2017 St.Kilda Membership Thread (CLUB RECORD 42,094 - 01/08/17)

Remove this Banner Ad

And in less important news, but still related, I got my digital subscription code today. And guess what, it expires in DECEMBER next year, rather than the beginning of October like this year... which meant all the coverage of Draft Night will now also be included!

There it is, 31,000.

The team heads off now until January 6th, so we will probably get little to no updates from then until now. Hoping the momentum can keep going into the new year and pre-season. I'm still hopeful of 45,000 this year!

And remember you can still buy your membership for $1 now and pay the rest in the new year. The offer runs until the 31st of December regardless of if we hit the target or not. So get on it!

The club should be a juggernaut

watters120419getty60_19760kp-19760ku.jpg
I do recall him saying that.....lol.

And the good news just keeps on getting better....I just saw on the "Saints back to Moorabbin " thread that the Hun is running the story that the VCAT action has been dropped....

YABBA DABBA !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see the problem with him saying that, he was right, and I know I'm repeating myself here. I heard that he pissed off a few Saints people with that speech but the truth hurts.

The club should be as big as the biggest Vic clubs, if we'd had got those flags in our GFs and/or if we'd had more competent admin down the years, we would be; no doubt.

When I heard Watters had said that, I thought "Good on him", i didn't think he was just telling us what we wanted to hear.

I'll go further and state that after the turgid football of Lyon (however successful it was), it was refreshing to see Watters make the team more dashing and attacking and that false dawn where Saad and Milera were linking up was pretty exciting. He tried to change the team to break the rigidity of the Lyon Cage that in hindsight was probably akin to Tim Watson taking Harvey & Burke out of the midfield to get other players to step up - too much too soon.

Of course ultimately as a coach Watters was naïve and probably not very good, certainly not a good man manager, and will go down in infamy with the likes of Blight and Watson as coaches that had our club in decline/going backwards on their watch.

There it is, 31,000.

The team heads off now until January 6th, so we will probably get little to no updates from then until now. Hoping the momentum can keep going into the new year and pre-season. I'm still hopeful of 45,000 this year!

How does one get this cushy job where they do not have to work tomorrow? I would so very much like to punch them in the face shake their hands.

Brilliant effort by everyone though. :thumbsu:

Terrific effort by the club and members.

Think the average value of what's counted as a membership has decreased considerably so the actual number is a little less meaningful.
It is more about the optics and building momentum from a good news story.
Nevertheless it requires a huge push to get it done and it's "mission accomplished".
Well done.

Terrific effort by the club and members.

Think the average value of what's counted as a membership has decreased considerably so the actual number is a little less meaningful.
It is more about the optics and building momentum from a good news story.
Nevertheless it requires a huge push to get it done and it's "mission accomplished".
Well done.
party-pooper.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back