List Mgmt. Rookie Draft 2016 (Got Eddy Bretts, pillaged SNUFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

So people were saying we should re-draft O'Shea with pick 31, but every other single club wasn't interested...

lol dude, it's pretty clear everyone was extracting the urine.

tbf we have done it too. We drafted a reality TV show contestant because it was his dream to play for Port.

...He chose us, he was free and it gave us a brief spike in exposure. I'm not seeing the negatives here.

...He chose us, he was free and it gave us a brief spike in exposure. I'm not seeing the negatives here.
I don't see it that Powerade 08 is saying the Wagner scenario was a negative. Rather that it's not a million miles removed from the Crows taking Jars Jnr to placate the customers. I get that.

They didn't want him so they were just giving all the other clubs an opportunity to pick him up.

Someone (I don't know who) pressured them into guaranteeing Jarman a spot if nobody else drafted him. Weird situation.
Actually I think they had to use their last pick on him because they said they would rookie him and no one else bid on him in the rookie draft. exactly like the f/s bidding in main draft.

So people were saying we should re-draft O'Shea with pick 31, but every other single club wasn't interested...
Rainier Wolfcastle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saturday tizer article from wrinkles"portz killing sanfl via rookie draft".
Definitely time for an angry old man to yell at Port.

If you want a laugh head over to Safooty.net and under SANFL take your pick of topics but 2017 player movement is a bit of gold. One person suggesting to add players to our rookie list we should of had to trade for them.

If you want a laugh head over to Safooty.net and under SANFL take your pick of topics but 2017 player movement is a bit of gold. One person suggesting to add players to our rookie list we should of had to trade for them.
Yeah bugger development and giving players a chance at a full time footy career. #grassrootsfooty

They'll get Reynolds like they got Kirkwood, Beard, Sawford etc

Far cough SANFL flogs

Actually I think they had to use their last pick on him because they said they would rookie him and no one else bid on him in the rookie draft. exactly like the f/s bidding in main draft.
They didn't nominate him as a father/son though?

Either way, I know for fact that they weren't interested, but that changed when it looked like no other club was going to pick him either.

They didn't nominate him as a father/son though?

Either way, I know for fact that they weren't interested, but that changed when it looked like no other club was going to pick him either.

Oh no, they shrewdly outwitted every other club and got a SOAG for practically NOTHING!

After reading the reasons behind Shaw's redrafting, good on the Crows. But I must ask why did they pick him with their first pick and then pass in the second round before finally taking Jarman with their last pick? Is their any logic, other than behind troll campaigners?

Essentially Jarman gets drafted behind a guy who's retired from concussion and someone who doesn't exist.
I posted this elsewhere ... but they didnt take Jarman "with their last pick" ... He automatically became theirs as a father/son rookie pre-selection, when the Preseason draft closed earlier. The AFL automatically assigned Jarmen to their last pick, even before the rookie draft had begun.

Last edited:

saxa-so-low-50-less-sodium-salt-.jpg

Which club rookied Butcher?
Butch will go back home, play for the side coached by his old man and kick 150 goals......

and either 45 pts or about 237 pts.

Butch will go back home, play for the side coached by his old man and kick 150 goals......

and either 45 pts or about 237 pts.
So all those people worried that Butcher, just like Mason Shaw, will be rookied by another AFL club and go on to show up Ports can sleep well at night now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back