2017 St.Kilda Membership Thread (CLUB RECORD 42,094 - 01/08/17)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happening with this StCicatriz?

Is it to do with the new Stadium?

yeap as part of the new stadium and the stadium deal the government saw an opportunity to grab some tickets.

theyve pinched 10k of them, which means the allocation to the saints will drop down to around 180 tickets from memory. when we have other a thousand WA members from memory

the 10k pinched tickets will be a mix of tourism package type tickets, super tickets and a large GA allocation

so its probably going to be more affordable for people to can the membership and just buy GA when they need it

theyve pinched 10k of them, which means the allocation to the saints will drop down to around 180 tickets from memory. when we have other a thousand WA members from memory
Thanks for the info StCicatriz.....that's gob smacking stuff!

In a new stadium of 60,000 capacity....they can only allocate is 180 for Saints members.

I'd be equally gob smacked if the club wasn't running hard on this one to get a deal/better deal for 2018 Saints W.A members..

If I ever get over there for a game for the first time...it's a cheapo GA for me.

Thanks for the info StCicatriz.....that's gob smacking stuff!

In a new stadium of 60,000 capacity....they can only allocate is 180 for Saints members.

I'd be equally gob smacked if the club wasn't running hard on this one to get a deal/better deal for 2018 Saints W.A members..

If I ever get over there for a game for the first time...it's a cheapo GA for me.

its been really disappointing, my fear is that the club will be caught on the hop on this at no fault of their own. they are not involved in the stadia deal negotiations which have been between the state government, the winning bidder to operate the stadium and the WAFC (who owns the eagles and dockers). i know the AFL have been involved but i am not sure as to what detail.

here is the link where the news broke:
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/revealed-winners-and-losers-in-stadium-deal-ng-b88500757z

i was bit down on my numbers: "424 complimentary tickets for the football club playing on the day"

424 is still a massive reduction when we are looking to boost membership

George i'm going to email the club, but it would be nice if maybe you can run this by your contacts there

its been really disappointing, my fear is that the club will be caught on the hop on this at no fault of their own. they are not involved in the stadia deal negotiations which have been between the state government, the winning bidder to operate the stadium and the WAFC (who owns the eagles and dockers). i know the AFL have been involved but i am not sure as to what detail.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/revealed-winners-and-losers-in-stadium-deal-ng-b88500757z

i was bit down on my numbers: "424 complimentary tickets for the football club playing on the day"

George i'm going to email the club, but it would be nice if maybe you can run this by your contacts there
ill put my offical hat on as Western Saints President .. we are aware of the ticketing issue as is the club unfortunatly nothing has been set in stone.
The WA membership grew to 1586 members this year and across both games in WA we had 600 tickets to each game .. honestly the ticketing issue hasnt really stopped WA members signing up we have a very large amount of regional WA members who cant make it to the game each year but they still are on board every year. The Western Saints will continue to work with the Club and im fairly confident we will work something out to get as many people game tickets when the team come to Perth ..

ill put my offical hat on as Western Saints President .. we are aware of the ticketing issue as is the club unfortunatly nothing has been set in stone.
The WA membership grew to 1586 members this year and across both games in WA we had 600 tickets to each game .. honestly the ticketing issue hasnt really stopped WA members signing up we have a very large amount of regional WA members who cant make it to the game each year but they still are on board every year. The Western Saints will continue to work with the Club and im fairly confident we will work something out to get as many people game tickets when the team come to Perth ..

legend Trav!!!!

it sounds like the WAFC are keeping our club in the dark?

also worth noting this is the "leaked" deal not the offical deal The AFL and the clubs will still have an input into the discussion

legend Trav!!!!

it sounds like the WAFC are keeping our club in the dark?
its not just our club all the non WA teams are unsure what games at the new stadium are going to look like .. behind the scenes the Western Saints are already in discussions with the venue hospitality group about a new venue for our Pre-game functions.. we are hopeful we will have more infomation to present to our members at our AGM that is going to be some time in November ... Rest assured the Western Saints are looking after the interests or all our WA members

its not just our club all the non WA teams are unsure what games at the new stadium are going to look like .. behind the scenes the Western Saints are already in discussions with the venue hospitality group about a new venue for our Pre-game functions.. we are hopeful we will have more infomation to present to our members at our AGM that is going to be some time in November ... Rest assured the Western Saints are looking after the interests or all our WA members
st_trav.......Well done on things there in W.A.

