Pre Season and Rookie draft thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with Freo's pick 50?

What's going on with Freo's pick 50?
I don't think it's correct. Sam Simpson is shown as a Sydney selection but Geelong nominated him father son, so I think the AFL draft tracker might be wrong.

Maybe a glitch after the late change with Brisbane ending up with pick 37 which wasn't originally the order.

X Richards is a good enough player. Some very raw players where picked up as well.

How dose something like this happen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Richards has looked extremely average at AFL level and has just about reached his ceiling. Will struggle in the VFL next season.

Isn't there a last few days for FAs to be picked up, or is that it?

Final list lodgement isn't until 30/11 correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richards has looked extremely average at AFL level and has just about reached his ceiling. Will struggle in the VFL next season.
It just shocks me that a player can be best say 35 in a grandfinal team and later that year some kid who is short fat unfit with bad skills playing out in woop woop gets drafted.

It just shocks me that a player can be best say 35 in a grandfinal team and later that year some kid who is short fat unfit with bad skills playing out in woop woop gets drafted.

I think Richards has proved not be AFL standard while short and fat although unlikely shows he has more talent.

I think Richards has proved not be AFL standard while short and fat although unlikely shows he has more talent.
Lets agree to disagree. Some of those rookie picks. Eww.

Only thing these kids have going is there 18.

Lets agree to disagree. Some of those rookie picks. Eww.

Only thing these kids have going is there 18.

Says a lot about clubs opinions of Richards if they are willing to take a punt on a player whose best attribute is his age over him.

Would you rather the 44th player on your list be a D grader with no further potential or someone who has a 5% of being an A grader?
Richards just played in a afl grad final. I know im exaggerating as well. But im not here trying to pump up say a litherland who just missed out.

Some really notable omissions this year, might have it wrong but fifty picks and only four of the ten highlighted by Twomey on the AFL website got taken!

X Richards may have been led astray by his manager as there was a modest contract offer from the Swans which he didn't sign, but instead he chose to look around in Melbourne for a new club then when he got back to the Swans they had withdrawn the offer - ouch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back