Free Agents, PLUS the games into Laverde, Langford, Tippa, Fantasia, Gleeson, Parish, Redman, PLUS the emergence of 200cm Hartley at Full Back who claimed big scalps in his first year PLUS the emergence of Zach Merrett as an elite mid PLUS the returning of the 10......

Good luck getting a game in the backline choosing from Baguley, Kelly, Dea, Hartley, Hurley, McGrath, can play forward, Gleeson, plus Tippa, Hooker and Francis (who can play forward)

Edited for relevancy ;)

Do essendon fans genuinely expect finals next year?

Why not? Sportsbet has us as ninth line for flag. We should have won 5-6 games this year. Hopefully last three top ten picks plus Z Merrett's rise can turn it around. 4 All Australians back with no saga hanging over their head. Definitely think top 8. Other than top 3-4 teams the rest of league are fairly even.

Oh and North is 16th in flag betting so not sure why the lols

Why not? Sportsbet has us as ninth line for flag. We should have won 5-6 games this year. Hopefully last three top ten picks plus Z Merrett's rise can turn it around. 4 All Australians back with no saga hanging over their head. Definitely think top 8. Other than top 3-4 teams the rest of league are fairly even.

Oh and North is 16th in flag betting so not sure why the lols
Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back