1,586 members is a fantastic number......hopefully a heap of them were at the Freo game....that was a win to savior.

I mentioned in George's half year feedback survey if he could request the club to look at a membership package that gets interstate members into the quota of games for that year in their state.

From what yr saying......the club is looking at all angles for interstate members.

Keep up the great work....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

st_trav.......Well done on things there in W.A.

1,586 members is a fantastic number......hopefully a heap of them were at the Freo game....that was a win to savior.

I mentioned in George's half year feedback survey if he could request the club to look at a membership package that gets interstate members into the quota of games for that year in their state.

From what yr saying......the club is looking at all angles for interstate members.

Keep up the great work....
WA is unique in the fact that ticketing has always been an issue for us mostly due to the size of Subi oval and the number of members the local teams have.. we are a footy mad state and a lot of the Victorian teams have a very strong following over here so collectivley we do have a voice that can get attention so the task is to try and unite as one to get a better deal for all of us (easier said than done).
Our task as the Western Saints is to give the WA members here in Perth the type of experiance that is the equal or better than a member in Melbourne gets in order to keep that member loyalty in-spite of the game day ticketing issues .. to do this we hold weekly game telecast functions at our home venue, we hold regular competitions and we are constantly engaging with our members via social media to make the WA member feel as though they are part of the club while being so far away from it..
Im quite ambitious when it comes to WA membership and our potential to grow as a group the Western Saints have provided the club with our roadmap on growing members in WA so im fairly confident for our future ...
if you want to know more about the Western Saintsi strongly suggest following us on Facebook (Western Saints Inc.)

Im quite ambitious when it comes to WA membership and our potential to grow as a group the Western Saints have provided the club with our roadmap on growing members in WA so im fairly confident for our future ...
Outstanding work there st_trav.

For sure mate, I will follow it up

Next year's membership growth and retention is going to depend more on the opening 6 weeks then anything that happens this year. Win 4 or 5 out of those opening rounds and people will flock based on the confidence that provides.

Getting a big marquee player like Kelly in will certainly help that but winning is the real biscuits.

Next year's membership growth and retention is going to depend more on the opening 6 weeks then anything that happens this year. Win 4 or 5 out of those opening rounds and people will flock based on the confidence that provides.

Getting a big marquee player like Kelly in will certainly help that but winning is the real biscuits.

I think you will find getting or losing champion players has much more impact than winning or losing. These days most members are signed before round one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been speaking to a few Saint members in my travels around the countryside and the common talk is that this year was a bigger disappointment than expected and they may not be interested in making the effort to travel to games next year..general opinion is we are going nowhere..first time I've heard them with this outlook.

Going out on high at the end of a season is very important for swaying lapsed members and even gaining new ones. We looked pretty ordinary at season's end..not inspiring at all.

Been speaking to a few Saint members in my travels around the countryside and the common talk is that this year was a bigger disappointment than expected and they may not be interested in making the effort to travel to games next year..general opinion is we are going nowhere..first time I've heard them with this outlook.

Going out on high at the end of a season is very important for swaying lapsed members and even gaining new ones. We looked pretty ordinary at season's end..not inspiring at all.

I think you should know that what is written here on Monday after a loss compared to the Friday before the next game proves supporters get over things pretty quickly. The last game result will have little bearing on next years figures. Getting a very good player will have much more influence.

No doubt it was disappointing and we all will have a different level of feeling towards that

But I do think a decent trade week will have them coming back. If not by the time the intraclub comes around they will be chomping at the bit for some football hopefully

Hopefully a good start to the year will get things moving

Yes......it was a disappointing year......but how disappointing a year depends on your expectations...and as a few above have said....everyone's expectations were different.

As I have said a few times before.....the 2 seasons after 2014 had expectation high that our upwards trend would just continue as these 2 years defied everyone's expectations......big time!

And really......we did have a few "soft" wins in 2016.......eg...Ess VFL side twice.

You can only add so many players to the list each year.......and none of our 2014 draft picks are playing regularly.......that certainly doesn't help.

I looked at it as a bit of a transition year.......some senior players retiring...Roo,Joey and Demps......Gilbo's still hanging in there.

And the younger players coming along getting to 50 games or building on that.

I truly believed that until the senior players retired......we wouldn't truly move forward.

They have been great for mentoring the younger players coming along over the last 3 years but I believe we are now past that phase.

As said above...come Feb/Mar....we will see the new generation of players and we'll all be pumped.....again !!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back