List Mgmt. Rookie Draft 2016 (Got Eddy Bretts, pillaged SNUFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely floored by Jonty not getting drafted. Something must have been amiss that we're not privy to. Has to be.

His beep test was terrible for a midfielder. I guess combined with a questionable kick and poor pace, clubs maybe didnt think he could improve the physical side of his game. I can't believe he missed out.

Macca any details on our 3rd selection...Lienert?

Had a big year this year for Sturt, played in their premiership. I guess he's kind of like a Westhoff.

They just interviewed that Sam Draper lad on the radio & he's crazy excited about being picked up, said he just finished year 12 & got a job at Toy's r us.

My mates said he uploaded his own highlights package & sent it to clubs, should've given it a plug on AA lol.

Yeah he did. Its a good highlights package. Only played footy for 12 months. Good on him!

They just interviewed that Sam Draper lad on the radio & he's crazy excited about being picked up, said he just finished year 12 & got a job at Toy's r us.

My mates said he uploaded his own highlights package & sent it to clubs, should've given it a plug on AA lol.
I didn't think he'd get drafted but I'm stoked that he did, he really wants it.

Gotta admit it was a pretty great interview just to hear his genuine enthusiasm & excitement, compare that to the sour puss entitled attitude from Berry & his reaction at getting picked up by the Lions I don't think some kids that get drafted realise how lucky they are.
A lot come from rich private schools and just expect everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few interesting cases of players not getting another chance:

From Grand Final to scrapheap: Richards headlines players without a club
Richards was not the only experienced player overlooked on Monday with former West Coast defender Mitch Brown also failing to get picked up despite playing in the Eagles' losing elimination final team.

Brown played 94 games and had to overcome two knee reconstructions during his career.

Former Melbourne co-captain Jack Grimes also missed out on a rookie spot after playing in the VFL Grand Final.

Dawes, Mitch Clark, Dempsey, O'Shea, and Mackenzie with the latter three there a little surprising.

I think you guys should go easy on Berry. His mum died of cancer and just maybe he was tearing up at the thought of her not being there to see his greatest achievement in his short life.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-...f-driving-jarrod-berrys-crack-at-the-big-time
Didn't know about that at all, terribly sad story and his emotional reaction makes a lot more sense after reading that.

At the time he just looked like a first round Vic lad that wasn't happy with where he ended up & it just happened to get caught on live TV.

Good reminder not to jump to conclusions on what looks bad just on face value when there could be a valid reason for looking shattered other than being picked up by Brisbane.

What's O'Shea up to next year then? My money's on Red Rooster

1784.jpg

After reading the reasons behind Shaw's redrafting, good on the Crows. But I must ask why did they pick him with their first pick and then pass in the second round before finally taking Jarman with their last pick? Is their any logic, other than behind troll campaigners?

Essentially Jarman gets drafted behind a guy who's retired from concussion and someone who doesn't exist.

After reading the reasons behind Shaw's redrafting, good on the Crows. But I must ask why did they pick him with their first pick and then pass in the second round before finally taking Jarman with their last pick? Is their any logic, other than behind troll campaigners?

Essentially Jarman gets drafted behind a guy who's retired from concussion and someone who doesn't exist.
They didn't want him so they were just giving all the other clubs an opportunity to pick him up.

Someone (I don't know who) pressured them into guaranteeing Jarman a spot if nobody else drafted him. Weird situation.

They didn't want him so they were just giving all the other clubs an opportunity to pick him up.

Someone (I don't know who) pressured them into guaranteeing Jarman a spot if nobody else drafted him. Weird situation.
Their customers were unhappy, it's a business decision. Hope they never change. At least we know the customers never will :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back