JLT 2017 - Wk3 - WEstern Bulldogs v Brisbane, Etihad Stadium, 7.30pm, Foxfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus picken, dean Zorko.

Why am I paying for Foxtel again?

Add in a bloke with a handful of senior games getting called by his number (Hammelman) by Derm.

He started the night with a Marcus Picken, is a favourite of his.

Add in a bloke with a handful of senior games getting called by his number (Hammelman) by Derm.

He started the night with a Marcus Picken, is a favourite of his.

It absolutely amazes me that he cannot get Jake Stringers name right. He's one of the most well known players in the league and he still called him JESSE tonight. How do people like him get away with half arsing their job like that?

It absolutely amazes me that he cannot get Jake Stringers name right. He's one of the most well known players in the league and he still called him JESSE tonight. How do people like him get away with half arsing their job like that?

When we can put together 3 or 4 major blunders in one match, you have to wonder what sort of review they do of their performance.

people do it every year, despite it never meaning anything.

In can mean something, but only good form.

There's a strong correlation between elite performance (undefeated or Grand Final for the old NAB Cup) in the Pre Season, and strong performance in the AFL season.

There's nothing to suggest that poor Pre Season leads to poor season performance though.

In can mean something, but only good form.

There's a strong correlation between elite performance (undefeated or Grand Final for the old NAB Cup) in the Pre Season, and strong performance in the AFL season.

There's nothing to suggest that poor Pre Season leads to poor season performance though.

Yeah but isn't it always the case that the good teams don't try whilst the bottom sides try their guts out? The difference in intensity is just too big to place any stock in the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but isn't it always the case that the good teams don't try whilst the bottom sides try their guts out? The difference in intensity is just too big to place any stock in the result.

Maybe. I just know if you look through history, you'll find teams who perform well in the pre-season tend to follow up with a very good season.

Except Carlton, they are an anomaly.

The good: english's work outside of the taps. Ruckwork will improve

Jong resting forward.

Jake Stringer had some moments.

Roarke injury starts off the bad.

Marcus Adams. Crameri.

Tom Boyd's hands

A few of the kids not quite there.

The umpiring. In general - wtf was that close play on?

It's a weird feeling knowing your club is destined for finals.

This is our year.

With the right injury run, why not? You could scrape into the 8 if you make the Gabba a fortress. It's really hard to rule any team out in todays AFL.

Reckon we must be odds on favorite to win the flag? I mean, not even the premiers stood a chance against our elite ball running ability.

Early signs of premiership hang over evident

At the same stage as the wooden spooners Essendon currently winless in season 2017
Cheers man. All your support during the finals have been fantastic. In fact, it helped us win the premiership. Please continue :thumbsu:

With the right injury run, why not? You could scrape into the 8 if you make the Gabba a fortress. It's really hard to rule any team out in todays AFL.

Especially with Eric "superstar" Hipwood leading the forward line.

Funny that despite the absence of many players who would've formed some semblance of a structure, it was the pressure that delivered a premiership that cost us on the night.

Super impressed with Brisbane's ball movement. Leppitsch's corridor play boggled the mind, so to get some overlapping run on the wings is encouraging.

So if Melbourne are superstars according to the Media because of their JLT form then the Dogs are in free fall and Beveridge is a one trick pony.

Is there possibly another explanation?

Far too young, however, I feel like we are building a quality, talented young list and I am confident Fagan will set us on the right path. My main positive from tonight is Eric Hipwood continuing to show the exciting signs that he showed last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back