2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Your a Freemantle supporter would have thought you'd be watching them. Very interesting how many supporters feel the need to have cheap shots at the Saints

Expect the Saints to be anywhere between 7-12, pre season brings lots of uncertainty Melbourne and North supporters will be up and about at the moment.

Enjoy the season
Don't play dumb with me. I remember the venom that the saints unleashed on the main board every time Freo lost. It was bay 13type gut less troll posts. Hence I will be happy the saints don't play finals in 2017

Mattew Lloyd was the first forward of Bombers. I actually liked watching. If Joe gets his kicking right, the bloke can kick 75+
He's got the ability to be a very good player but come on, 75+ goals? That has to be very unlikely. 50 goals? Definitely. 60? At a push but he's quite capable at his best. But considering the only players to kick 75+ in the last 6 years are Franklin, Roughead, Betts and Kennedy I would highly doubt Daniher will be joining that list anytime in the near future.

hanging out for that AFL ladder predictor.. I wont just rattle off teams in a certain order..
although I do have a feeling the Crows will struggle... in the past as soon as theres expectation for us to finish in the finals or top 4 etc we have crumbled..
already copping injuries.. Sloane to miss 4 weeks (will be pushing it to be fit for round 1_, Lever hammy, B crouch hammy..
I think the crows will be 7-10th.. 4 weeks ago I had them 4th/5th.
A ladder predictor on the official site that can be used prior to halfway through the year....it's like we're asking too much.

Don't play dumb with me. I remember the venom that the saints unleashed on the main board every time Freo lost. It was bay 13type gut less troll posts. Hence I will be happy the saints don't play finals in 2017

Ooow ok then, have to say nothin from me on Freeo. If that's what makes you happy good luck.

He's got the ability to be a very good player but come on, 75+ goals? That has to be very unlikely. 50 goals? Definitely. 60? At a push but he's quite capable at his best. But considering the only players to kick 75+ in the last 6 years are Franklin, Roughead, Betts and Kennedy I would highly doubt Daniher will be joining that list anytime in the near future.
75 out of 300 shots on goal would be impressive though.

Yeah it would be quite unlikely he'll kick over 60 this year unless he fixes his kicking to an extent. 50-60 would be my prediction if he plays close to 20 games at least.

GWS
ADELAIDE
GEELONG
WB
HAWKS
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE
WCE

PORT
ST KILDA
FREMANTLE
COLLINGWOOD
GCS
ESSENDON
RICHMOND
CARLTON
NORTH
BRISBANE

How did you calculate Crows to finish 2nd?

I think they are limited to their ability to cover for Danger. Good players in the team but I feel they lack that dominant midfielder. I think with ease teams like Cats Bulldogs Swans Eagles Hawks are comfortably ahead of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are limited to their ability to cover for Danger. Good players in the team but I feel they lack that dominant midfielder. I think with ease teams like Cats Bulldogs Swans Eagles Hawks are comfortably ahead of them
Possibly because they finished 5th last year and aren't exactly an old team, outside of the Dogs and Swans they are better than the rest of that list.

I have them second as well. Their midfield looks pretty average on paper but statistically and visibly, they have one of the better midfields in the comp - a solid mix of inside and outside; with Cameron and Matt Crouch (possibly Brad also) I expect to continue improving. Their forward line and back lines are both top four in the comp in my opinion, and I can see them winning 12/12 at Adelaide Oval this year. If they can win half of their interstate games, and maybe factoring in some losses in SA, that's a solid 15+ wins right there. Fair enough to those who don't rate them so highly, but I'm big on Adelaide and I see big things happening.

I have them second as well. Their midfield looks pretty average on paper but statistically and visibly, they have one of the better midfields in the comp - a solid mix of inside and outside; with Cameron and Matt Crouch (possibly Brad also) I expect to continue improving. Their forward line and back lines are both top four in the comp in my opinion, and I can see them winning 12/12 at Adelaide Oval this year. If they can win half of their interstate games, and maybe factoring in some losses in SA, that's a solid 15+ wins right there. Fair enough to those who don't rate them so highly, but I'm big on Adelaide and I see big things happening.

I just think Swans mids of Kennedy Jack Hannebery Mills Heeney looks heaps better not to mention having Buddy forward is a bonus. Much rather that midfield any day of the week.

I'd rather other midfields a ahead of Crows tbh

Possibly because they finished 5th last year and aren't exactly an old team, outside of the Dogs and Swans they are better than the rest of that list.

The had virtually zero injuries last year. They pretty much had their best side on the field every week. 2 thirds of them had their best years ever. That will not happen again. We all know their midfield is their weakness and it will be interesting to see what GWS do to them if both Crouch and Sloane aren't playing round 1, but I reckon their backline is pretty suspect if Talia goes down too.

The had virtually zero injuries last year. They pretty much had their best side the field every week. 2 thirds of them had their best years ever. That will not happen again. We all know their midfield is their weakness and it will be interesting to see what GWS do to them if both Crouch and Sloane aren't playing round 1, but I reckon their backline is pretty suspect if Talia goes down too.
Why wouldn't it happen again? They had no injuries last year, that to me shows durability and efficient coaching and fitness staff, if it happened already, it is every chance of repeating.

The had virtually zero injuries last year. They pretty much had their best side on the field every week. 2 thirds of them had their best years ever. That will not happen again. We all know their midfield is their weakness and it will be interesting to see what GWS do to them if both Crouch and Sloane aren't playing round 1, but I reckon their backline is pretty suspect if Talia goes down too.
With all due respect its hard to see a Port Adelaide supporter offering a dispassionate summary of Crows.prospects

Crows don't have a mid that really send fears to opposing taggers like
Cats have Danger and Selwood
Swans have Kieren Jack and others
Dogs have Bontempelli
Suns have Gary Ablett
Freo have Fyfe

They are good young players but don't see how they finish 2nd ahead of other teams like Swans

Crows don't have a mid that really send fears to opposing taggers like
Cats have Danger and Selwood
Swans have Kieren Jack and others
Dogs have Bontempelli
Suns have Gary Ablett
Freo have Fyfe

They are good young players but don't see how they finish 2nd ahead of other teams like Swans

There's also more to football than midfields gillo.

Just suggesting pretty much everything went right for them last year and they finished 6th.
I agree. I don't get where the improvement is coming from. Take out Sloane and their midfield is the weakest in comp. If Adelaide play finals that is a great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back