Unofficial Preview JLT Game 3 vs Hawthorn at Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

"The leadership group decision was made today. The Hawks are treating their final JLT contest against Port Adelaide as a full dress-rehearsal ahead of Round 1, so as soon as Hodge was ruled out of Round 1, he was chosen to play in a Box Hill VFL practice match at 4pm today at Ikon Park. He is expected to comment on the decision as he leaves the ground."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...p/news-story/ded2913f893656f6a183b784e4d1956c

Wally May a likeable oaf from yesteryear. Might have played for Sturt?

50 games with Sturt and 90 with Essendon before that. Was captain coach of the double blues for a year.

Just checked his record out on Wikipedia and saw his career at Sturt was from 1954-59. No wonder he was scarred by Port :D.

Are you accusing Patient mental of being a mental patient because he's mad and he makes you mad. :D
Perhaps I should be cutting him some slack and accept that he is entitled to vent in pretty much every post he contributes. The fact that he may or may not be a ‘mental patient’ could be directly or indirectly related to port’s poor form over the previous two years.

port’s poor form over the previous two years.

We've had 1, arguably 2, seasons that haven't ended in supreme disappointment or abject disaster/humiliation since the flag in 2004.

We have been horrendously run for the better part of 20 years and all signs are pointing to another extended era of derp after the outlier that was 2013 and most of 2014.

It'd be nice to be sat here like a sanctimonious Hawthorn or Geelong fan chiding a fellow fan for bemoaning not finishing top-4 for the first time since VHS was in its pomp, but we don't have that luxury.

If anything, the doomsayers are interesting scenery on our endless road to nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that he may or may not be a ‘mental patient’ could be directly or indirectly related to port’s poor form over the previous two years.
That's why I said he was mad. Sure we all get frustrated and he's not alone in taking the glass 1/2 empty approach.
My melts on gameday can be over the top but that usually passes fairly quickly. I'll admit that being brutal about us
is depressing and brings our BF 'vibe' down. He's angry like a lot of us and is venting on here. Might help him to off load but not us :(.
BTW I was joking in previous post.

That's why I said he was mad. Sure we all get frustrated and he's not alone in taking the glass 1/2 empty approach.
My melts on gameday can be over the top but that usually passes fairly quickly. I'll admit that being brutal about us
is depressing and brings our BF 'vibe' down. He's angry like a lot of us and is venting on here. Might help him to off load but not us :(.

Richmond fans have an acronym, 'eco'.

Emotionally Checked Out.

Maintaining some level of rage is better than nothing.

I live down south so I am probably biased but South Adelaide actually make the best steak sandwiches in the SANFL. They are pretty cheap too. I never have any complaints with the catering at Hickinbotham. Rain is usually not a problem either as you can stand under the shelter near the bar. My usual complaint is the ****in icey cold wind but even that may not be a problem this week.

PS Someone posted that there is a pre match function in the Colonnades Tavern. Anyone know what time it starts?
I was being a bit facetious. I live in the inner west and therefore probably wont trek to Noarlunga - although the steak sandwiches are appealing.

I have no problem with the game at SANFL grounds, just the SANFL diehards who fail to recognise the value our club provides them.

I live in the inner west and therefore probably wont trek to Noarlunga
The train is easy. It's how i'm going and looking forward to being on an electric one for the 1st time. Short walk from the
Colonnades Station and for some real excitement some BF posters are meeting up pre-game at the Colonnades Tavern.
Just a thought

I get where he's coming from. Like him, I have lived the last two years (and the many before that) as well, but I don't constantly regurgitate how bad I think we are (which I agree is his right), and I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way to place a negative slant on the club's choice to rest Chad for a week. I’m sure they’ll do some match sim during the off week.

Let’s see if the word (propaganda) coming from the club, stating that the players are getting use to a new structure, has merit. If we are still crap when the season starts, and there are no positive signs of things improving in the subsequent weeks, I'm sure 'Patient Mental' will have no trouble organising a 'VENT March from the Mall'.

Perhaps I should be cutting him some slack and accept that he is entitled to vent in pretty much every post he contributes. The fact that he may or may not be a ‘mental patient’ could be directly or indirectly related to port’s poor form over the previous two years.
Just a heads up, the site works best if when someone ticks you off you just use the 'ignore' function for their posts for a while. Not suggesting you necessarily do that in this instance because a lot of us are posting irritated stuff at present, and I know I'm personally benefiting from the old advice to re-read the draft and then count to 10 before hitting 'Post Reply'.

The train is easy. It's how i'm going and looking forward to being on an electric one for the 1st time. Short walk from the
Colonnades Station and for some real excitement some BF posters are meeting up pre-game at the Colonnades Tavern.
Just a thought
Is there going to be a march from the Colonades Mall? Walk over some bridge or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back