Memberships 2023 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,239 - CLUB RECORD)

Remove this Banner Ad

V disappointed with this, especially given inflation.

How does inflation have any effect on numbers of members?
In fact itā€™s probably a good number considering inflation and rising interest rates have
made money tighter for many.

Itā€™s a joke.
PXkPqzq.gif

Surely were about due for a father son?

We've been the most starved club of Father Son talent than any other team in the league!

Surely were about due for a father son?

We've been the most starved club of Father Son talent than any other team in the league!
I found it annoying last match watching Brett Bowelā€™s son playing against us.
Unfortunately Brett only played 87 games, which I think should be enough.

A big shoutout to the club and the Membership Team.

Being in Geelong these days itā€™s a little difficult to get back to my home town of Moorabbin. I had only been to RSEA Park on the one occasion since the club returned from the Seaford wastelands, and that was early on and it was a Sunday and everything was closed.

Having reached my 50 year membership last year I was advised that my name was added to an ā€˜honour boardā€™ for those of us who have paid up for 50+ years. I thought this would be a good excuse to make the trek.

I contacted the club and was advised I would be most welcome to come take a look, and to let them know when and they would organise a tour of the facilities. That day arrived last Wednesday and it was a wonderful experience.

Having arrived just in time to watch the players finishing up on the ground, we were then greeted by an enthusiastic young fella who had been assigned to show us around. We (my wife and I) first of all toured the DFC were another young staff member also enthusiastically showed us around and answered all our questions.

We then moved on to the honour board and other displays featuring the names of all players who have played at least one game for the Saints (where I spotted my Grand Uncleā€™s name due to his 3 games 1905).

Finally it was in to the inner sanctum where we saw the coaches hard at work planning the Demons downfall (perhaps not planning hard enough šŸ¤”) We saw Harves taking Mitch and the Pou through video footage at his desk, and Lenny and Boris returning from discussions. Players walking around everywhere. Just a terrific experience.

The staff took their time and continually queried whether we had any other questions, or wanted to see anything else.

We couldnā€™t have been any more impressed.

Bravo St Kilda Football Club ā¤ļøšŸ¤šŸ–¤

This is a photo of me standing next to the 50+ year members board, although Iā€™ve obviously had to take into account privacy issues šŸ˜ƒ

pJz8e3O.jpg

Being in Geelong these days itā€™s a little difficult to get back to my home town of Moorabbin. I had only been to RSEA Park on the one occasion since the club returned from the Seaford wastelands, and that was early on and it was a Sunday and everything was closed.

Having reached my 50 year membership last year I was advised that my name was added to an ā€˜honour boardā€™ for those of us who have paid up for 50+ years. I thought this would be a good excuse to make the trek.

I contacted the club and was advised I would be most welcome to come take a look, and to let them know when and they would organise a tour of the facilities. That day arrived last Wednesday and it was a wonderful experience.

Having arrived just in time to watch the players finishing up on the ground, we were then greeted by an enthusiastic young fella who had been assigned to show us around. We (my wife and I) first of all toured the DFC were another young staff member also enthusiastically showed us around and answered all our questions.

We then moved on to the honour board and other displays featuring the names of all players who have played at least one game for the Saints (where I spotted my Grand Uncleā€™s name due to his 3 games 1905).

Finally it was in to the inner sanctum where we saw the coaches hard at work planning the Demons downfall (perhaps not planning hard enough šŸ¤”) We saw Harves taking Mitch and the Pou through video footage at his desk, and Lenny and Boris returning from discussions. Players walking around everywhere. Just a terrific experience.

The staff took their time and continually queried whether we had any other questions, or wanted to see anything else.

This is a photo of me standing next to the 50+ year members board, although Iā€™ve obviously had to take into account privacy issues šŸ˜ƒ

pJz8e3O.jpg
Great stuff Dr

A great post there Doc.

It sounds like you had an awesome time there.

Rsea Park is a truly magnificent place to visit now that it's nearly complete.........there's still a large indoor structure to be built at the South Road end.....from the existing indoor basketball court around to the foward pocket.

A "little birdie" recently told me that funding for that building is nearly complete.

I remember going in there around 08 or 09 and thought Jesus Christ this is pretty bad for afl level
We went last time we were in Melb so just on pre covid and it looked so diff

Cannot wait to get there again and hopefully catch an aflw game and then a Saints game at marvel in the same week

I remember going in there around 08 or 09 and thought Jesus Christ this is pretty bad for afl level

Cannot wait to get there again and hopefully catch an aflw game and then a Saints game at marvel in the same week
I can remember walking through the front doors of that shithole to go upstairs when the saints were flogging stuff at one of thier end of year sales. The broken lift was least of it's problem.

Today it's fantastic. AFLW gameday even better.

I think youā€™ll be pretty impressed. Theyā€™ve done a bucketload of work down there. The whole place looks amazing. Hard to believe itā€™s the same place I used to go to watch Plugger play.

I think youā€™ll be pretty impressed. Theyā€™ve done a bucketload of work down there. The whole place looks amazing. Hard to believe itā€™s the same place I used to go to watch Plugger play.
Yeah ive been there Rem
Just nothing was happening that day
No one about, was prob too early
As we pulled in we did see Stuv rock up in that giant old Mercedes he used to drive, this was just about the time when all the s**t started about him leaving.

pJz8e3O.jpg
Are you as handsome in real life as you are in anonymity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pJz8e3O.jpg
You look ****ed mate

pJz8e3O.jpg
As if anyone is going to stalk you LOL Go on show your mug

Current Membership Tally (31/07/2023):

This Time Last Year (29/07/2022):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 60,172 (2022)
2. 58,257 (2023)
3. 55,832 (2021)
4. 48,775 (2020)
5. 45,678 (2018)

Projected Final Total: